Bye Bye Les McKeown

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Part of my early teenage years. I wasnae a fan but I had a sister who listened to their records with their friends .I thought their dress sense was gnaff,but maybe if I'd worn half mast skinners with tartan down the side and they college jumpers with the stars on them who knows I might have stood a chance with the lassies.

jock3

Well-Known Radge
Same, they were huge in ma first few years at secondary. Sad and quite like their recordings looking back. Wonder if Les was a Jambo comin fi Dalry?

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Did he no run over an kill an old dear in his new sports car or summat in Embra one time?

I wis at school wi Woodie, friend of ma cousins. Ma Dad gave his army bugle to said Woodie at a party at oor place in Burdie years ago.

Oh ma claims tae fame...!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Did he no run over an kill an old dear in his new sports car or summat in Embra one time?

I wis at school wi Woodie, friend of ma cousins. Ma Dad gave his army bugle to said Woodie at a party at oor place in Burdie years ago.

Oh ma claims tae fame...!
Sittin in the boozer one night and my mate said it wis only hoors and fitba players that came fae Burdiehoose. I said my wife’s fae Burdiehoose, He said ... What position does she play? 🤪

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Same, they were huge in ma first few years at secondary. Sad and quite like their recordings looking back. Wonder if Les was a Jambo comin fi Dalry?
He was from Broomhouse Jock....it was the Longmuir brothers Derek and Alan that were from Dalry.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I think there were a mix of football loyalties within band.

It wasn't that long ago Woody was a regular at Easter Road. In the East if I recall correctly.

Ah. The Pentland Bus. Always seemed to be a few less on it on the return journey.
If you were a Pentland bus regular Shrink you must have come across Tony and brother Gordon, tall brick shitehouse types and totally fucking bonkers. Though that description could apply to several on the Pentland Hibs bus !

BIG G

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Broomhouse boy mate, not Dalry. He stayed not far from where I lived and my sister fired an airgun at him and his pals resulting in a policeman coming to the house and my dad having to, ahem, talk nicely to him to make everything go away,

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
If you were a Pentland bus regular Shrink you must have come across Tony and brother Gordon, tall brick shitehouse types and totally fucking bonkers. Though that description could apply to several on the Pentland Hibs bus !

BIG G
Aye, was a regular .... a founder member .... before the Branch was officially registered.
Used to leave from the Grassmarket, suitably stocked with lager, vodka, and pomagne. A powerful cocktail.
Memory is a bit hazy for some reason......

As a young lad I would get a bus up from Musselbugh, walk to the Grassmarket where the St. Giles bus would also leave from.

BIG G

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
Aye, was a regular .... a founder member .... before the Branch was officially registered.
Used to leave from the Grassmarket, suitably stocked with lager, vodka, and pomagne. A powerful cocktail.
Memory is a bit hazy for some reason....
The White Hart? Surprised you've still got a memory after drinking that concoction

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts