Corona virus on its own thread.

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
The Bonfire of the Sanities is now upon us.

The ramifications for mental health are going to be catastrophic. One can only imagine how big that iceberg below the surface of us all will prove to be.
Cant stress the mental health implications enough.... luckily my part of the NHS has had Mental Health at the forefront for their staff. Theres weekly emails with information on better mental/support networks/encouraging peer to peer contact/warning signs etc etc.... I fully realise how luckily it is having this, and the vast majority have no such support; the elderly etc.... but at least the bigger institutions are doing something to support their staff eg work from home/frontline pandemic. Radge times.

SPOT ON. Its no the govs fault. It the peoples.
Jamie.....Johnson, Surgeon, Drakeford and Foster fuckin' lap what you say up. It saves them doing it.
A good look at what they have done or rather not done, since the beginning of 2020 is more relevant in my opinion.

They were all at the same starting line as Jacinda Ardern when starting pistol went off.

BIG G

Last edited:

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Jamie.....Johnson, Surgeon, Drakeford and Foster fuckin' lap what you say up. It saves them doing it.
A good look at what they have done or rather not done, since the beginning of 2020 is more relevant in my opinion.

They were all at the same starting line as Jacinda Ardern when starting pistol went off.

BIG G
thats true. There has been some horrors from them all... the fuck you attitude of swathes of the general public have simply conpounded the situation (rather than them being the sole reason, and the politicians being let off scot free)@.

Forgive me if I have that wrong @Jamie

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca

BIG G

Agreed. To a greater or lesser extent, most western governments have not performed well. Yeah, some people haven't helped but it's the overall strategy (or lack of, I should say) that really got us to this point.

Jamie

Admin

BIG G
Nae bother amigo. No one else could do any of there jobs. If we dinnae as people do it ourselves then the queen of sheba couldnae do it.

Lap it up haha, we the people are causing this virus to still be here not boris, nicola or anyone else.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
thats true. There has been some horrors from them all... the fuck you attitude of swathes of the general public have simply conpounded the situation (rather than them being the sole reason, and the politicians being let off scot free)@.

Forgive me if I have that wrong @Jamie
The reason that Britain has a lot of fuck everyone else politicians is that there is a lot of fuck everyone else voters putting them in power.

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Can I just clarify something here ?

I live on my own and so does my 87 year old dad. I get all his shopping for him, pay his bills etc as he can't get out and has poor mobility. In March till about July last year I was not allowed to go into his house to give him his things and basically look after him. I assume from todays statement that we are now back to this again ?
You are the mirror image of myself except replace dad with mum. I Calais myself as her cater and as such from day one I have been allowed into her house and will continue to do so, if I didn’t I don’t think she would survive a week.

So a full lockdown like March except.. meet a friend outside or in your garden, zoo's and outside attractions and gyms open, parks open, 15 under 12s and 2 adults can do sports and clubs, manufacturing and non essential factories open, trades and construction open, house removals , exercise unlimited times outside, universities fazed opening from Tuesday and thousands returning from all over the world to halls of residence and flats, don't travel abroad although we won't check and you'll sail in when you arrive in our airports

Apart from all that full lockdown because we're at a worse point that last year . Hardly New Zealand

So a full lockdown like March except.. meet a friend outside or in your garden, zoo's and outside attractions and gyms open, parks open, 15 under 12s and 2 adults can do sports and clubs, manufacturing and non essential factories open, trades and construction open, house removals , exercise unlimited times outside, universities fazed opening from Tuesday and thousands returning from all over the world to halls of residence and flats, don't travel abroad although we won't check and you'll sail in when you arrive in our airports

Apart from all that full lockdown because we're at a worse point that last year . Hardly New Zealand

In a nutshell. Grown up questions from grown up politicians, oh really, O'Reilly. You have provided a list of possible questions that grown up politicians should have asked/should ask. Ive stopped listening to the hot air eminating from the Gasworks in Edinburgh and London.

BIG G

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca

In fairness we have a better idea of when the virus is most likely to spread. The risk outdoors is low if social distancing is maintained so keeping parks, zoos, gardens open and allowing unlimited exercise etc. makes sense to minimise other harms.

I'm surprised to hear gyms and kids team sports are back as I thought they'd closed with tier 4 restrictions.

In fairness we have a better idea of when the virus is most likely to spread. The risk outdoors is low if social distancing is maintained so keeping parks, zoos, gardens open and allowing unlimited exercise etc. makes sense to minimise other harms.

I'm surprised to hear gyms and kids team sports are back as I thought they'd closed with tier 4 restrictions.
fair enough for gardens and zoos although it's easy for us to say as we aren't the cleaners or security there( the number 1 and 2 highest covid mortality jobs). What about factories trades and uni's (pollock halls will be party zone this weekend filled with lovely chaps from the se England)

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Sounds to me like the Buffoon was softening up England for a lockdown to last until the end(ish) of March.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
fair enough for gardens and zoos although it's easy for us to say as we aren't the cleaners or security there( the number 1 and 2 highest covid mortality jobs). What about factories trades and uni's (pollock halls will be party zone this weekend filled with lovely chaps from the se England)

Factories, trades etc. I'm totally with you, clearly the gov has traded off the working class to keep the economy moving.

Are the Unis going back? I presume most are going online but expect there will be full testing for anyone going back - seemed to work OK for Christmas.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Brutal stuff but no really surprising as we have to many privileged people who feel these restrictions are not for them and spreading this horrible thing about.

Factories, trades etc. I'm totally with you, clearly the gov has traded off the working class to keep the economy moving.

Are the Unis going back? I presume most are going online but expect there will be full testing for anyone going back - seemed to work OK for Christmas.
Less than 10% of students took the test and not compulsory this time too. Students can go on campus from tomorrow to use study spaces and hand on classes. Pollock halls have went from 5% to 40% full on Sunday