Corona virus on its own thread.

Jack

Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Regarding an earlier post where I suggested the media put together a list of dodgy contracts awarded by the thieving torys.

It seems the National Audit Office (also thieving, useless bastards but that's another story) have cobbled together such a list. Of the £18bn worth of contracts awarded in relation to the coronavirus crisis £10.5bn* worth were possibly hooky!

I'd expect to hear a similar story when the Brexit clusterfuck is investigated.

* To give some idea of how much that is in government spending power its almost enough to run NHS Scotland for a year, £12ish bn.

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
West Lothian is going into tier 4 lockdown this Friday. I do believe that schools are contributing to driving the infection rates up however I gather that Livingston Centre has been mobbed with bus loads of people coming in from Ayrshire, Glasgow and fuckin Newcastle. No doubt from other places too. All out for a jolly around the shops. Folk too wandering around with no face covering and the centre security taking no preventative measures. At least the designer outlet over the road have made an effort with its one way system and security stopping folk at the entrances with a non nonsense ’nae mask=nae entry’ policy. We’re fucked if folk don’t start taking this seriously.

hibbiemacfie

Registered
Yes Beagle you're right although the powers that be don't think it's the schools that are driving the infection rate up. It's the grown-up's that you describe in your post that can't take any responsibility for themselves and disregard the safety of others. Time for these people to wise up but then they probably can't. We live in a thick nation I'm afraid.

Hattie

Donator
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Its the anti mask wearers making it worse, ffs if you’re indoors, esp shopping malls wtf is wrong with wearing a mask? Yet its these anti mask wearers who are desperately trying to blame the govt. the govt has not been blamesless i kniw, but if you’re refusing to wear a mask you dont have a right to blame anyone. Just fecking idiots.
Had a guy on twitter yesterday, saying gyms should be open cause he is fit as feck and has a 99.8% chance surviving!!! Not a shit about who he could infect🙈🙈

Rocky

VIP Member
Registered
I read that it was 62% with two full doses and 90% if a half dose followed by a full dose. I don't think there are enough cases in the sample to be confident in those numbers though so they can only quote the overall number of 70% as it stands. Even 70% should be enough to get to herd immunity levels of protection and I believe they've been manufacturing the Oxford vaccine since around July in anticipation of approval being received so hopefully the rollout of that one can start pretty quickly. It's much cheaper than the Pfizer / Moderna ones too and the UK has 100 million doses ordered (enough for 50 million people) plus it doesn't need stored at -70 degrees like the other ones do. I could see us ending up rolling out the Pfizer one to highest risk groups with the Oxford one going to everyone else.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
VIP Member
Registered
Apparently both are correct,

70% one dose, 90% if a half dose followed by a full dose.
I read that it was 62% with two full doses and 90% if a half dose followed by a full dose. I don't think there are enough cases in the sample to be confident in those numbers though so they can only quote the overall number of 70% as it stands. Even 70% should be enough to get to herd immunity levels of protection and I believe they've been manufacturing the Oxford vaccine since around July in anticipation of approval being received so hopefully the rollout of that one can start pretty quickly. It's much cheaper than the Pfizer / Moderna ones too and the UK has 100 million doses ordered (enough for 50 million people) plus it doesn't need stored at -70 degrees like the other ones do. I could see us ending up rolling out the Pfizer one to highest risk groups with the Oxford one going to everyone else.
Crystal clear.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
18,500 new cases of Covid19 in the past 24 hours and 696 deaths. I wonder if there is an increase in new cases and deaths following the Christmas Covid restriction break, Johnson, Sturgeon, Foster and Drakeford will publically say that they got it wrong or more likely, say we gave you the chance and you the people have fucked it up.

BIG G

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
18,500 new cases of Covid19 in the past 24 hours and 696 deaths. I wonder if there is an increase in new cases and deaths following the Christmas Covid restriction break, Johnson, Sturgeon, Foster and Drakeford will publically say that they got it wrong or more likely, say we gave you the chance and you the people have fucked it up.

BIG G
I think yesterday’s announcement is taking the wrong approach but the governments were better trying to set some ground rules rather than a blanket ban because we all know every *&*^ was going to ignore the advice. I can guarantee Hogmanay will be a disaster Covid wise because folk cannie celebrate new year without getting pissed. The infection rate will be through the roof by spring, vaccine or not.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
Hats off to you mate. The only Nationalist on here to raise doubts about this Christmas break lunacy. If it were Boris and England only, I have no doubt many on here would be giving it 'stupid Tory Bastards'. Knocked on the heid with Sturgeon at al supporting this. Looks like the baws burst. NI and Wales increasing restrictions today, after lockdowns.
I was the only person criticising the hurry up to open Schools and Universities, particularly the Sir Starmer colluding with Johnson. Is anyone in the know, able to explain that there is speculation that Scottish School and University Christmas breaks could be extended. A conundrum within a cunumbrum.

Mind you I am living in a myopic wee world apparently.

Today.....16022 new cases, 521 coffins.

BIG G

Ps just watch Nimrod Sweeney. He does not look convinced about what he's saying.

Last edited:

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
I don’t think the Scottish government were left with many options. Full lockdown? Folk will just say, “Aye right. It won’t happen to me or anyone I know so I’ll just ignore the rules, ‘cos Christmas innit”
People are more likely to comply with a relaxation albeit with set guidelines than a total ban. Human nature.

hibbiemacfie

Registered
Agree about the Christmas break being lunacy with the easing somewhat of restrictions. However Christmas is a non-event for me unfortunately and has been for several years. But people MUST have their fun world wide pandemic or not. The attitude of some would be - Bl**dy SNP Govt. won't even let us have Xmas! The crux of the matter is some folk refuse to take any responsibility for themselves or others. They have grown up from childhood getting everything they want. They must have Christmas, they must have their drinks in the pubs, they must self indulge. Well I hope they enjoy themselves it may be their last festive season.

Last edited:

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
Well I hope they enjoy themselves it may be their last festive season.

It will be for many loved ones as things stand. This madness will unnecessary exacerbate that for many more. Shocking decision. My Party will shamefully back the Tories on Tuesday. Any Nats with the ear of SNP high heid yins know their position for Tuesday.

BIG G

Jack

Legend
VIP Member
Registered
If you look around the 'Christian' world rules are being relaxed in all that I've seen.

I don't necessarily agree with it but my Christmas was planned with the current rules still being in place and won't change unless I get out at sometime for a wee drink although I can't see that happening.

Schools and universities are the elephant in the room. These kids super spreaders. Not their fault in the main but they are.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
If you look around the 'Christian' world rules are being relaxed in all that I've seen.

I don't necessarily agree with it but my Christmas was planned with the current rules still being in place and won't change unless I get out at sometime for a wee drink although I can't see that happening.

Schools and universities are the elephant in the room. These kids super spreaders. Not their fault in the main but they are.

Where is this Christian world, what have they done? How bad are their death rates?

BIG G

Beagle

Donator
VIP Member
Registered
Agree about the Christmas break being lunacy with the easing somewhat of restrictions. However Christmas is a non-event for me unfortunately and has been for several years. But people MUST have their fun world wide pandemic or not. The attitude of some would be - Bl**dy SNP Govt. won't even let us have Xmas! The crux of the matter is some folk refuse to take any responsibility for themselves or others. They have grown up from childhood getting everything they want. They must have Christmas, they must have their drinks in the pubs, they must self indulge. Well I hope they enjoy themselves it may be their last festive season.
Exactly what I was meaning but you put it better than me

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks