• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Boyle

Exactly. Mind folk would say "Aye Riordan scored two but did nothing else....". Now two crosses is good enough... His touch last night was horrendously heavy. He's been poor all season. I'd suggest he thinks he's arrived. I'd drop him.

He has been poor for a while now, time for a change.

I agree and Boyler as an impact sub. Play Mallan 'in the hole', but we mustn't rely on Mallan doing any pressing. All he needs to do is attempt to close down opposing players more, and not get turned like a ballerina!

I agree and Boyler as an impact sub. Play Mallan 'in the hole', but we mustn't rely on Mallan doing any pressing. All he needs to do is attempt to close down opposing players more, and not get turned like a ballerina!

We need someone who can do the wing work and close their opponents down.

Exactly. Mind folk would say "Aye Riordan scored two but did nothing else....". Now two crosses is good enough... His touch last night was horrendously heavy. He's been poor all season. I'd suggest he thinks he's arrived. I'd drop him.

Aye but Murphy was a threat :lauff:

He put in two crosses and totally disappeared, some weapon that.

We'd be having a completely different conversation if our forwards had scored those chances though. Strange how thats his fault?

Other teams set up to counter him, that makes him a weapon.
He's also among the leagues leading players in goal involvement. He's still producing even if the bandwagon is moving too fast to see it.

I know I am probably now boring everyone to death with this view, but I would play Boyle through the middle, just don't ask me where or who's position he would take !

I think we need to be be utilising his pace and tenacity more than we have been this season. He is simply not involved enough in games for me stuck out wide.

Teams are scared of players like Martin who have real pace, especially if they are prepared to run at them and commit defenders to challenges in and around the box.

Aye but Murphy was a threat :lauff:

You obviously cannot tell the difference ?

We'd be having a completely different conversation if our forwards had scored those chances though. Strange how thats his fault?

Other teams set up to counter him, that makes him a weapon.
He's also among the leagues leading players in goal involvement. He's still producing even if the bandwagon is moving too fast to see it.

Don’t think the Gunts were set out to counter him, he had one player to take on in Kingsley and failed. Murphy showed him what a real winger should be doing

I know I am probably now boring everyone to death with this view, but I would play Boyle through the middle, just don't ask me where or who's position he would take !

I think we need to be be utilising his pace and tenacity more than we have been this season. He is simply not involved enough in games for me stuck out wide.

Teams are scared of players like Martin who have real pace, especially if they are prepared to run at them and commit defenders to challenges in and around the box.

It’s not just his wing performances that have let him down though, his first touch was terrible and even when he has had good chances he hasn’t taken them either.

You also mentioned Murphy the Hibs player, so that’s a yellow and a blue card.

Poor disciplinary record.

Let's call it a green card and move on.

At the beginning of the season folk (on here too) were crying out for him to play a bigger role and play more through or into the middle. Have to say I wasn't convinced but that's what seems to have happened to an extent.

Get him back within touching distance of the touch line to give him the space he needs to exploit his speed. With 2 sometimes 3 defenders distracted by him that could also leave more room through the middle for others to get in and cause haaaaaaaavooooooc!

At the beginning of the season folk (on here too) were crying out for him to play a bigger role and play more through or into the middle. Have to say I wasn't convinced but that's what seems to have happened to an extent.

Get him back within touching distance of the touch line to give him the space he needs to exploit his speed. With 2 sometimes 3 defenders distracted by him that could also leave more room through the middle for others to get in and cause haaaaaaaavooooooc!

He had enough opportunities to do that on Saturday Jack but chose not to, I thought he lost his form because his contract was still to be sorted out and after it was we would get our old Boyler back, although sadly it hasn’t happened for him so far and hasn’t done for a while now.

Don’t think the Gunts were set out to counter him, he had one player to take on in Kingsley and failed. Murphy showed him what a real winger should be doing

I thought Murphy only done okay? Took one or two players on, had a brutal shot from distance, but nothing else stuck out all that much?

There was 50 odd fouls in that game, find me a winger that excels in a game like that?

I think we should have driven at them through the middle, Hampden might be big, but that doesn't matter against your Hearts and Aberdeens when you're relatively even matched.

I thought Murphy only done okay? Took one or two players on, had a brutal shot from distance, but nothing else stuck out all that much?

There was 50 odd fouls in that game, find me a winger that excels in a game like that?

I think we should have driven at them through the middle, Hampden might be big, but that doesn't matter against your Hearts and Aberdeens when you're relatively even matched.

Murphy done more than ok, he drove at their midfield and their defenders countless times, yes he had one shot that went well over the bar, what about the time where he broke up their play and played Doidge in when Doidge tried to find Nesbit which ended up being blocked from their player. Boyle was on the touch line but kept on taking a poor touch apart from two crosses, Murphy wasn’t scared to take his opponents on where Boyle just hid and disappeared.

I was a tad concerned to bring that point ref or Ryan up, glad someone else saw it.

Murphy done more than ok, he drove at their midfield and their defenders countless times, yes he had one shot that went well over the bar, what about the time where he broke up their play and played Doidge in when Doidge tried to find Nesbit which ended up being blocked from their player. Boyle was on the touch line but kept on taking a poor touch apart from two crosses, Murphy wasn’t scared to take his opponents on where Boyle just hid and disappeared.

I'm sure we could rewind the game and find a ball that Boyle won and handed off to someone else before they lost it.

Murphy was no better than Boyle, Boyle was no better than anyone else.
But making out that Boyle does fuck all every week just now is absolute nonsense

Not firing on all cylinders but still getting involved in goals and creating chances is still doing a job.

He seems to have lost the confidence to beat his man. I've lost count of the opportunities he's had this season to play the ball into space and do his opponent using his raw pace. First time I noticed this was Livi away where he had about 3 chances to do it, I put this reluctance down to the artificial surface, but there's been loads of examples since.

His final ball is still pretty good tbh e.g. the Huns at home and even on Saturday with setting up Nisbet's gilt-edged chance.

Last edited:
He has been poor for a while now, time for a change.
Since he signed his new contract he's sadly not done alot. Did put some good crosses in at the weekend but we need to be seeing a bit more from him.

Since he signed his new contract he's sadly not done alot. Did put some good crosses in at the weekend but we need to be seeing a bit more from him.
Boyle is really quite an average player.

He is this season but we know he can do better. I think his injury last year is in his heid and its affecting his game.

I'm sure we could rewind the game and find a ball that Boyle won and handed off to someone else before they lost it.

Murphy was no better than Boyle, Boyle was no better than anyone else.
But making out that Boyle does fuck all every week just now is absolute nonsense

Not firing on all cylinders but still getting involved in goals and creating chances is still doing a job.

That is complete nonsense.

For me the problem is that no one is pushing him for his position.

He needs competition and I think that will come from Murphy - who looked very good when he came on last
weekend. I'd expect Murphy to play, maybe over Boyle, and then it's up to Boyle to get himself back in the team.

I think he's found his level at Hibs. He needs to be more involved over 90 minutes. Still has alot to offer imo.

For me the problem is that no one is pushing him for his position.

He needs competition and I think that will come from Murphy - who looked very good when he came on last
weekend. I'd expect Murphy to play, maybe over Boyle, and then it's up to Boyle to get himself back in the team.

Spot on, I mentioned this too, he doesn’t have any real competition at the moment but when that comes then it’s up to Boyle who gets the place in the starting 11, making a couple of crosses isn’t going to cut it.

Spot on, I mentioned this too, he doesn’t have any real competition at the moment but when that comes then it’s up to Boyle who gets the place in the starting 11, making a couple of crosses isn’t going to cut it.

No many things we agree on but competition is needed for places. Wright might be that if he can stay fit.

No many things we agree on but competition is needed for places. Wright might be that if he can stay fit.
I'm hoping Wright will come good tbh

Quality.
An average internationalist?
An average Hibs player who gets the accolades of his fellow players?

What is he an average of?
The boy has been a credit to the jersey on countless occasions, scored spectacular goals, and set up a goodly number too.
Battled through serious injury, and been sought after by ‘another’ country because the Scotland ‘managers’ thought he wasn’t good enough.
Given a bumper deal because he was targeted by other teams due to his talent and performance.

But he’s ‘average’.

Deary me.

Boyle is a good player, just a dip in form.

Reactions: Zab

This thread has been viewed 8391 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back