Commons

SKII

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
He had a back operation this week. He and Lennon have agreed he will rejoin us if he gets fit again.

Greenmachine

Haven't seen the interview but here's my tuppence worth:

Kris Commons is a terrific player and if fully fit would be a big asset for us in our first season back. An experienced goalscoring midfielder who has played at a high level. Why then am I so unconvinced about all of this ? First of all there is the vagueness of it all. He has stated apparently that he will sign for Hibs if he gets fit. This implies that there is a chance he may never be fit again to play football. Back surgery is a serious and complicated procedure and things must have been bad because most doctors and surgeons are reluctant to operate on a back unless they absolutely have to. The other thing is when is he going to be fit again ?...he not only needs to recover properly from the op he then needs to get himself fit to play top level football then play a few games to get some sharpness back. He hasn't played a competitive game since he left Hibs in January.

I really hope Lennon is not holding back on what would be a considerable wage for a player like Commons to see if and when the guy is able to play for us..to the detriment of possibly signing other players who could come in straight away and who are fit and hungry to play.

Don't want to sound a doom and gloomer on all this...I rate Commons highly..I just can't help having some real doubts about this one.

Jack

Haven't seen the interview but here's my tuppence worth:

Kris Commons is a terrific player and if fully fit would be a big asset for us in our first season back. An experienced goalscoring midfielder who has played at a high level. Why then am I so unconvinced about all of this ? First of all there is the vagueness of it all. He has stated apparently that he will sign for Hibs if he gets fit. This implies that there is a chance he may never be fit again to play football. Back surgery is a serious and complicated procedure and things must have been bad because most doctors and surgeons are reluctant to operate on a back unless they absolutely have to. The other thing is when is he going to be fit again ?...he not only needs to recover properly from the op he then needs to get himself fit to play top level football then play a few games to get some sharpness back. He hasn't played a competitive game since he left Hibs in January.

I really hope Lennon is not holding back on what would be a considerable wage for a player like Commons to see if and when the guy is able to play for us..to the detriment of possibly signing other players who could come in straight away and who are fit and hungry to play.

Don't want to sound a doom and gloomer on all this...I rate Commons highly..I just can't help having some real doubts about this one.

I understand your concern.

But he's not going to sign till he's fit. Costs us nothing.

It's been suggested on here it's two grand a week and one grand appearance money. When he's fit.

I'd say that was a bargain for a player of his ability. And nowt if he doesn't play.

I can't see we've got that much to lose.

SKII

Just seen the full interview and it's clear he's not interested in mucking us about. He also said the stitches seen on social media are already out. He's moved into film production which was the main reason why he was on the show. So we are not going to be his main source of income.

Jack

Just seen the full interview and it's clear he's not interested in mucking us about. He also said the stitches seen on social media are already out. He's moved into film production which was the main reason why he was on the show. So we are not going to be his main source of income.

Sounds like he's a friend of Jimmy Carr!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £10.00

Unread Posts