Can we challenge near the top this season?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £20.00

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
He played Boyle out in the wing for ages, yet his best position is playing of the front two which we have seen him in recently.

Couldn’t be down to fitness as both players went straight into games at their current clubs. Maybe more to do with trimming down the squad as he wants the squad to be smaller.

Injuries to our first team will put us in the same situation as Saturday when we had no striker options on the bench but a striker is out injured.
With Scotty it absolutely was down to fitness. He said that himself.
Jack said he wanted a smaller squad of higher quality. I think that was justifying his smaller squad as it exists, not a wish to reduce it further.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I'd be disappointed with 4th of course I would. Who wouldn't be; but come the end of the year and I'm possibly watching Hibs pit themselves against some European team I've never heard of I'll not be minding too much. Then if you beat them you can think 'the standard of Bela Russian football must be crap'.

The Family

Capital Radge
With Scotty it absolutely was down to fitness. He said that himself.
Jack said he wanted a smaller squad of higher quality. I think that was justifying his smaller squad as it exists, not a wish to reduce it further.

Ross said he wanted a smaller squad. Allan played for Inverness so they didn’t see any fitness issues.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
A half fit Allan would have made a difference
Possibly.
Ross said much the same stuff in his previous gig, he likes a settled first team squad with the opportunity to bring in young/reserve players to develop. A big squad brings problems with players being unhappy at a lack of game time...... sometimes so unhappy they want to go on loan!
I hope Scotty comes back next season fully fit after all his health problems and graces our team once again.

The Family

Capital Radge
Possibly.
Ross said much the same stuff in his previous gig, he likes a settled first team squad with the opportunity to bring in young/reserve players to develop. A big squad brings problems with players being unhappy at a lack of game time.... sometimes so unhappy they want to go on loan!
I hope Scotty comes back next season fully fit after all his health problems and graces our team once again.

Yet we were a striker down on Saturday and he doesn’t even put Laidlaw on the bench - young player everyone is talking about.

Zab

Admin
So you don’t think Ross plays one formation/tactics?

Also players asking to leave on loan spells bad man management to me. Ross wants a smaller squad so we are just going to be stuck with not having enough competition for places.

No, I don’t. Watch any game from the last few months and our formations changes during the game depending on the situation. At times it’s 352, others it’s 442, sometimes 433. Do you seriously think we only play one formation?!

If you’re trying to twist Allan’s loan move to Inverness as an anti-Ross move, then it’s clear you simply have an agenda against the manager so it’s pretty pointless me discussing this any further.

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
It's interesting to look back at the early posts in this thread, and the significant number of posters who that it unlikely that would finish in the top four. Yet here we are - hot favourites to finish top three, and still the club/managers/players/scouts/greeenkeepers get it in the neck pretty much week after week after week.

The Family

Capital Radge
It's interesting to look back at the early posts in this thread, and the significant number of posters who that it unlikely that would finish in the top four. Yet here we are - hot favourites to finish top three, and still the club/managers/players/scouts/greeenkeepers get it in the neck pretty much week after week after week.

Seems like people voice their opinion about the manager and players on here these days we are the ones to be throwing our toys out of the pram, yet the evidence was there to see.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
This has been a good season.

Yes we have had a few bumps along the road but who didn’t expect that?

We are close to it being a historic season and it is all in our own hands. Whilst Hibs can frustrate the life out of me, I ain’t complaining about our current position.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Not convinced we can challenge higher than 3rd place sadly. You just need to look back at anytime we've sold our best players it creates a dent in any progress made. Secondly of course the issue in finding higher quality players than the ones we already have.

The Family

Capital Radge
No, I don’t. Watch any game from the last few months and our formations changes during the game depending on the situation. At times it’s 352, others it’s 442, sometimes 433. Do you seriously think we only play one formation?!

If you’re trying to twist Allan’s loan move to Inverness as an anti-Ross move, then it’s clear you simply have an agenda against the manager so it’s pretty pointless me discussing this any further.

Should have been more clear in my last post. When the opposition make their changes Ross does nothing to combat their change. Sometimes he doesn’t bring anyone on at all to give us fresh legs.

Zab

Admin
Should have been more clear in my last post. When the opposition make their changes Ross does nothing to combat their change. Sometimes he doesn’t bring anyone on at all to give us fresh legs.

Ah right, yeah I agree with you on that. He does seem reluctant to make substitutions, possibly due to the lack of decent alternatives on the bench.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Seems like people voice their opinion about the manager and players on here these days we are the ones to be throwing our toys out of the pram, yet the evidence was there to see.
That's not really true, I just think that sometimes there's a lack of balance and acknowledgment that there are shades of grey in football. It doesn't have to be a choice between knives oot or happy clapping.

Eg I think Hibs have been terrible to watch in probably over half of games this year, but I accept this is an unusual season and plenty other teams appear to be having an abysmal time of it too. I think Doidge is a huddy but lots of other people appreciate his hold up play. I think Nisbet's conversion rate of chances to goals is poor but he's still got a decent tally. I think, with hindsight, that letting Allan and Gullan go on loan was a mistake but before hindsight came along I was in agreement with the Allan decision and undecided either way on Gullan as I thought he was a useful option off the bench but equally I thought a decent amount of game time would do him good. I disagreed with the contract extension for Newell but he's had some pretty good games since then (I still don't think he's what we need, he's too reluctant to take a shot and I think he slows the play down too much).

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

Yet at the start of this thread 80% would've said we had ZERO chance of top 4 finish and cup runs are a dream.

Cup runs, we've had
Top 4 we are

Thats higher than most expected yet still a failure. 🤷‍♂️

The Family

Capital Radge
Yet at the start of this thread 80% would've said we had ZERO chance of top 4 finish and cup runs are a dream.

Cup runs, we've had
Top 4 we are

Thats higher than most expected yet still a failure. 🤷‍♂️

Top 4 now is it, even though Ross said himself our main targets were a cup and finishing 3rd, I really hope we do get both, although performances like Saturday and his previous semi finals don’t give me confidence.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Top 4 now is it, even though Ross said himself our main targets were a cup and finishing 3rd, I really hope we do get both, although performances like Saturday and his previous semi finals don’t give me confidence.

Thats not what I said though is it.
I'm talking about the expectations of posters in this thread.
Yourself included.

So at the start of the season you thought we wouldn't be here
Now we're here
You're still no happy

And again, performances in those semis should land at the feet of the players.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here