• Welcome to the New Server...Fire in, we lost about 1 hour although some of you a may have still been in DNS Propagation.
    See you in the Morning. GGTTH

Corona virus on its own thread.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
The number of confirmed covid cases worldwide passed 100,000,000 today.

The number confirmed deaths passed 2,000,000 on January 14th. The first confirmed death, as its recorded just now, was on January 9th last year.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Had a colleague go for vaccine today to be told there wasn't enough and so his priority isnt high enough for now but they rebooked. To be fair this is Midlothian who are well ahead of Edinburgh with vaccinating care workers but does show there may be some supply issues already filtered through

Greenmachine

Had a colleague go for vaccine today to be told there wasn't enough and so his priority isnt high enough for now but they rebooked. To be fair this is Midlothian who are well ahead of Edinburgh with vaccinating care workers but does show there may be some supply issues already filtered through
There's bound to be. The Scottish Government have prioritised care home residents and workers in these places as recommended by the JCVI, so that will mean others might take a bit longer. Hopefully your colleague won't have to wait too long.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
It's been well documented that the supply is patchy at best. Despite the best efforts of the media and the yoon branch office bods in Scotland trying to spread misinformation, this was even confirmed by the minister for vaccines, Nadhim Zahawi.

Greenmachine

My dad (87) got his vaccination last Tuesday down at his local GP surgery.

His neighbour (in her 70's) has had a letter giving her a mid February appointment, however it is at a drive through at the Queen Margaret University. What happens if you don't have a car ?

hibsfan58

New radge
I just received my appointment letter for next week at the EICC in Edinburgh. Can anyone recommend best parking places nearby? I remember going to an event there a couple of years ago and parking was a nightmare!

Admin
I just received my appointment letter for next week at the EICC in Edinburgh. Can anyone recommend best parking places nearby? I remember going to an event there a couple of years ago and parking was a nightmare!

I worked next door before Covid made me work from home for the past 10 months, there is a underground car park under Scottish widows off Semple Stret called Semple Street parking. Its no cheap but if you ar in and out wouldnae be too bad.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Do you have another driver yi can take with yi? My missus had an appointment there last year and I just sat in the car in a wee lay-by just up the road a bit. Nae wardens came but if they did I was just gonni drive round the corner and go back tae the space.

Admin
Do you have another driver yi can take with yi? My missus had an appointment there last year and I just sat in the car in a wee lay-by just up the road a bit. Nae wardens came but if they did I was just gonni drive round the corner and go back tae the space.

Aye the wee lay bye is outside my office, you can spin round and sit outside Scottish Widows too.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
100,000 UK deaths most down South due to Tory failures which Boris still takes no responsibility over.

1. late lockdowns
2. late school closures
3. no enforcement of mask wearing
4. borders remained open
5. eat out to help out
6. 100000 lives lost
#ToryIncompetence

100,000 UK deaths most down South due to Tory failures which Boris still takes no responsibility over.

1. late lockdowns
2. late school closures
4. borders remained open
5. eat out to help out
6. 100000 lives lost
#ToryIncompetence

I take it that you are hopelessly blind like many others to #ScottishGovincompetence

BIG G

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The real death rate going by death certificates is 120,00. Make no mistake the govt. are responsible. A complete change in policy is needed if we are to get through this, which I have been saying for several weeks now. When I started commenting on this pandemic I would make corona deaths comparable with a medium-sized football crowd. It is now more comparable with a Hiroshima.

Jack

1. late lockdowns
2. late school closures
4. borders remained open
5. eat out to help out
6. 100000 lives lost
#ToryIncompetence
England 88,042
Scotland 5,796
Wales 4,561
NI 1,763

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
I take it that you are hopelessly blind like many others to #ScottishGovincompetence

BIG G
Scotland took a four nation approach so yes that was a mistake, it should have went it alone. If Scotland had full control we could have made many more of our own descions.

Jack

BIG G
I don't think anyone on here is hopelessly blind to the shortcomings of the SG.

Nor are they blindly ignoring where the SG has been unable to act because, for example the legislation was late being put in place by Westminster and Westminster holds the purse strings for furlough etc.

Had there been no SNP in government I'd suggest the likelihood is Scotland would still be copying and pasting English legislation into NHS Scotland. Fewer hospitals, doctors, GPs, nurses and fewer of all the other wonderful people that make up NHS Scotland. Even fewer than our underfunded NHS has now ;-)

If that was the case I think it could reasonably be expected Scotland would have the same death rate as England and the number in Scotland would be around 10%ish of England. I'll let you do the maths.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts