• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Carer advice

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice/help finding carer/s for my dad. Had an op recently and recovered well, but he's stuck in the Western until I can sort out carers a few times a day for him. Council don't have any capacity so it's down to me to find people. Anyone know/work for a firm offering home care?...

Looking for some advice/help finding carer/s for my dad. Had an op recently and recovered well, but he's stuck in the Western until I can sort out carers a few times a day for him. Council don't have any capacity so it's down to me to find people. Anyone know/work for a firm offering home care?...

My old uncle done something will similar recently, will see if I can find out M.

My missus does this Mark, she said tae try Social Care Direct. They are at Captains Road.

Thanks lads

My ex is an OT. if you need anything down that line, I could see if she could help in any way. Or at least advise..

Cheers

Thanks lads
My uncle managed to get NHS help it turns out. Has to buy his own stairlift as the waiting list was so long.

My ex is an OT. if you need anything down that line, I could see if she could help in any way. Or at least advise..

Cheers
Thanks mate, that’s very good of you to offer

Old boy in my street has carers in 3 times a day will speak to them next day or two

Hi mate
I run a care company and can tell you very few companies have spare staff capacity at the moment. Has your dad been given a social worker? The SW should be looking for a care package for you.
Try LCIL (they're based next to ER), they might be able to point out personal assistants in your dads area.
Wee bit advice, try to be as flexible as possible with times.
I'll pm you my number, feel free to give me a call (although not tomorrow morning) if I can help I will.
Cheers

Hi mate
I run a care company and can tell you very few companies have spare staff capacity at the moment. Has your dad been given a social worker? The SW should be looking for a care package for you.
Try LCIL (they're based next to ER), they might be able to point out personal assistants in your dads area.
Wee bit advice, try to be as flexible as possible with times.
I'll pm you my number, feel free to give me a call (although not tomorrow morning) if I can help I will.
Cheers
Brilliant mate. SW have given me funding for 45/30/30 minutes each day, I just need to find the carers, which I know will be an issue. My wife uses LCIL for her sister so I know them, will get in touch. Don’t suppose you’ve got any capacity available?!

Brilliant mate. SW have given me funding for 45/30/30 minutes each day, I just need to find the carers, which I know will be an issue. My wife uses LCIL for her sister so I know them, will get in touch. Don’t suppose you’ve got any capacity available?!
Doubtful buddy, we're really stretched right now, sorry.
I've pm you.

There's a place called the Carers Hub at the bottom of Leith Walk which is meant for home Carers themselves, but I'm sure if you popped in and asked they'd be able to give you some info.

Whether private or public you do not have to be involved personally, which I am with my 89 year old mother, to know that the whole sector has been and as far that I can see universally neglected, and will not be supported adequately, financially in the foreseeable future. It is one of the most important issues in my opinion but one of the most neglected. Loads of political talk, very little walk.

BIG G

Last edited:
Doubtful buddy, we're really stretched right now, sorry.
I've pm you.
Got your one bud but I can’t reply, will give you a shout later if ok?

Got your one bud but I can’t reply, will give you a shout later if ok?
Aye, thats fine. I've a busy day but should be free anytime after 4pm. If it goes to voicemail, leave a message and I'll get back to you.
Cheers

This thread has been viewed 756 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50