Corona virus on its own thread.

Smurf

Bounce Radge
They are certainly behaving like them. I have to say I have seen no effort to defend them on here?
Very little condemnation as well mate. If both were Tories there would be much more. Have to say the calculated nonce MSP upsets me more than a dim half wit MP....

Jack

Bounce Radge
Disgraced SNP MP and still party member faces no further police action. Like that nonce MSP she will continue to cling onto her public purse.

Imagine if both of them were Tories....
It certainly seems as though the police are taking it easy on high profile miscreants in England and in Scotland easier still on everyone! I read today there are some parts of France under a 9 or 10pm curfew. There's no excuse for being out after that time and 1,000s of police will be out fining naughty French people £150 or so if they are. In other countries there are barriers blocking roads. If you don't have a good enough excuse to pass you're sent back with a fine.

Talking of torys ... or not. My more enthusiastic independence friends on Facebook regularly compare Ferrier to a tory MP who apparently did almost exactly the same early doors in the crisis. Barely a mention anywhere.

Admin
Very little condemnation as well mate. If both were Tories there would be much more. Have to say the calculated nonce MSP upsets me more than a dim half wit MP....

I know I was critical of Ferrier on here, I think if she doesn't resign her position she should be 'sacked' from the party and told to stand down as an MP.

It certainly seems as though the police are taking it easy on high profile miscreants in England and in Scotland easier still on everyone! I read today there are some parts of France under a 9 or 10pm curfew. There's no excuse for being out after that time and 1,000s of police will be out fining naughty French people £150 or so if they are. In other countries there are barriers blocking roads. If you don't have a good enough excuse to pass you're sent back with a fine.

Talking of torys ... or not. My more enthusiastic independence friends on Facebook regularly compare Ferrier to a tory MP who apparently did almost exactly the same early doors in the crisis. Barely a mention anywhere.

I mentioned it above last night Jack and Big G and I duly bickered about it.

emerald green

Bounce Radge
Its about a country standing on its own 2 feet. Its about a country where her population have a say in who runs the country.

That one politician here, or one there, being stupid, disingenious, breaking rules, whatever, does not negate the arguement that Scotland should not gorvern itself. ffs

If its acceptable to some of you that it is healthy for Scotland not to have a political say, then(imho) your entrenched unionist position and I respect your right to have it, but GTF wi the whos badder than who shite. The SNP would get voted the fuck out very sharpish post independence.... if the people wanted it at that time.

Every labour voter in Scotland is simply voting tory. Dress it all you want, thats the basic end result.

As a side, these people blatently taking the piss with Covid should be punted from their political party as soon as is practicable. There, job done, nae hysterics, they're oot. If any laws have been broken, then the police press charges.

Jack

Bounce Radge
I know I was critical of Ferrier on here, I think if she doesn't resign her position she should be 'sacked' from the party and told to stand down as an MP.

I mentioned it above last night Jack and Big G and I duly bickered about it.

Ah yes, a very brief mention indeed.

Jack

Bounce Radge
To continue the Ferrier saga ... The Independent have a piece about government people who have breached coronavirus regulations.

In brief;
  • Margaret Ferrier, SNP
  • Jeremy Corbyn, Labour
  • Stanley Johnson, if this arsehole had kept his cock in his trousers at the appropriate time we wouldn't have supersized arsehole Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. God how we needed a Terminator!
  • Dominic Cummings, adviser not sacked
  • Professor Neil Ferguson, adviser sacked
  • Dr Catherine Calderwood, adviser sacked
  • Robert Jenrick, Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary
  • Stephen Kinnock, Labour

Even the Independent forgot about Peter Gibson, Tory bastard for Darlington!

Jack

Bounce Radge
Having had a look at all the extra measures being implemented in other countries that are doing little or nothing to stem increased numbers the UKs pathetic restrictions and non compliance by many of the public suggests we're in for catastrophic few months ahead.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Bounce Radge
Having had a look at all the extra measures being implemented in other countries that are doing little or nothing to stem increased numbers the UKs pathetic restrictions and non compliance by many of the public suggests we're in for catastrophic few months ahead.

Was just thinking the same myself. It’s the equivalent of a one fingered man trying to plug 10 holes in the dyke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenSQH

Bounce Radge
6 weeks of the highest restrictions in Ireland.

Seems mad when places like Wales announce a full lockdown they wait another 4 days to start it. Surely if its that serious then everyday quicker could be better.

Sadly I can't see any of these short term measures working.

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Maybe the same stage would be a better way of putting it?

I think that's implausible. NZ locked down just after Scotland and England because it had the benefit of seeing what was happening elsewhere. To do so at the same stage relative to the UK's first confirmed case you'd have been asking Scotland to go into lockdown a full two weeks before even Italy did.

Last edited:

aggie

Justified Radge
Bounce Radge
I think that's implausible. NZ locked down just after Scotland and England because it had the benefit of seeing what was happening elsewhere. To do so at the same stage relative to the UK's first confirmed case you'd have been asking Scotland to go into lockdown a full two weeks before even Italy did.
Ah yes, the sainted Ahern and the just-amazingly-civilised NZ.

Where now a "new coronavirus law has been hastily passed, despite coming under fire for allowing police to search homes without a warrant", and where "a requirement that only police operate roadblocks was removed", because of course Covid justifies "community-led roadblocks".

Baffles me how supposedly left-leaning people stand by and actually applaud as the most basic civil liberties are ridden over roughshod in the service of biosecurity. Just let that sink in: warrantless searches and 'community-led' roadblocks.

But hey, what can you do? Gotta stay "safe".

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
Just let it run through the population and the strong will survive?

emerald green

Bounce Radge
Ah yes, the sainted Ahern and the just-amazingly-civilised NZ.

Where now a "new coronavirus law has been hastily passed, despite coming under fire for allowing police to search homes without a warrant", and where "a requirement that only police operate roadblocks was removed", because of course Covid justifies "community-led roadblocks".

Baffles me how supposedly left-leaning people stand by and actually applaud as the most basic civil liberties are ridden over roughshod in the service of biosecurity. Just let that sink in: warrantless searches and 'community-led' roadblocks.

But hey, what can you do? Gotta stay "safe".
excellant post aggie.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Looks like only the folk “At risk” will be getting a vaccination

No surprise there...and I agree with those most at risk and front line health workers getting the vaccine when it is ready.

As I have said all along we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19 for evermore.

Viruses don't go away, nor can they be controlled or eradicated. They can only be managed.

A vaccine will help get normality back, but other things will also help hugely like a degree of population immunity.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
I got mine too.

So totally fit super dudes who may be a wee bit long in the tooth are also included.

Anyone hear the cheeky bitch on the news today say “the elderly will be prioritised, that’s over 50’s....”

Fuckin hell. Really?
“Elderly” is folk twenty years older than me. At the very least. Always had been.

Over 50’s.....?

Fuck off dear.

emerald green

Bounce Radge
No surprise there...and I agree with those most at risk and front line health workers getting the vaccine when it is ready.

As I have said all along we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19 for evermore.

Viruses don't go away, nor can they be controlled or eradicated. They can only be managed.

A vaccine will help get normality back, but other things will also help hugely like a degree of population immunity.
.... which actually wont happen, as it is a virus.

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£38.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks