Boyle

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
Exactly. Mind folk would say "Aye Riordan scored two but did nothing else....". Now two crosses is good enough... His touch last night was horrendously heavy. He's been poor all season. I'd suggest he thinks he's arrived. I'd drop him.

He has been poor for a while now, time for a change.

jock3

VIP Member
I agree and Boyler as an impact sub. Play Mallan 'in the hole', but we mustn't rely on Mallan doing any pressing. All he needs to do is attempt to close down opposing players more, and not get turned like a ballerina!

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
I agree and Boyler as an impact sub. Play Mallan 'in the hole', but we mustn't rely on Mallan doing any pressing. All he needs to do is attempt to close down opposing players more, and not get turned like a ballerina!

We need someone who can do the wing work and close their opponents down.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
VIP Member
Exactly. Mind folk would say "Aye Riordan scored two but did nothing else....". Now two crosses is good enough... His touch last night was horrendously heavy. He's been poor all season. I'd suggest he thinks he's arrived. I'd drop him.

Aye but Murphy was a threat :lauff:

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
He put in two crosses and totally disappeared, some weapon that.

We'd be having a completely different conversation if our forwards had scored those chances though. Strange how thats his fault?

Other teams set up to counter him, that makes him a weapon.
He's also among the leagues leading players in goal involvement. He's still producing even if the bandwagon is moving too fast to see it.

Greenmachine

VIP Member
I know I am probably now boring everyone to death with this view, but I would play Boyle through the middle, just don't ask me where or who's position he would take !

I think we need to be be utilising his pace and tenacity more than we have been this season. He is simply not involved enough in games for me stuck out wide.

Teams are scared of players like Martin who have real pace, especially if they are prepared to run at them and commit defenders to challenges in and around the box.

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
We'd be having a completely different conversation if our forwards had scored those chances though. Strange how thats his fault?

Other teams set up to counter him, that makes him a weapon.
He's also among the leagues leading players in goal involvement. He's still producing even if the bandwagon is moving too fast to see it.

Don’t think the Gunts were set out to counter him, he had one player to take on in Kingsley and failed. Murphy showed him what a real winger should be doing

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
I know I am probably now boring everyone to death with this view, but I would play Boyle through the middle, just don't ask me where or who's position he would take !

I think we need to be be utilising his pace and tenacity more than we have been this season. He is simply not involved enough in games for me stuck out wide.

Teams are scared of players like Martin who have real pace, especially if they are prepared to run at them and commit defenders to challenges in and around the box.

It’s not just his wing performances that have let him down though, his first touch was terrible and even when he has had good chances he hasn’t taken them either.

Jack

Legend
At the beginning of the season folk (on here too) were crying out for him to play a bigger role and play more through or into the middle. Have to say I wasn't convinced but that's what seems to have happened to an extent.

Get him back within touching distance of the touch line to give him the space he needs to exploit his speed. With 2 sometimes 3 defenders distracted by him that could also leave more room through the middle for others to get in and cause haaaaaaaavooooooc!

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
At the beginning of the season folk (on here too) were crying out for him to play a bigger role and play more through or into the middle. Have to say I wasn't convinced but that's what seems to have happened to an extent.

Get him back within touching distance of the touch line to give him the space he needs to exploit his speed. With 2 sometimes 3 defenders distracted by him that could also leave more room through the middle for others to get in and cause haaaaaaaavooooooc!

He had enough opportunities to do that on Saturday Jack but chose not to, I thought he lost his form because his contract was still to be sorted out and after it was we would get our old Boyler back, although sadly it hasn’t happened for him so far and hasn’t done for a while now.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Don’t think the Gunts were set out to counter him, he had one player to take on in Kingsley and failed. Murphy showed him what a real winger should be doing

I thought Murphy only done okay? Took one or two players on, had a brutal shot from distance, but nothing else stuck out all that much?

There was 50 odd fouls in that game, find me a winger that excels in a game like that?

I think we should have driven at them through the middle, Hampden might be big, but that doesn't matter against your Hearts and Aberdeens when you're relatively even matched.

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member
I thought Murphy only done okay? Took one or two players on, had a brutal shot from distance, but nothing else stuck out all that much?

There was 50 odd fouls in that game, find me a winger that excels in a game like that?

I think we should have driven at them through the middle, Hampden might be big, but that doesn't matter against your Hearts and Aberdeens when you're relatively even matched.

Murphy done more than ok, he drove at their midfield and their defenders countless times, yes he had one shot that went well over the bar, what about the time where he broke up their play and played Doidge in when Doidge tried to find Nesbit which ended up being blocked from their player. Boyle was on the touch line but kept on taking a poor touch apart from two crosses, Murphy wasn’t scared to take his opponents on where Boyle just hid and disappeared.

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
VIP Member
I was a tad concerned to bring that point ref or Ryan up, glad someone else saw it.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Murphy done more than ok, he drove at their midfield and their defenders countless times, yes he had one shot that went well over the bar, what about the time where he broke up their play and played Doidge in when Doidge tried to find Nesbit which ended up being blocked from their player. Boyle was on the touch line but kept on taking a poor touch apart from two crosses, Murphy wasn’t scared to take his opponents on where Boyle just hid and disappeared.

I'm sure we could rewind the game and find a ball that Boyle won and handed off to someone else before they lost it.

Murphy was no better than Boyle, Boyle was no better than anyone else.
But making out that Boyle does fuck all every week just now is absolute nonsense

Not firing on all cylinders but still getting involved in goals and creating chances is still doing a job.

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
He seems to have lost the confidence to beat his man. I've lost count of the opportunities he's had this season to play the ball into space and do his opponent using his raw pace. First time I noticed this was Livi away where he had about 3 chances to do it, I put this reluctance down to the artificial surface, but there's been loads of examples since.

His final ball is still pretty good tbh e.g. the Huns at home and even on Saturday with setting up Nisbet's gilt-edged chance.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
ÂŁ107.00
Earned
ÂŁ70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks