SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I'd go.
Million a year, no other concrete offers on the table
Allows him easier access to his national team.

The only real concern for me would be schooling for the kid.
Like you my concerns would be about my family (wife as well as kids) and lets not forget his wife is a very decent footballer too.

What impact will moving to Saudi have on her career.

I don't believe he will go to Saudi.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
I like this new era under Ron. We aren't selling assets on the cheap and everything is geared towards making the club better and stronger. I don't feel bad if Boyle is raging or not, 2 million is a joke in today's football world. Even 3 million is low for a full international and top quality player.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Reaction score
Boyle signed a new, presumably improved contract with Hibs. Nobody forced him to do that.
In effect, he handed back the upper hand to Hibs with regard to any future deal, as the 'ridiculous' 500k clause was removed.
Presumably the Boyler's agent felt at the time that it was a good strategy to take a bit more from Hibs - bird in the hand. That may now be coming home to bite them, but hey ho. them's the breaks.

I hope that a deal is reached whereby Hibs get their valuation, and the squirrel family get set for life.
If not, Boyle needs to suck it up and fire the dude that told him the last deal with Hibs was a good idea.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Yep, these stories come along every window when we approach league games against either of the infirm. Wasn't it they that claimed we were holding Scott back when we received the joke offer from Govan. Then Nisbet and in the next few days it'll be Boyler. We're a disgrace so we are, holding these guys "back"!

We all wish Boyle well if he does go but even he would concede our club deserves better than £2m given he's not long since signed an extended contract and at the moment is in every pundits team of the year.

Super J straight into Villas first team for the same offer the Arabs are making for Boyle? The Villa fans are still laughing at us so I'm right behind the board playing hardball.

I genuinely had to read this a couple of times, wondering why the fuck Boyle would go to Dundee Utd and where they were getting the money (in my defence the thread opened on this comment for me as it was the latest message since I was last on!)

DOH!

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Cant believe championship teams like blackburn , forest etc wouldn’t pay the asking rate for the lad . He’s better than most similar players in that division

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
I guess'Boyle Slightly Bemused' wouldn't sell that scummy rag.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Like you my concerns would be about my family (wife as well as kids) and lets not forget his wife is a very decent footballer too.

What impact will moving to Saudi have on her career.

I don't believe he will go to Saudi.

I'm not convinced he will or would either.
But I would consider it.

Tbf I think most of it is just the piece of shit newspaper making noise, same way Hunco has the record to make noise for them.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Reaction score
Could your wife?
I'm sure like any family, they will make a joint decision on a move.
Not so sure they are any different to anyone else in this situation.
One partner offered a wad to take a new job, family needs to decide if they can all make it work.

My guess is they will if a deal can be made with Hibs.

I'd be over there in a minute for the kind of dosh being offered. A couple of years and set for life. Yes please.

Sheldrake07

Just A Radge
Reaction score
If I were Martin I would go nowhere near the Saudi teams. Money is not everything in life.
Yep, he'll get the dosh but Saudi is not a place to live with your western family and neither is it a place for a young man to live as a married separated. He will need to balance the benefit, but a year there in exchange for £1m might be a price worth paying to him.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Reaction score
Yep, he'll get the dosh but Saudi is not a place to live with your western family and neither is it a place for a young man to live as a married separated. He will need to balance the benefit, but a year there in exchange for £1m might be a price worth paying to him.
It may be possible that being an ex-pat in Saudi is a different experience if you are a highly paid athlete, versus say an average joe over there working on a contract. I'd be surprised if the squirrel and family would have any issues tbh.

Keithd1875

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I'd like to think Hibs would see it from his point of view and at least let him speak to them.
Cant believe championship teams like blackburn , forest etc wouldn’t pay the asking rate for the lad . He’s better than most similar players in that division
Think the fact he's not 6ft 2in will be part of the reason. Cloggers league

Reactions: Zab

tricky

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
I like this new era under Ron. We aren't selling assets on the cheap and everything is geared towards making the club better and stronger. I don't feel bad if Boyle is raging or not, 2 million is a joke in today's football world. Even 3 million is low for a full international and top quality player.

Potentially playing in World Cup this year too, if does alright value goes up again

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Reaction score
It may be possible that being an ex-pat in Saudi is a different experience if you are a highly paid athlete, versus say an average joe over there working on a contract. I'd be surprised if the squirrel and family would have any issues tbh.
His wife most certainly will.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised an English club isn't all over this. I'm not saying he's at the English Premiership level but for a fee of around £3 Million if I was say Newcastle United I'd be all over this. His stats are all too easily dismissed because of him playing in Scotland. In fact if I was slippy at Aston Villa I'd be looking at him.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised an English club isn't all over this. I'm not saying he's at the English Premiership level but for a fee of around £3 Million if I was say Newcastle United I'd be all over this. His stats are all too easily dismissed because of him playing in Scotland. In fact if I was slippy at Aston Villa I'd be looking at him.
If you were Slippy at Aston Villa i'm pm you to tell you you're a c*nt

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here