Can we challenge near the top this season?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £65.00

Zab

Admin
To seriously challenge for 3rd, we need to sign players who will command starting places. We don’t need squad players.

For me the key positions we need to strengthen are:
Right back - Gray’s injury record speaks for itself unfortunately, while McGinn is a squad player
Holding Midfielder - the biggest missing piece in our squad right now. This type of player is going to make a major difference.
Box to box midfielder - essentially someone who can help out at the back, put a tackle in... but most importantly someone with a range of passing and who can carry the ball 30/40 yards.
Left Wing - we are desperate for some serious pace on the left.
Striker - we need a partner/competition for Doidge

If Boyle goes, we need a replacement, simple.

hibs1875

Just A Radge
No chance IMO. As someone else on here has said at the start of every season I want to see Hibs winning the league. In truth I think we have potentially some serious concern here.

Defence was no where near good enough last season and even when EVERYONE knew that was a weak point in the team we still went and let Effe join Livingston and I don't go along with this not played football for months patter, Effe would still have out run our current defenders. Boy is a machine.
Midfield was our strongest and proudest part of the team a couple years ago and we still haven't managed to even come close to replacing it yet, in matter of fact we probably look likely to weaken it by losing out on Boyle. I mean look at the midfield options we used to have... McGinn, McGeouch, Bartley, Fyvie, Henderson, Boyle. ?
Upfront we'll be losing Kamberi and McNulty (not too bothered about McNulty as I don't rate, Kamberi is a Hun fud) and we possibly won't be getting our main target.

Slow at getting people in because we want to save every single penny we can, which is totally fine but any expectation over trying to get into the top 6 with that attitude is just dreaming IMO.

Rant over. Mon the Hibs, fuck the gunts.

Power

Legendary Radge
3-4 well recruited signings that add improvement immediately would be ideal. Young players taking the opportunity being closer to the matchday team would be perfect too.

We would be wise to invest in players that not only have the technical and physical ability but the mental steel required to get us to the very top.

Confident in the recruitment team to pull it off (unlikely to be the usual window closure and may run to October to align with other European nations which will ease pressure - only a little).

NW

Just A Radge
3-4 well recruited signings that add improvement immediately would be ideal. Young players taking the opportunity being closer to the matchday team would be perfect too.

We would be wise to invest in players that not only have the technical and physical ability but the mental steel required to get us to the very top.

Confident in the recruitment team to pull it off (unlikely to be the usual window closure and may run to October to align with other European nations which will ease pressure - only a little).
Our season starts 1 August not October though, we can’t afford another slow start.

Al Catraz

Senile Radge
Our season starts 1 August not October though, we can’t afford another slow start.
The reality seems to be that we can't afford much in the way of great quality either it would seem. I don't think we have any great "player" fund and will again be picking up free's or recovering injured towards the end of the window - if we're lucky. These are very hard times as we all know. It is great to speculate though and hope ? The long term survival of the club is the most important thing - 10,000 season ticket holders are helping to see to that. Well done to those.

The Family

Capital Radge
The reality seems to be that we can't afford much in the way of great quality either it would seem. I don't think we have any great "player" fund and will again be picking up free's or recovering injured towards the end of the window - if we're lucky. These are very hard times as we all know. It is great to speculate though and hope ? The long term survival of the club is the most important thing - 10,000 season ticket holders are helping to see to that. Well done to those.

I see what you are saying but as you say over 10,000 ST holders plus all the extra revenue that the new members of HSL will add which doesn’t include any transfer fees for our players, The Judas prick and Boyle being strongly mentioned. Ron also confirmed we would still be able to compete on the pitch to improve our playing squad, surely we can compete with the likes of Motherwell who are making big strides already and most of them were free and a loan.

Demonbarber6-2

New radge
Decent first 11 (if fit) plenty of good technical players like Allan mallan horgan newell.. We need a bit steel in the middle (Bartley type) as hallberg jury still out for me on his actual role in the team hopefully he is played more central rather than a defensive midfielder!
For me it's 4 players
Gk
Lb
Strong midfielder
Striker
If all come in we will be knocking on the door for 3/4th place
GGTTH

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Realistically I don't see us or anyone catching the Sheep. They are going to be a stronger side and the cute side of their game will see them grind out the results needed. Absolute stick on for third.

4th and below is anybody's and some smart signings should put us in pole position. I think we have a decent squad that requires a few well picked enhancements. I really want to see a headstrong reliable centre half, a proper defensive mid and a box-to-box midfielder signed. We are so weak through the middle it's unreal. No "players with potential" or "options" that's what the young team are for this season.

Last edited:

Green Sleeves

Well-Known Radge
Okay it's starting to look a wee bit better now. 2 first pick players in, plus a sub winger.

Marciano

McGinn, Jackson, Porteous, Doig

Gogic, Hallberg, Allan

Boyle, Nesbit, Doidge

Subs: Dabrowski, Stevenson, Hanlon, Horgan, Murray, Newell, Mallan, Wright

HendoDelivered

New radge
Tell you what if we bring Docherty back on a permanent, punt Kamberi, and sign Boyle up on a new deal this will be the best transfer window we’ve had in a long time!

Definitely. However, if Doc returns we will have one too many central midfielder, so could see Melker Hallberg, for example moving on. Would have some midfield, that’s for sure!

Reactions: Zab

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
It takes time for new players to settle, hopefully the first few games being behind closed doors will give them time to bed in. Its easy to get carried away with what looks good on paper as to the actual display on the pitch. For me its crucial to get match sharp quick. Hopefully get off to a winning start in the first few games, it breeds confidence.

HendoDelivered

New radge
Will we finish for top 4 atm? Unsure. although yesterdays signings have definitely given us a much better chance.

I think we need a couple of defensive reinforcements for us to have a serious chance og top 3/4. I love Lewy but we need to bring someone in who’s going to be able to push him all the way/start over him. Someone who is a bit quicker.

I can’t see SDG stay fit all season either as much as it pains me to say, I think his best days are behind him now. Although, I couldn’t see us getting rid, I would prefer Naismith back or Stephen O’Donnell.

Wouldn’t say no to another CB (Efe type) but only if we could move one on as well, as we have 4.

If we could tie Boyle down with a contract extension, that would be unbelievable. But not sure if we will be able to do so in current circumstances (I know we just signed 3 players yesterday).

Lets see what happens. I think we will be working on a couple of other signings.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here