• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Bring back beer

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score

Ron getting nside with a sizeable amount of the support.

I don’t drink so I won’t be partaking, but I’m not opposed in theory. The local pubs might have a different view.

if selling alcohol is managed responsibly, I tend to think it would be a good thing - for example if youngsters abuse it then that behaviour is addressed as unacceptable. People drunk inside the stadium ejected.

if you get an atmosphere of a friendly pub where people are meeting and drinking sociably I think I’d probably be for it.

Reactions: Zab

Ron getting nside with a sizeable amount of the support.

I don’t drink so I won’t be partaking, but I’m not opposed in theory. The local pubs might have a different view.

if selling alcohol is managed responsibly, I tend to think it would be a good thing - for example if youngsters abuse it then that behaviour is addressed as unacceptable. People drunk inside the stadium ejected.

if you get an atmosphere of a friendly pub where people are meeting and drinking sociably I think I’d probably be for it.

I’m all for it. Having been to football stadiums all over the world, it’s common place and part of the “event experience” that football is becoming.

The big concern is binge drinking, but to be honest if alcohol was available at the stadium then people wouldn’t have to drink as much as they could pre-match.

It would need to be strictly managed, it’s a stadium not a bar so would expect some kind of limit of two or three drinks to be in place, but it should be trialed.

It works well at English football in my experience.

It works well at English football in my experience.
Not in mines. Drinking Chang beer pre game and half time, utterly dreadful. Gave up around 2005, visiting Liverpool hostelries pre and apris game with my Blue and Red mates missing out the Thai camels urine.

BIG G

Never had it at Goodison as I drive down, but have had decent beers at Newcastle, Carlisle and Sunderland.

Not in mines. Drinking Chang beer pre game and half time, utterly dreadful. Gave up around 2005, visiting Liverpool hostelries pre and apris game with my Blue and Red mates missing out the Thai camels urine.

BIG G
aye, have had a jar in a few grounds going to watch Newcastle... maistly gash overpriced pisswater in shitty plastic glasses.

i woulnae use it at ER most probably, but Hibernian should 100% be allowed tae sell it, and adult football fans should be allowed tae drink if they want!!

FFS everykant is getting punished because bigotted huns and soapies had a pagger on the hampden pitch 41 YEARS ago. its a nonsense.

edit: jus saw @1875 post above, aye, the platinum club at newcastle isnae too bad actually!

Could start off slow. Have it for all the games baring the OF and the Gunts, see how it goes.

We could offer to trial it here at Easter Road. Maybe start with a single stand for a month or two. The queues would be enormous I think if we sold booze just at the catering areas. Maybe we could get some mobile beer servers heaving a barrel up and down the steps so we don't have to leave our seats. And corndogs Ron.

Just forget it. Plenty time before and after games to bevvy.
Fucking nonsense. Support yer Leith boozers.

BIG G

BIG G
or get them involvedin some way?.... watched the West ham doc on amazon, and they incorporated the various wee business which were around upton park which had become the cockneee wankas traditions.

hibernian engage in their community and potential extra business for local business. win win. very doable in my opinion

or get them involvedin some way?.... watched the West ham doc on amazon, and they incorporated the various wee business which were around upton park which had become the cockneee wankas traditions.

hibernian engage in their community and potential extra business for local business. win win. very doable in my opinion

I’ve often thought this about the hospitality in general, local places could operate a pop up style service in the kiosks. Could do the same with the alcohol service.

Tamsons pop up!

recreate the 90s Royal Nip too

Remember the pop up bar behind the East Stand that Leeann Dempster got up functioning for one game I think around 2017? Don't think we had properly got the permission or were in breach of legislation...

Reactions: Zab
Can I just say - with genuine admiration - that I love how the thread pretty much immediately veered off into a discussion of relative pint quality as the deciding factor on whether this should be done. 😀

Remember the pop up bar behind the East Stand that Leeann Dempster got up functioning for one game I think around 2017? Don't think we had properly got the permission or were in breach of legislation...

was it only open in august due to relaxed festival licensing maybe? don’t think I ever used it

would get a half time pint if easily available without massive queues but unlikely to head into ground early for a drink although decent scran options could change that

was it only open in august due to relaxed festival licensing maybe? don’t think I ever used it

would get a half time pint if easily available without massive queues but unlikely to head into ground early for a drink although decent scran options could change that
Yep same. Do you think it’s possible for hibs to create a ‘prematch experience’ (my teeth slightly go on edge as I type that) that would make you head to the ground at, say, midday?

Ron comes from US sport where that’s a given, but the culture here is massively different.

Yep same. Do you think it’s possible for hibs to create a ‘prematch experience’ (my teeth slightly go on edge as I type that) that would make you head to the ground at, say, midday?

Ron comes from US sport where that’s a given, but the culture here is massively different.

probably easier sell at out of town type grounds but at ER lots of decent drinking and eating options in the local area which aren’t in a stadium concourse..

pints in grounds could be ok money spinner for clubs in Scotland though

probably easier sell at out of town type grounds but at ER lots of decent drinking and eating options in the local area which aren’t in a stadium concourse..

pints in grounds could be ok money spinner for clubs in Scotland though
Yeah I agree. Even if they made it good there’s probably about half a dozen bars within spitting distance that I’d rather be in at 1pm on a match day.

BIG G
I probably wouldn't drink much during games as I am not really a day time drinker. But I do hate anytime I do have a few pre game and have to spend next couple of hours choking for the next one.

If it brings in extra cash for the club, fine. In this day & age, if someone wants a pint at the game, it should be an option.
The logistics will be interesting, will it be served in the same kiosk as the food? I visit West Brom a couple of times a year and they have separate bars just for beer (over priced weak lager) and a couple of (plastic) bottle only counters, both heaving pre match and HT.
The upper concourses don't have much room for extra counters, they get pretty busy as it is at HT and the food queues can be horrendous.
If Ron can find a way for it to work, great.
I can see me occasionally using a bar in the ground at away games, but I will be sticking to the Leith boozers for home games. (Unless we link up with local breweries and have a decent local beer along side the the mass produced cooking lagers).

Great idea. They do it really well at Newcastle, even better at Spurs I believe. Spurs model involves fans sticking around post-match for a few pints to watch the later game (if there is one) on the telly. Could be a decent money-spinner.

La Favorita opened a Pizza slice van at the back of the west stand, I think the common observation was it was too expensive. A pint of Moretti/ Peroni/ Menabrea and a slice of pizza might be more appealing.

As several here know, unlike England in the Netherlands you can drink during the game. Downside again is that the beer is less than 2% and mainly froth.

BIG G

As several here know, unlike England in the Netherlands you can drink during the game. Downside again is that the beer is less than 2% and mainly froth.

BIG G
Seen this for the first time at a Utrecht Fortuna game. If it was only 2% it didnae seem such a waste when it got flung all over the place when Utrecht scored.

This thread has been viewed 1197 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back