• Welcome to the New Server...Fire in, we lost about 1 hour although some of you a may have still been in DNS Propagation.
    See you in the Morning. GGTTH

Corona virus on its own thread.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Sister was saying work at the hospital has been really hectic this weeks with 100 or so free beds across the board when this time last year they had over 400 free.

Also a large increase in young people with the virus including a lot of kids.

Last edited:

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Worse of this whole thing is we've not even hit the peak, goverment fuck ups throughout the UK (especially bad with Boris and his mumbling jumbling), my kids won't be going back to school dont beleive it safe to do so and have a wee man who has asthma and suffered with RSV as a baby so not risking it.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Scottish Parliament recalled for tomorrow following on from a meeting of the Scottish emergency folk. Nicola Sturgeons chat on social media looks as though we're going from tier 4 to tier 40! Basically stay at home!

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Worse of this whole thing is we've not even hit the peak, goverment fuck ups throughout the UK (especially bad with Boris and his mumbling jumbling), my kids won't be going back to school dont beleive it safe to do so and have a wee man who has asthma and suffered with RSV as a baby so not risking it.
The schools won't be opening so no problem there.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Whatever you think of the parties involved it's still refreshing to see Ruth Davidson ask actual grown up questions which are then answered in a grown up way. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw that happen in Westminster.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Can I just clarify something here ?

I live on my own and so does my 87 year old dad. I get all his shopping for him, pay his bills etc as he can't get out and has poor mobility. In March till about July last year I was not allowed to go into his house to give him his things and basically look after him. I assume from todays statement that we are now back to this again ?

emerald green

Well-Known Radge

I live on my own and so does my 87 year old dad. I get all his shopping for him, pay his bills etc as he can't get out and has poor mobility. In March till about July last year I was not allowed to go into his house to give him his things and basically look after him. I assume from todays statement that we are now back to this again ?
bro, I think you are still ok to go to him. Your in his bubble. Ive just had a text from my folks to say I can still visit them (pretty much same situ as you)

Rocky

Well-Known Radge

I'm pretty sure she said that this change doesn't affected "extended households" so the extended household section in this link should still apply:

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Here we go again
.. and yes, here we go again. Everyone is waxing lyrica about what governments have fucked up where... but for me, a huge factor for here we go again is the amount of people who just dont give a fuck! A huge amount of the public, after all this time, cannae get their heads round some basic principles!

So for example : portobello beach at new years day etc.... rammed.

Its just no going to fix until we have a very big % of the population vaccinated. We should just expect the unexpected for the next 12 months in all aspects of life. eg The schools now put back to feb; told my 6th form son when they advisedschools shut till 18th Jan that thats almost guaranteed to change.

What is abundantly clear is that health care around the globe it wholly inadequate to support thier populations in worse case scenarios.
Its almost universally accepted in Science communities that we were long overdue a pandemic of some sorts, and that these will be more frequent in the future.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
So is everything shutting again?

Last time most of us got furloughed because building sites got shut and nobody could get into houses to do any work.
Are we going back to those conditions?

I'm getting scans at hospital in a couple weeks too, will that get put back another lifetime?

Jamie

Admin
.. and yes, here we go again. Everyone is waxing lyrica about what governments have fucked up where... but for me, a huge factor for here we go again is the amount of people who just dont give a fuck! A huge amount of the public, after all this time, cannae get their heads round some basic principles!

So for example : portobello beach at new years day etc.... rammed.

Its just no going to fix until we have a very big % of the population vaccinated. We should just expect the unexpected for the next 12 months in all aspects of life. eg The schools now put back to feb; told my 6th form son when they advisedschools shut till 18th Jan that thats almost guaranteed to change.

What is abundantly clear is that health care around the globe it wholly inadequate to support thier populations in worse case scenarios.
Its almost universally accepted in Science communities that we were long overdue a pandemic of some sorts, and that these will be more frequent in the future.
SPOT ON. Its no the govs fault. It the peoples.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
So is everything shutting again?

Last time most of us got furloughed because building sites got shut and nobody could get into houses to do any work.
Are we going back to those conditions?

I'm getting scans at hospital in a couple weeks too, will that get put back another lifetime?
She just said that people who can work from home must do so and she'd be working with businesses to make sure they were doing all they could to enable working from home. I took from that that building sites / plumbers etc would still be able to operate.

I suspect the scans thing will depend on how the hospitals cope in the coming days and weeks.

aggie

Justified Radge
The Bonfire of the Sanities is now upon us.

The ramifications for mental health are going to be catastrophic. One can only imagine how big that iceberg below the surface of us all will prove to be.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts