Cars Electrics

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Was sort of relevant to the Electric cars thread but my diesel car has, like most modern cars, way to much gadgetry and reliance on technology.

Today it caused an accident by deciding to emergency stop, out of the blue for no reason.

Fortunately no-one hurt and my no claims is intact but it's made me question the move towards computers taking over more of the driving. I used the ACC a fair bit on it and always found it good but will probably be more wary of that sort of tech in future.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Our Merc Sprinter vans have that crash detection, but they're waaaay too sensitive, I was turning a corner and there were bollards on the kerb, nowhere near them but it slammed me to a halt.

Stupid fuckin thing

Turned the sensitivity down.

Admin
My Diesel Audi used to stall randomly, and was related to the start stop system. One new sensor and only using non supermarket fuel has stopped it happening since.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
@Purple & Green @Smurf do your cars have auxiliary batteries as they usually control things like cruise control , start / stop etc . A faulty one can give out some strange issues
No idea, I'm clueless with cars.

I had the problem with a Diesel Ford, randomly cutting out, and ended up getting towed home.

No engine management lights, no warning. When Ford plugged the diagnostic in, they got an error code that something was faulty - wish I could remember what it was - but it turned out it was just the sensor that was faulty.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
No idea, I'm clueless with cars.

I had the problem with a Diesel Ford, randomly cutting out, and ended up getting towed home.

No engine management lights, no warning. When Ford plugged the diagnostic in, they got an error code that something was faulty - wish I could remember what it was - but it turned out it was just the sensor that was faulty.

Exhaust pressure sensor most likely if it was that easy a fix.
Attaches to the EGR valve.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here