Carer advice

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Looking for some advice/help finding carer/s for my dad. Had an op recently and recovered well, but he's stuck in the Western until I can sort out carers a few times a day for him. Council don't have any capacity so it's down to me to find people. Anyone know/work for a firm offering home care?...

Admin
Looking for some advice/help finding carer/s for my dad. Had an op recently and recovered well, but he's stuck in the Western until I can sort out carers a few times a day for him. Council don't have any capacity so it's down to me to find people. Anyone know/work for a firm offering home care?...

My old uncle done something will similar recently, will see if I can find out M.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
My missus does this Mark, she said tae try Social Care Direct. They are at Captains Road.

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Hi mate
I run a care company and can tell you very few companies have spare staff capacity at the moment. Has your dad been given a social worker? The SW should be looking for a care package for you.
Try LCIL (they're based next to ER), they might be able to point out personal assistants in your dads area.
Wee bit advice, try to be as flexible as possible with times.
I'll pm you my number, feel free to give me a call (although not tomorrow morning) if I can help I will.
Cheers

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Hi mate
I run a care company and can tell you very few companies have spare staff capacity at the moment. Has your dad been given a social worker? The SW should be looking for a care package for you.
Try LCIL (they're based next to ER), they might be able to point out personal assistants in your dads area.
Wee bit advice, try to be as flexible as possible with times.
I'll pm you my number, feel free to give me a call (although not tomorrow morning) if I can help I will.
Cheers
Brilliant mate. SW have given me funding for 45/30/30 minutes each day, I just need to find the carers, which I know will be an issue. My wife uses LCIL for her sister so I know them, will get in touch. Don’t suppose you’ve got any capacity available?!

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Brilliant mate. SW have given me funding for 45/30/30 minutes each day, I just need to find the carers, which I know will be an issue. My wife uses LCIL for her sister so I know them, will get in touch. Don’t suppose you’ve got any capacity available?!
Doubtful buddy, we're really stretched right now, sorry.
I've pm you.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
There's a place called the Carers Hub at the bottom of Leith Walk which is meant for home Carers themselves, but I'm sure if you popped in and asked they'd be able to give you some info.

Whether private or public you do not have to be involved personally, which I am with my 89 year old mother, to know that the whole sector has been and as far that I can see universally neglected, and will not be supported adequately, financially in the foreseeable future. It is one of the most important issues in my opinion but one of the most neglected. Loads of political talk, very little walk.

BIG G

Last edited:
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here