• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Match Updates!: Celtic 3 v 0 Hibs

Very poor 2nd half performance. Zero shots on target in the match isn't a great stat. Dust ourselves down and get ready for Hamilton on Friday night. Well beaten today unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Chasing shadows. Passing was awful in first half. Shooting was snatched.

It was like they had 3 extra players , we cant keep the ball even when under little pressure

Can't say I ever get too down about these games away to the Uglies. Haven't been terrible, just not on the same level
Aye they both have better players than us so I'm just glad we managed to get a point last weekend playing at home, hopefully learn a few lessons today before we play them at ER
Certainly laying fingers on now newell and mcginn picking up needless bookings.
That's daft from the both of them, can't afford to have anyone accumulating bookings and getting banned at any stage of the season

Disappointing stuff. Back to the two horse race with us trying to make it as best of the rest it seems. We played some good stuff at times in the first half but the defending and goals conceded were really poor. We always seem to struggle against Frimpong.

Disappointing stuff. Back to the two horse race with us trying to make it as best of the rest it seems. We played some good stuff at times in the first half but the defending and goals conceded were really poor.

Our passing at times was woeful, putting ourselves under needless pressure at times, even with no Celtic players near us we gave away the ball cheaply, not once did we trouble their keeper for the whole of that 2nd half and that is poor. Not taking anything away from them as their players are at a different level from ours, but we didn’t even put up a fight, gave away stupid fouls for our own errors which resulted in cards being dished out.

Our passing at times was woeful, putting ourselves under needless pressure at times, even with no Celtic players near us we gave away the ball cheaply, not once did we trouble their keeper for the whole of that 2nd half and that is poor. Not taking anything away from them as their players are at a different level from ours, but we didn’t even put up a fight, gave away stupid fouls for our own errors which resulted in cards being dished out.
Last time I was confident of going there and doing something was when we had SJM. There's still a softness within this Hibs side. I agree that we should be putting up more of a fight.

Just be happy for the point last week as theyll be few and far between against Glasgow two.

Point last week was good. Another today was always unlikely.

Reality.

I didn't expect to win today but I didn't expect such a pasting. Very disappointing.

Pretty poor but where facing a good calibre of player, onwards and upwards.

Sounded on sportsound like we gave it a go first half and fell away second.Hardly heard Gogic name mentioned need to see it on Zitelli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't expect to win today but I didn't expect such a pasting. Very disappointing.

We had an invisible man in our midfield 3. Can’t afford that against Celtc. We need that new midfielder in pronto as it would have made a difference today.

First half we had plenty of the ball in their half but didn’t do enough with it. Second half we were sh1t and showed too much respect. Mentality change needed as that’s not a great team we played against.

I think that celtics best performance of the season typical they save it for today - we had chances but not clinical enough in front of goal first half

Just be happy for the point last week as theyll be few and far between against Glasgow two.

Point last week was good. Another today was always unlikely.

Reality.

It was a poor performance nothing like last week, they run circles round us today and dictated the whole midfield, we had no fight in us like last week when we stopped the Huns from playing, as I said they are at different level I am just disappointed we didn’t put in the same fight as last week.

Plus side well done Lewis Stevenson who done a great job on Frimpong ?

Wright and Gogic were poor. Can't afford two misfirings in midfield when you're playing Celtc.

Wright and Gogic were poor. Can't afford two misfirings in midfield when you're playing Celtc.

All our midfield were nonexistent today.

Plus side well done Lewis Stevenson who done a great job on Frimpong ?

Lewis equalled with Eddie Turnbull for Hibs appearances today - Joint 5th - 487. He looked assured in defence when he came on, doing what he does.

Bad day at the office, couple of chances first half, missed half the second half so cannae comment on that. 1 point from the two cheeks, wisnae expecting any. NEXT!

Reactions: Boo
Lewis equalled with Eddie Turnbull for Hibs appearances today - Joint 5th - 487. He looked assured in defence when he came on, doing what he does.

It was his type of game today which young Doig will learn a lot from. We needed the experience of Lewis in there and it worked a treat when he came on.

All our midfield were nonexistent today.
I thought Newell was good. As was Murphy when he came on.

Marciano kept the score down too,couple of very good saves.

We had an invisible man in our midfield 3. Can’t afford that against Celtc. We need that new midfielder in pronto as it would have made a difference today.

First half we had plenty of the ball in their half but didn’t do enough with it. Second half we were sh1t and showed too much respect. Mentality change needed as that’s not a great team we played against.

We do have an issue connecting the forward thinking and defensive parts of our midfield. We looked very disjointed and disorganised today which is the one thing I expected us to do well.

I don't want to be too harsh on Newell though, he is far better at this than Allan or Mallan who can only go forwards and it is not his natural position.

I thought Newell was good. As was Murphy when he came on.

Newell was given the run around today, too many times he gave away the ball, trying to be too fancy it times with a back heel that goes out for a throw in, the chances he had and balloons it over the bar when all he had to do was keep his shot low, he wasn’t the only one but today he was dominated too easily. They were up against the best players in the league today and the gulf showed.

I thought Murphy done well too ?

Rocky was my MOM, some cracking saves our the score line would have been a lot worse.

It’s not the worst 3-0 I’ve seen but the second half was concerning. We seemed to change formation in some weird way that I couldn’t quite work out and we stood off them much more which is suicidal if you ask me. All it does is let Brown pull the levers from deep.

I think JR maybe thought the balls flicked over the top for on-running strikers had been our best chances and so thought to draw them in more. It backfired.

The first goal was a sickener but watching it back it’s interesting how Celtic have the quality to first pull Gogic out of position and then score in the corner from there.

Newell was given the run around today, too many times he gave away the ball, trying to be too fancy it times with a back heel that goes out for a throw in, the chances he had and balloons it over the bar when all he had to do was keep his shot low, he wasn’t the only one but today he was dominated too easily.

He was decent in the first half, bad in the second.

We played alright the first half and had our chances, but overall our midfield were chasing shadows, losing the ball or giving it away too easily.

Never seen anything, can't do Sport sound so in the dark. Lost an early goal. Let's them settle. Disappointed but no going to cry like a bairn. Move on, next.

Same as the rest, no point picking one or the other.
Onto the next, all that matters now.
We weren't bad, we couldve had something out of the first half.
We gave up the second half. That's a habit we can't allow to set in though.

Very poor and never really laid a glove on them.It looked like some of the team shit themselves.I did not expect much but I did expect team to put up a fight.

So last week and this week are prime examples of what team might turn up at the semi final. It better be the team from last week!! Swear to god ill be raging if they put in a performance like that

So last week and this week are prime examples of what team might turn up at the semi final. It better be the team from last week!! Swear to god ill be raging if they put in a performance like that

We need more quality mate.

Same as the rest, no point picking one or the other.
Onto the next, all that matters now.
We weren't bad, we couldve had something out of the first half.
We gave up the second half. That's a habit we can't allow to set in though.

Sure, I agree, I was defending him somewhat. It’s not true that our midfield was “nonexistent” for the entire game, some of them played reasonably well in parts, particularly before HT.

This thread has been viewed 5678 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50