Commons

NW

Just A Radge
Would fans take Commons back as a player coach ? The player part of the contract being pay as you play?

The Family

Capital Radge
Would fans take Commons back as a player coach ? The player part of the contract being pay as you play?

Sorry his back problems would be a massive concern as I would much rather put his wages onto someone younger with no injuries.

NW

Just A Radge
I agree family, all I was told Is that Commons is keen.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we need another coach??? Seem to be ok.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
He wouldn't really be a coach though would he? He'd be earning his badges while at Hibs I'm assuming?

He does however have a few tricks he could teach some of the lads though, seems pretty professional in what little I honestly know about him, freekicks are helpful and I think we could nurse him through a season if he's struggling. He managed to survive his short spell here but immediately got injured returning to Celtic I think?

Coach or no coach, if he isn't getting paid when he's not playing it's not a bad deal. I don't think these contracts actually exist though do they? It'll be a basic salary with proper bonuses instead I'd guess? A good player on his day but I agree there's younger players out there that can play week in week out and grow into a player with gametime. He's not gonna get any better and the likelihood of missing a huge part of the season is a serious risk... The chances of us signing him and then nobody proper to replace him during any spells on the sidelines would be a worry for me too.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Yes, I would take Commons as long as he was deemed fit enough to play most of our games. IMO we need experience in our midfield and he certainly would provide this. a top player who has played at a high level and scored goals from midfield regularly.

The Family

Capital Radge
Yes, I would take Commons as long as he was deemed fit enough to play most of our games. IMO we need experience in our midfield and he certainly would provide this. a top player who has played at a high level and scored goals from midfield regularly.

His back problems aren't easy to resolve therefore it's a huge risk, as I said I would rather we used that money elsewhere.

Jack

I think it depends on how much we're paying him.

A holding on to a draw/win at the end of a match or using his experience setting the tone in the first half could be a season maker.

On the other hand as the commensurate professional he is he might stroll through a whole game with ease.

NW

Just A Radge
Hearing 2k per week basic inc coaching, 1k per week appearance fee

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

No thanks. He himself stated that his playing days look to be all but over due to injury. If he has his coaching badges and is better than what we have in that role then aye but if it's a final payday for one of NL's chums then no.

NW

Just A Radge
My worry is, what can he offer as a coach and do we need one and if so is he the best we can get?

Jack

I reckon that's pretty good value for a player of his calibre. I'm fairly sure that wouldn't even put him in among our highest paid players. It might be the equivalent if he only played a handful of games but I suppose that's a chance you take with any player.

Hibs are an elite football club. Once he's taken the medical the club will make the best decision for the club.

Greenmachine

We don’t need yet another midfielder who is going to be unreliable because of injury.

That's my big concern as well, although I'm sure Hibs will have done a complete fitness assessment of him before considering offering him a deal. As I have said before, a fit Kris Commons would be a huge asset for Hibs. An experienced top level pro who can score goals from midfield.

The Family

Capital Radge

Not for me as we don't really need another coach and due to his back problems we are wasting money where we could get a fully fit player for the same money.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Why would Hibs give him a coaching role? If he has shown potential in that area why would not Celtic offer him a role?

I dont doubt his his quality on the park however I can't see him being on the park too much now and there in lies the major problem for me. A half fit Commons still had enough quality to make an impact for us in the Championship, there is no way he would get away with that in the SPL.

I just cant see any immediate or long term benefits in Hibs signing Commons, we also need to concentrate on signing players who can contribute and offer quality immediately to the side, imo

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
I really hope Hibs land him. Commons has a lot of quality and experience to bring. he is also a goal threat and expert dead ball taker. He had an outstanding month with us last season after everyone doubted his lack of fitness and particularly match fitness. How many games would he really be expected to play anyway with the trend for squad rotation these days.

Bottom line: Commons is of a quality higher than most of the Hibs squad - these are the type of players that will raise standards. Get him in.