• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Club Update | Pay Per View

Hibernian FC

RSS Feed
Reaction score
CLUB UPDATE | PAY PER VIEW

We are pleased to announce that we will show selected home games to Hibernian supporters on a pay per view basis but would stress again that the only way to be guaranteed to see every kick of the ball at Easter Road is through a season ticket.

The fantastic backing shown by the 10,500-plus supporters who have so far committed to a season ticket has given the club the confidence to strengthen the squad through bringing in Alex Gogic, Drey Wright and Kevin Nisbet.

We couldn’t be more grateful for the loyalty and support shown by each one during such uncertain times, and for that reason we have decided we should protect the value for our season ticket holders.

However, we also want to give all those other supporters who genuinely feel unable to commit to a season ticket – and we know this is a difficult time for many - the opportunity to see the team, and we are currently working up a programme to deliver a fantastic live Hibs TV match ticket experience until we can welcome all our supporters back into Easter Road.

To strike the right balance, we’ve taken the decision not to open Saturday’s game against Kilmarnock on a pay per view basis.

The two home games that follow, against Motherwell and Aberdeen, have been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports – which means we are unable to offer pay per view as part of the agreement with our broadcast partners – and there is every chance the same will apply to the one that follows immediately against Rangers but there will be pay per view opportunities following that.

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said: “Season ticket income is vital to the health of Hibernian and we want to protect the value of those packages, recognising the commitment made by those who have already signed up.

“We also want to give all of our fans the chance to see the team, and we will make selected games available throughout the season. And until we get fans back into the stadium we have worked hard to ensure that the live Hibs TV coverage we offer will be as good as any offered in Scotland.”

Until it’s safe to get fans back, supporters have three options.

For those who are in a position to take advantage of them, our range of season ticket packages – outlined here, including our finance plan option – offer a host of benefits, not least the guarantee that you will be able to see every kick of the ball at Easter Road, whether it’s in person when the time comes or, initially, via free membership to an enhanced Hibs TV service.

We have our domestic Hibs TV subscription, which gives you the chance to enjoy live audio of our games with chief commentator Cliff Pike and our new signing, Tam McManus, plus the opportunity to watch every game back in full at a time of your choosing in addition to a raft of exclusive, fresh behind-the-scenes content from the Hibernian Training Centre.

Alternatively, supporters can wait for those games that will be available on a pay per view basis.

We are grateful for your continued patience and backing and we want as many of you as possible to be part of what we’re doing and where we’re going.

To find out more about our range of season ticket packages – including our finance option – click here.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seemed like a fair few folk asking for this on social media so a good move by the club

No PPV first 3 home games (2 and 3 are on Sky) so last effort to squeeze some more ST sales before the season starts.

I agree with this approach.

"To strike the right balance, we’ve taken the decision not to open Saturday’s game against Kilmarnock on a pay per view basis."
Killie fans want to watch this, why would Hibs turn down the chance to make some money? I would be gutted if the shoe was on the other foot.

what if i cannae afford a season ticket, but, say, i got paid this thursday and could afford to treat myself to pay the cost of a ticket, sort of what potentially thousands of hibbies wd be doing as a walk up on sat?

How does me doing the above devalue the season ticket ?

Have they told us how to log on yet ?

Is it possible to watch Hibs tv on your telly or will it be tablet / laptop only ??

no not yet

Is it possible to watch Hibs tv on your telly or will it be tablet / laptop only ??
I've watched it on telly via Chromecast before, I assume that will still be possible.

Not yet - as called by Forza - hoping for straightforward instructions with guides to be shared - tomorrow would be ideal.
Soon as any info is cascaded it’ll be up here on the Bounce ✅

What about international subscribers - the price continues to rise for our subscription but not seeing any mention here of if we can watch - or any real value in the quite honestly ridiculous prices.

What about international subscribers - the price continues to rise for our subscription but not seeing any mention here of if we can watch - or any real value in the quite honestly ridiculous prices.

International get to watch the lot, home and away.
Good result for them even with the price increase.

International get to watch the lot, home and away.
Good result for them even with the price increase.

Probably better weather too.
Lucky bastards.

Just going to ask the same. Would much rather watch it on my TV.

International subscribers are all set. EA2007 covers off the main improvement for overseas - An added benefit this time is International subscribers – for the first time – have access to every top-flight stadium (home and away live), with commentary from Cliff and Tam. Previously selected stadiums depending on infrastructure.

The club has invested heavily to revamp the quality and production of Hibs TV, now and for the future - I won’t be expecting a drop in stream quality once a return to fans at games happens in light of any price increase.

Last edited:
I'll back the club

Good decision imo

I hook up my laptop to HDMI for the telly

Just going to ask the same. Would much rather watch it on my TV.

I’ve been looking at what other clubs have been releasing today and taking a selection of the best - noted below - awaiting Hibs instructions and I’ll try and follow it up with any support I can ✅

Can I access the Live Broadcast on more than one device at the same time?
No. You CANNOT watch the Live Broadcast on more than one device at any one time. If you sign into an additional device while logged in on another, you will automatically be logged out of the first device. Likewise, if you share your details and someone tries to login at the same time as you, it will end your Live Broadcast.
IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THE MATCH UNINTERRUPTED, PLEASE KEEP YOUR PASSWORD SAFE AND DO NOT SHARE THESE DETAILS AS IT WILL AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO VIEW THE MATCHES.

What devices will this work on?
Desktop computers & laptops: You can watch the Live Broadcast on an up to date desktop or laptop computer (PC or Mac). You must make sure your browser is up to date and has JavaScript enabled too (most browsers update automatically). Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox are recommended although other browsersmay work but are unsupported.
Apple iPads and iPhones: You must have iOS 11.3 or higher installed and you must use Safari to watch the Live Broadcast on Apple devices.
Android devices: The Live Broadcast also works on most modern and up to date Android devices, including tablets, smartphones and Smart TVs.

Can I watch it on a TV Channel?
No. The Live Broadcast will NOT BE available throughany Freeview, cable or satellite TV channel in the UK or any other country.

Do I need a SKY subscription to watch the Live Broadcast?
No.

Can I screenshare the Live Broadcast to my Smart TV?
Yes. You should be able to screenshare the Live Broadcast to compatible Smart TVs using an app such as Chromecast or Apple Airplay.

Which devices are NOT supported?
We do not support gaming consoles, including X-Boxes and Playstations.

Can I watch the Live Broadcast if my internet connection is slow?
The quality of the Live Broadcast stream will be dependent on the bandwidth and speed of your internet connection. For the best possible experience we recommend using
an internet speed of at least 5Mbps (please check with your internet provider).
It can help to close other tabs, browsers, and programs while streaming your content. It may also help to hardwire your internet connection, instead of using a wireless network connection.

What do I do if I am having problems with my Live Broadcast Stream on a matchday?
There will be a support team in place on a matchday to help with any enquiries. (KP - this will be Stream Digital and can be contacted on support@hibernianfc.co.uk).

every game live - don't think the price is that bad considering

This content was good too - The idiots guide to SPFL Streaming

Reactions: Dub
Probably better weather too.
Lucky bastards.

No Tkraz, he works for Antartic Survey.

No Tkraz, he works for Antartic Survey.

About the same then. Fair enough.

Arent Hibs turning down the chance here of an easy £60,000 by not streaming the opening game to pay per view fans.??

This excuse of protecting the season tickets holders or hoping to flog a handful more season tickets by Saturday seems a bit flimsy?.

There is a potential market of 10,000 people wanting to see this game on pay per view being Hibs walk up fans and lapsed season tickets holders plus Kilmarnock fans and if just 3,000 of that number streamed in at £20 then that's £60,000 income.

The fixtures fall in our favor until October but is there not a possibility Hibs can't yet handle the administration or maybe the volume as with 4 days to go they and they haven't yet organised the main bulk of 10,500 seasons tickets holders with either passwords or test events.?.

Dempster and technology has a chequered history but you would have thought "Sleepy Ron" would be more on the ball than this.?

Last edited:
If your phone and telly have screen mirroring you can watch it on the tv that way, that's what I will be attempting

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The fixtures fall in our favor until October but is there not a possibility Hibs can't yet handle the administration or maybe the volume as with 4 days to go they and they haven't yet organised the main bulk of 10,500 seasons tickets holders with either passwords or test events.
First time I read the original club release, that's exactly how it read:

"Gie's a break we just got home games more or less sorted, niw we'll be needin' another month at least to get the away stuff organised wi a' they bams fae other teams!"

So walk up fans are unable watch the home opener against Kilmarnock ?

Season tixcket holders can, and international Hibs TV subscribers can.?

Is that correct?

So walk up fans are unable watch the home opener against Kilmarnock ?

Season tixcket holders can, and international Hibs TV subscribers can.?

Is that correct?

Seems so.

Seems so.
Thanks for reply M....

Seems daft from Hibernian. I should have been able to log in and pay eg 20 blabs to watch the game. Id wager there would have been a good few thousand walk ups to ER this saturday, and a good proportion would have done a pay per view.

The system will have been load tested and the extra wouldnt have made a difference from that side of things. In 2020 it shouldnt have been that difficult (at all) to have this in place.

Hibernian wasnae founded for those with privelage.

I would certainly be interested in a "walk option" for at least some games over the season. With a young family and a new job the International Plan is still a bit too much in one go for me. Maybe in years to come I can plan for it and hopefully be able to push to it. I would presume that the pay per view is likely to mirror the cost of a home match day ticket?

Thanks for reply M....

Seems daft from Hibernian. I should have been able to log in and pay eg 20 blabs to watch the game. Id wager there would have been a good few thousand walk ups to ER this saturday, and a good proportion would have done a pay per view.

The system will have been load tested and the extra wouldnt have made a difference from that side of things. In 2020 it shouldnt have been that difficult (at all) to have this in place.

Hibernian wasnae founded for those with privelage.

I agree, the seem to be missing a decent opportunity to secure extra income whilst catering for another important part of the Hibs support. What they cannae stop is folk going round to their season ticket holding mates house to watch the game, I expect lots of people are planning just that?

I would certainly be interested in a "walk option" for at least some games over the season. With a young family and a new job the International Plan is still a bit too much in one go for me. Maybe in years to come I can plan for it and hopefully be able to push to it. I would presume that the pay per view is likely to mirror the cost of a home match day ticket?
International Monthly is 18 quid a month. For every game.
1 walk up game will probably cost more than that.
You don't have to pay for the year in one go.

I agree, the seem to be missing a decent opportunity to secure extra income whilst catering for another important part of the Hibs support. What they cannae stop is folk going round to their season ticket holding mates house to watch the game, I expect lots of people are planning just that?
yes, I think loads of those walk up supporters will simply go to a Season Ticket holding mates house and watch it there... shame they have to, rather than just giving the cabbage straight cash. There would have been a "good" kilmarnock support with it being the opener... tho' I presume there is something set up for them.... I believe Livingston have it in place for their fans to PPV.

Sluggish from Hibs... and a wee bit daft imo, bearing in mind how often we are bombarded with how skint our club is.

Have no fear radges, Hibernian FC will not be losing out on the Emerald pound. I will be commencing my DD for HSL when I am paid at the end of this 5 week month.

This thread has been viewed 2745 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back