• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Commons

NW

Private Member
Reaction score
Would fans take Commons back as a player coach ? The player part of the contract being pay as you play?

Wouldn't mind, if he is a good coach. Is he?
His playing days seem to be pretty well screwed.

No idea but seemingly that is what he is keen on.

Would fans take Commons back as a player coach ? The player part of the contract being pay as you play?

Sorry his back problems would be a massive concern as I would much rather put his wages onto someone younger with no injuries.

No idea but seemingly that is what he is keen on.

I'd rather just get the best coach we can.

I agree family, all I was told Is that Commons is keen.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we need another coach??? Seem to be ok.

He wouldn't really be a coach though would he? He'd be earning his badges while at Hibs I'm assuming?

He does however have a few tricks he could teach some of the lads though, seems pretty professional in what little I honestly know about him, freekicks are helpful and I think we could nurse him through a season if he's struggling. He managed to survive his short spell here but immediately got injured returning to Celtic I think?

Coach or no coach, if he isn't getting paid when he's not playing it's not a bad deal. I don't think these contracts actually exist though do they? It'll be a basic salary with proper bonuses instead I'd guess? A good player on his day but I agree there's younger players out there that can play week in week out and grow into a player with gametime. He's not gonna get any better and the likelihood of missing a huge part of the season is a serious risk... The chances of us signing him and then nobody proper to replace him during any spells on the sidelines would be a worry for me too.

Yes, I would take Commons as long as he was deemed fit enough to play most of our games. IMO we need experience in our midfield and he certainly would provide this. a top player who has played at a high level and scored goals from midfield regularly.

Yes, I would take Commons as long as he was deemed fit enough to play most of our games. IMO we need experience in our midfield and he certainly would provide this. a top player who has played at a high level and scored goals from midfield regularly.

His back problems aren't easy to resolve therefore it's a huge risk, as I said I would rather we used that money elsewhere.

I think it depends on how much we're paying him.

A holding on to a draw/win at the end of a match or using his experience setting the tone in the first half could be a season maker.

On the other hand as the commensurate professional he is he might stroll through a whole game with ease.

Hearing 2k per week basic inc coaching, 1k per week appearance fee

No thanks. He himself stated that his playing days look to be all but over due to injury. If he has his coaching badges and is better than what we have in that role then aye but if it's a final payday for one of NL's chums then no.

My worry is, what can he offer as a coach and do we need one and if so is he the best we can get?

I reckon that's pretty good value for a player of his calibre. I'm fairly sure that wouldn't even put him in among our highest paid players. It might be the equivalent if he only played a handful of games but I suppose that's a chance you take with any player.

Hibs are an elite football club. Once he's taken the medical the club will make the best decision for the club.

We don’t need yet another midfielder who is going to be unreliable because of injury.

We don’t need yet another midfielder who is going to be unreliable because of injury.

That's my big concern as well, although I'm sure Hibs will have done a complete fitness assessment of him before considering offering him a deal. As I have said before, a fit Kris Commons would be a huge asset for Hibs. An experienced top level pro who can score goals from midfield.

Not for me as we don't really need another coach and due to his back problems we are wasting money where we could get a fully fit player for the same money.

The more coaches the better tbh.

Why would Hibs give him a coaching role? If he has shown potential in that area why would not Celtic offer him a role?

I dont doubt his his quality on the park however I can't see him being on the park too much now and there in lies the major problem for me. A half fit Commons still had enough quality to make an impact for us in the Championship, there is no way he would get away with that in the SPL.

I just cant see any immediate or long term benefits in Hibs signing Commons, we also need to concentrate on signing players who can contribute and offer quality immediately to the side, imo

I really hope Hibs land him. Commons has a lot of quality and experience to bring. he is also a goal threat and expert dead ball taker. He had an outstanding month with us last season after everyone doubted his lack of fitness and particularly match fitness. How many games would he really be expected to play anyway with the trend for squad rotation these days.

Bottom line: Commons is of a quality higher than most of the Hibs squad - these are the type of players that will raise standards. Get him in.

I really hope Hibs land him. Commons has a lot of quality and experience to bring. he is also a goal threat and expert dead ball taker. He had an outstanding month with us last season after everyone doubted his lack of fitness and particularly match fitness. How many games would he really be expected to play anyway with the trend for squad rotation these days.

Bottom line: Commons is of a quality higher than most of the Hibs squad - these are the type of players that will raise standards. Get him in.

Agreed.

That's how I'm thinking bud and surely as Jack commented on hibs are an elite football club and won't splash out thousands per week on a crock and all medical tests will be done
I don't doubt that commons isn't as fit as he was two or three years ago but that doesn't mean he's finished and a crock even if he was as fit as he could be he still would struggle to get game time at sellick

That's how I'm thinking bud and surely as Jack commented on hibs are an elite football club and won't splash out thousands per week on a crock and all medical tests will be done
I don't doubt that commons isn't as fit as he was two or three years ago but that doesn't mean he's finished and a crock even if he was as fit as he could be he still would struggle to get game time at sellick

From May 2017..

Kris Commons admits he could RETIRE as he contemplates next career move after leaving Celtic

The 33-year-old has been linked with a move to Hibs – where he spent a month on loan between December and January.

But he told BBC Scotland he is considering hanging up his boots.

He said: “I’ll reflect on what has been and what is next going forward.

“I haven’t been fit enough to play.

“I get to a half decent level of fitness then I have to take a step back.

“I had a good stint at training October, November, December, went on loan to Hibs, but as soon as I came back that’s when I started feeling the back again.

“It’s a very niggly injury that has caused me a lot of problems over the year.

“I still feel I’ve got a little bit in me if I can get to a good level of fitness, but I’ve not been able to get to that top level to get into this team.”

“There are plenty of options out there and that’s not just football. It’s the other side as well, coaching, media. There’s plenty of doors open.

If he doesn't think he is going to be fit enough to play a real part why would we consider wasting money on him. I don't get it :dunno:

From May 2017..

Kris Commons admits he could RETIRE as he contemplates next career move after leaving Celtic

The 33-year-old has been linked with a move to Hibs – where he spent a month on loan between December and January.

“I had a good stint at training October, November, December, went on loan to Hibs, but as soon as I came back that’s when I started feeling the back again.

“I still feel I’ve got a little bit in me if I can get to a good level of fitness, but I’ve not been able to get to that top level to get into this team.”

“There are plenty of options out there and that’s not just football. It’s the other side as well, coaching, media. There’s plenty of doors open.

If he doesn't think he is going to be fit enough to play a real part why would we consider wasting money on him. I don't get it :dunno:

This is exactly my thoughts, I find it incredulous others think a half fit Commons could do a job for Hibs. We certainly won't be in a position that will allow us to pick and choose his games. We found the Championship a chore, the SPL will require a strong fit squad with no passengers.

Don't think we can afford any passengers this season. Especially not ones taking up a decent chunk of the budget.
So it's a no from me!

From May 2017..

Didn't see that report dubbles and if it's the case then surely hibs can't afford to pay really good dough for someone who is basically doubting his own self playing again

His back problems aren't easy to resolve therefore it's a huge risk, as I said I would rather we used that money elsewhere.
If his back problems where that much of a problem then we'd surely not be taking the risk of signing him and making him one of the highest earners at the club no?If he's to sign Lennon and the fans would be expecting him to play a good majority of the games throughout the season.If Commons proves his fitness he'd be a fantastic signing.

This is exactly my thoughts, I find it incredulous others think a half fit Commons could do a job for Hibs. We certainly won't be in a position that will allow us to pick and choose his games. We found the Championship a chore, the SPL will require a strong fit squad with no passengers.

I'm more thinking a fit Commons for at least half our games when folk say half fit!

As I said earlier the club will have it sussed before the contract is typed up so if we sign him the odds are he'll be up for it and the club will get value for money.

I'm more thinking a fit Commons for at least half our games when folk say half fit!

As I said earlier the club will have it sussed before the contract is typed up so if we sign him the odds are he'll be up for it and the club will get value for money.

For me, it smacks too much of "jobs for the boys" which - I may be wrong - doesn't sound like the best fit for the structured approach Ms Dempster et al introduced.

Sounds like a good plan with a few of the development squad ready to make the breakthrough into the 1st team. Having model professionals like Whittaker, Ambrose and Commons around is a great asset snd balance to have around.

He was offered a coaching role only at Celtic but wasn't sure about hanging up boots just yet. He has taken some time to reflect on this and doesn't seem the type to try and grab a last pay day knowing he's not up for it. Not a bad idea nor a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not for me, good player no doubt at all.
But in his position, fitness wise, we should not entertain the deal. I would rather play F Murray.

But in his position, fitness wise, we should not entertain the deal. I would rather play F Murray.

This is where I am

For the amount of money we will pay I'm confident Commons wouldn't play on if he felt he couldn't contribute. And I don't think Lennon would use part of his budget on a player who couldn't contribute. If this happens as I hope it does then fantastic.

Aye, me too. If Commons want's to come and be a coach then great, and as good as he was during his stint last season I'm not so so sure he's got the pace and mobility for the SPL.

He's tweeted someone today saying he is recovering from minor back surgery but will be getting the left peg out soon. Perhaps explains why all quiet on that front? Hopefully that's him had whatever was causing him a problem cleared up!

Picture of him in sun today after his op so safe to say with his lack of action prior to the op that he wouldn't be ready to play within a month and more likely into September surely??

Get him in. Training, fit, then sign him as a free agent later
Hope he doesn't fuck off in the process, he has enough money to look after himself while we help him along.

Get him in. Training, fit, then sign him as a free agent later
Hope he doesn't $#@! off in the process, he has enough money to look after himself while we help him along.

Get a bit free coaching and tutoring for the young lads as well whilst we let him use the facilities

Will sign as soon as he's fit

Signing for us as soon as he is fit.

Source the player on Stv

This thread has been viewed 6504 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back