Club Announcement at 2

Dudge97

New radge
I’m with Smurf. Whilst I think our fanbase can be amongst the most torn faced of all football clubs worldwide sometimes, our social media presence of late has been embarrassing to say the least. Starting with, in my opinion, the cringiest piece of marketing ever seen in Scottish football with the Malaprop Sisters season ticket video, it appears our Twitter account has been taken over by a graduate of The University of Norwich, who has previously tweeted about his nan beating Scotland at the Euros and has prior experience of working with the LadBible etc. The posts of condolence re: Prince Philip only cemented that annoyance and if Hibs want fans onboard, something as simple as the running of social media accounts should be at least in the hands of someone who has a rapport with the fans and what the club represents.

Zab

Admin
I’m with Smurf. Whilst I think our fanbase can be amongst the most torn faced of all football clubs worldwide sometimes, our social media presence of late has been embarrassing to say the least. Starting with, in my opinion, the cringiest piece of marketing ever seen in Scottish football with the Malaprop Sisters season ticket video, it appears our Twitter account has been taken over by a graduate of The University of Norwich, who has previously tweeted about his nan beating Scotland at the Euros and has prior experience of working with the LadBible etc. The posts of condolence re: Prince Philip only cemented that annoyance and if Hibs want fans onboard, something as simple as the running of social media accounts should be at least in the hands of someone who has a rapport with the fans and what the club represents.

I think Hibs have tried to jump onto a trend of “banter” club accounts, for me it doesn’t work.

I’d be quite happy if the social media accounts stuck to news stories, interviews, features (like the stuff we used to, Fontaine of knowledge etc.) and marketing. And of course a wee bit exuberance after a but result. Leave the forced banter behind.

le Deej

New radge
I think Hibs have tried to jump onto a trend of “banter” club accounts, for me it doesn’t work.

I’d be quite happy if the social media accounts stuck to news stories, interviews, features (like the stuff we used to, Fontaine of knowledge etc.) and marketing. And of course a wee bit exuberance after a but result. Leave the forced banter behind.
Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss and generally I'm okay with it whatever. Apart from the time they let the unpaid summer intern loose with ThisIsOurHashtag. Nearly bounced my phone off the wall.

Reactions: Zab
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here