• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Can we challenge near the top this season?

Gogic, Wright, Nisbet, Docherty, O’Donnell and another keeper would certainly have us in the top 4.

I’d let Dabrowski be the no. 2 mate saves us having to go and look for another keeper IMO. A wage that could be spent elsewhere!

Need a few more signings, currently think the midfield are weak and we don't have a consistent goalscoring striker, maybe a LB too.

I’d let Dabrowski be the no. 2 mate saves us having to go and look for another keeper IMO. A wage that could be spent elsewhere!

Would be a risk especially if Rocky was to get injured, if the Smellies get in another keeper I would go for Bain or the St Mirren keeper. Have you seen Dabrowski do you think he is ready for the first team?

Would be a risk especially if Rocky was to get injured, if the Smellies get in another keeper I would go for Bain or the St Mirren keeper. Have you seen Dabrowski do you think he is ready for the first team?

Bain can go fuck himself, I had a meltdown on here because of him haha!

Dabrowski, by all accounts is a good keeper. You hardly ever hear of young keepers being shown the confidence to let them play.
I say we don't worry too much and let him be backup. He has to move upwards at some point.

Need a few more signings, currently think the midfield are weak and we don't have a consistent goalscoring striker, maybe a LB too.

We’ve just signed Nisbet and already have Doidge, both are surely considered consistent goal scorers?

Agree we need one more midfielder.

Not sure about left back, Stevenson seemed to be on the decline last season, but we have two young players in Mackie & Doig who deserve a proper chance.

We’ve got to remember the context of what’s going on financially, can only see us signing absolutely key players.

Think we’ll bring in 1 or 2 more at the most.

Hibs made three very good signings yesterday and i'm sure they will all have been checked out for months before we went ahead with them. We have been trying to get Nisbet for a long time. To be honest I was really surprised we managed to get all three and it must have cost a fair amount of money in transfer fees and signing on fees. None of those players will be getting paid more than the current players are. Given the chairman's statement last month I anticipated a few fairly underwhelming additions just to tick us over, but the club have shown real intent for the season ahead. I expect a few players leaving and unfortunately I think Martin Boyle will be one of them.

I wonder if we will make any more additions ? The obvious one is Docherty for Kamberi, but I am not really anticipating this happening though I hope I am wrong. I worry a bit about our rather creaking back four and to be honest we could do with bringing in a full-back or a central defender. I also think we could do with an older heid in midfield. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen McGinn (who has been training with us) was brought in for about a year. He was Ross's captain at St Mirren when they won the Championship and we need some real leaders in the team IMO.

Hibs made three very good signings yesterday and i'm sure they will all have been checked out for months before we went ahead with them. We have been trying to get Nisbet for a long time. To be honest I was really surprised we managed to get all three and it must have cost a fair amount of money in transfer fees and signing on fees. None of those players will be getting paid more than the current players are. Given the chairman's statement last month I anticipated a few fairly underwhelming additions just to tick us over, but the club have shown real intent for the season ahead. I expect a few players leaving and unfortunately I think Martin Boyle will be one of them.

I wonder if we will make any more additions ? The obvious one is Docherty for Kamberi, but I am not really anticipating this happening though I hope I am wrong. I worry a bit about our rather creaking back four and to be honest we could do with bringing in a full-back or a central defender. I also think we could do with an older heid in midfield. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen McGinn was brought in for about a year. He was Ross's captain at St Mirren when they won the Championship and we need some real leaders in the team IMO.

The chat is two deals being worked on as coming in, 1 Docherty & 2 O’Donnell ??

We’ve just signed Nisbet and already have Doidge, both are surely considered consistent goal scorers?

Not sure about left back, Stevenson seemed to be on the decline last season, but we have two young players in Mackie & Doig who deserve a proper chance.

We’ve got to remember the context of what’s

We’ve got to remember the context of what’s going on financially, can only see us signing absolutely key players.

Think we’ll bring in 1 or 2 more at the most.
Hopefully get Docherty for that midfield position but not keen on just a loan would obviously rather it was permanent, Mickie got a chance at Dundee and did OK I think he really needs to prove he's good enough at this level next season. Like you I'd expect probably 2 more at the most anymore would be a bonus

Hopefully get Docherty for that midfield position but not keen on just a loan would obviously rather it was permanent, Mickie got a chance at Dundee and did OK I think he really needs to prove he's good enough at this level next season. Like you I'd expect probably 2 more at the most anymore would be a bonus

Agree mate Docherty on a permanent would be superb, not keen on a loan deal either.

I’d like to see Mackie get a proper chance at Hibs - so far he looked decent under Lennon and shaky under Heckingbottom - while playing in a pretty shite Dundee team probably didn’t do him any favours. A good run in a confident Hibs side and we’ll see what he’s got.

The chat is two deals being worked on as coming in, 1 Docherty & 2 O’Donnell ??

O’Donnell is a cracking player and would be another good addition.

Wonder what that means for Gray? McGinn is a bit of a utility player so can presumably fill in across the back line, but he’s primarily a right back as well.

I'm assuming, by the lack of comment, that the Squirrel has not been absent from training of late? i.e going for medicals anywhere.

And what's happening with the wannabe hun? Where's he been training?

I'm assuming, by the lack of comment, that the Squirrel has not been absent from training of late? i.e going for medicals anywhere.

And what's happening with the wannabe hun? Where's he been training?

Boyle’s been pictured in training, and Nisbet was asked what it was like meeting him... so I’m taking from that there’s no move on the immediate horizon.

No sure about Kamberi, but hopefully he’ll be out the door soon.

Hopefully Ross will abandon playing 2 defensive midfielders in front of the back 4 now we have Gogic. That was eye bleeding to watch last season. Hallberg, Newell, Allan, Murray would give us midfield options further up the pitch. Mallan and Horgan probably surplus to requirements.

As Greenmachine mentioned earlier its our creaky old defence that worries me most.

Anyone else feel like the team is still really unbalanced if we play with Allan?
We have to switch everything around to fit him in?
Great talent but think he needs a very specific formation and team around him to really get the best. Just a thought.

Reactions: Zab
4-1-3-2 (DIAMOND)
MARCIANO
MGINN JACKSON PORTO STEVENSON
GOGIC
ALLAN NEWELL
HORGAN
NESBIT. DOIDGE

Based on Boyle being sold

For me horgan is a more central player and should be given a chance there

Plenty of attacking threat in that team and definetly good enough to get 4th even 3rd as I think we have better players than dons but maybe I'm biased
Thoughts?
GLORY GLORY

Doidge?

Hopefully Ross will abandon playing 2 defensive midfielders in front of the back 4 now we have Gogic. That was eye bleeding to watch last season. Hallberg, Newell, Allan, Murray would give us midfield options further up the pitch. Mallan and Horgan probably surplus to requirements.

As Greenmachine mentioned earlier its our creaky old defence that worries me most.
I think hallberg could still be a player for us although I don't know what his natural or favoured position is .

Anyone else feel like the team is still really unbalanced if we play with Allan?
We have to switch everything around to fit him in?
Great talent but think he needs a very specific formation and team around him to really get the best. Just a thought.

I think he needs to adjust, not us.
Posted a thread a while back justifying why he should play from deeper in midfield instead of being an attacking mid.

He plays the best defence breaking passes in the league, he does them all from deep where he can see what's going on.
Drop him back, let him do his thing without running around. He could do unbelievable things.

no.

I think he needs to adjust, not us.
Posted a thread a while back justifying why he should play from deeper in midfield instead of being an attacking mid.

He plays the best defence breaking passes in the league, he does them all from deep where he can see what's going on.
Drop him back, let him do his thing without running around. He could do unbelievable things.

Totally agree with this. Bringing Gogic in might help us achieve this, we simply didn’t have the other players to make it work last season.

Allan taking the ball on the half turn and driving with it or picking a pass is a joy to watch. At times he’s wasted floating around ahead of the midfield struggling to get on the ball.

In terms of league finish
European football should be Hibs target.

Massive win for Stoke today.
If Michael O’Neill is interested in Boyle then staying in the championship would play a big part in following up with an offer. Not the easiest 3 games after today but reckon they will stay up now and much more likely to chuck a decent bid our way.

Still don’t fancy Villa to stay up even if they hold onto this HT lead. Must be a cert surely that McGinn would be sold and a windfall heading our way.

Won’t we need tae keep McCourt? Or are the players washing their own strips?

Hibs should set out to win the league at the start of every season.

Impossible to achieve, but that should be our aim otherwise what is the point in taking part in the competition ? In fact what is the point in taking part in any competition in any walk of life if right at the start you don't think you can win it ?

If we have that ambition from the start of any season and go for it, but end up as expected falling short and finishing third or fourth, we will accept that as success for us because we will have achieved European football which is what we should realistically be achieving every season. If we start out at the start of every league campaign saying we hope to finish third or fourth then the likelihood is we will end up fifth or sixth, and that would and should be seen as failure for us. Reach for the sky, that's what I say.

We should also be winning a trophy around every five or six years as far as I am concerned, however I appreciate that cup success is very much down to good luck, and in Scotland it is extremely difficult for non Old Firm teams to win trophies. We should still have won far more than we have done though.

Massive win for Stoke today.
If Michael O’Neill is interested in Boyle then staying in the championship would play a big part in following up with an offer. Not the easiest 3 games after today but reckon they will stay up now and much more likely to chuck a decent bid our way.

Still don’t fancy Villa to stay up even if they hold onto this HT lead. Must be a cert surely that McGinn would be sold and a windfall heading our way.

McGinn windfall wont be transformative. If he goes this summer he'll get £20m tops in current Covid climate. Be lucky if we end up with £4m of that once all is taken into consideration. A big chunk of money yes but it'll be used by Miser Ron to make up shortfalls. That's why I hope McGinn stays for another season at Villa, transfer prices recuperate, and any sell on income isnt used to paper over current cashflow problems. Ron should put his hand in his pocket to get us through the next 6 months. So far he's been the invisible millionaire

Hibs should set out to win the league at the start of every season.

Impossible to achieve, but that should be our aim otherwise what is the point in taking part in the competition ? In fact what is the point in taking part in any competition in any walk of life if right at the start you don't think you can win it ?

If we have that ambition from the start of any season and go for it, but end up as expected falling short and finishing third or fourth, we will accept that as success for us because we will have achieved European football which is what we should realistically be achieving every season. If we start out at the start of every league campaign saying we hope to finish third or fourth then the likelihood is we will end up fifth or sixth, and that would and should be seen as failure for us. Reach for the sky, that's what I say.

We should also be winning a trophy around every five or six years as far as I am concerned, however I appreciate that cup success is very much down to good luck, and in Scotland it is extremely difficult for non Old Firm teams to win trophies. We should still have won far more than we have done though.
Couldnae agree more, reach for the ceiling and you might just get off the floor, reach for the sky and you might hit the ceiling. GGTTH

There must be a Bendix close to East Mains!

They are doing their own just now, but I can't see that going ahead in the actual serious season.
Maybe he's retired?

They are doing their own just now, but I can't see that going ahead in the actual serious season.
Maybe he's retired?
Nothing official yet, hopefully just shitty reporting.

Nothing official yet, hopefully just shitty reporting.

I think Hibs are going through a consultation exercise just now, there's a (I think) 30 day timescale for that, and it's all confidential. Possibly a mixture of guesswork and bullshit from the redtops.

While I'm excited by Nisbet I'm not all that optimistic for next season for two reasons, I guess. First, the defence is rubbish and it doesn't get much help from the midfield, and second Scott Allan's form hasn't been great and I'm not sure if it'll recover. We'll possibly have an absolute handful of a strike force but service and stopping goals the other end could be our undoing, I fear.

The defence is concerning but oddly, we do have decent defenders.

The issue seems to be collective and organised defending. Far too many balls allowed into our box and this has been a problem for a long time.

I think the other challenge is balancing attacking football with a sound defensive set up, Hibs generally always want to attack and it can leave you exposed.

I think we have a decent squad, albeit weakened from last year imo. That said, most teams have been weakened due to the pandemic and finances. If JR can get the team set up properly I think we can challenge top six at least, maybe for 3rd.

??

The issue seems to be collective and organised defending. Far too many balls allowed into our box and this has been a problem for a long time.

I think the other challenge is balancing attacking football with a sound defensive set up, Hibs generally always want to attack and it can leave you exposed.

Yep. A big problem of the last couple of seasons has been us quite often allowing opposing attackers to wander about in our third largely unimpeded, IMO.

The defence is concerning but oddly, we do have decent defenders.

I think we have a decent squad, albeit weakened from last year imo. That said, most teams have been weakened due to the pandemic and finances. If JR can get the team set up properly I think we can challenge top six at least, maybe for 3rd.

??

What makes you think we've a weaker squad this year?
We've only lost loanees and out of them only Omeonga and Docherty would really be missed. I like them both and would have them both back, but neither would be irreplaceable.
We've brought in a proper defensive midfielder so that's a slight strengthening job.

I think we're about where we were on the whole.

Agree about the defending being collective though. When theres such a massive gap between your defenders and midfield there's honestly not alot the defence can do.
Step forward and be exposed or sit tight and be walked through.

I'm not too worried about the season ahead tbh, not on the park anyway.

What makes you think we've a weaker squad this year?
We've only lost loanees and out of them only Omeonga and Docherty would really be missed. I like them both and would have them both back, but neither would be irreplaceable.
We've brought in a proper defensive midfielder so that's a slight strengthening job.

I think we're about where we were on the whole.

Agree about the defending being collective though. When theres such a massive gap between your defenders and midfield there's honestly not alot the defence can do.
Step forward and be exposed or sit tight and be walked through.

I'm not too worried about the season ahead tbh, not on the park anyway.
We've lost Whittaker and Slivka too.

Yip, players also year older and slower.
We have lost more than we have brought in so I see us weaker, at the moment anyway.

Forgot about them both tbf, losing Slivka isn't a loss though, had ability but we never got to really see or use it.
Whittaker had a handful of good games and most would've been quite happy to see him leave. Probably had a fair wage too.

I take the point though, but we do/did have too many players in excess.

Yip, players also year older and slower.
We have lost more than we have brought in so I see us weaker, at the moment anyway.

Other players will also be a year older and sharper. Depends where that turning point is defined.

Other players will also be a year older and sharper. Depends where that turning point is defined.
Still think we are slightly weaker but you make a valid point.
Older players tend to get injuries more, right now I feel we lack depth in some areas of the pitch, predominantly the defence.

Still think we are slightly weaker but you make a valid point.
Older players tend to get injuries more, right now I feel we lack depth in some areas of the pitch, predominantly the defence.
Defence is a weird one, only position we actually lack depth in is LB. we have 4 first team CB with possibly a 5th if Ben Stirling makes the step up, 2 RBs in Gray (albeit his fist was concerns) and mcginn then only really Lewis at LB with Mackie who don’t think will cut it sadly and possibly young Josh Doig as back up. Overall a decent players but as someone said above it just doesn’t click anymore at the back. Hopefully with the extra cover from Gogic we will see improvements even if the defence isn’t strengthened further

This thread has been viewed 14439 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back