• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Bogdan to sign again?

Wheat Hound

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

So Rocky or Maxwell are exiting?

Happy enough with Bogdan returning though, he was good.

Rocky wants to leave. Welcome back Bogdan.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So Rocky or Maxwell are exiting?

Happy enough with Bogdan returning though, he was good.
Yes, after a shaky start he was very good imo. Good shot stopper with bags of experience

Not fussed either way.

Rocky wants to leave. Welcome back Bogdan.

Is it any surprise he wants to leave???

He is a far far better goalie than Maxwell.

Is it any surprise he wants to leave???

He is a far far better goalie than Maxwell.
I agree with you mate. I can see why he wants to leave. Bogdan is well decent too.

No complaints from me but who is actually signing him? May, Craig, Mathie? Has the new manager ok'ed this? Is the appointment of a new manager imminent?

The legacy of Paul secondbottom
Pissed off the best goalie we have had for years and now wants to leave.
Bogdan is a fine keeper also, Maxwell certainly behind the other two. Couldn't keep a clean sheet on his bed.

if its Hecky's fault that Rocky wants to leave then surely his sacking would have rekindled his desire to play for Hibs? I'm not buying it and for me Bogdan is a more than adequate replacement so if he does want o feck off dont et the door pap your arse on the ay out

I've never heard an adequate reason why Marciano was dropped.If anybody knows I wouldn't mind hearing.

Marciano is one of the best goalkeepers we have had for years...and now it appears he is leaving.
I rate Adam Bogdan and I am pleased he is coming back, but disappointed if that means Rocky goes.
Who can blame him for being pissed off though ? He was made a scapegoat for a dreadful start to the season, when others were equally if not more to blame.
Maxwell has done ok, but no more than that.

Last edited:
Not fussed either way.
Same a bit meh

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Hibs supporters opinions are mixed about Marciano. Personally I think he is overrated and believe Bogdan was the better all round keeper. If Rocky goes in Jan and he was talking about it earlier this season Bogdan would be a more than adequate replacement. As it stands Bogdan has only signed to Jan according to the press.

Rocky off to Celtic is doing the rounds.

I'm hearing that bogdan is coming back on a free. Does that signal the last we'll see of rocky or maxwell?

I would think so

I feel sorry for Rocky, by far the best keeper at the club that a clueless manager dropped for the one he brought in, I was shocked that Rocky didn't start against St Johnstone, no wonder he is pissed off.

If it means £500k for Rocky in our coffers and Bogdan between the sticks, I'd be happy

Rocky chucked a few in the net and was rightly dropped. He had lost his edge and I think wanted his move away. His replacement is not a better keeper though.
Bogdan (big Dan or bog fan according to my phone) had a horrific start at Hibs but came onto a game.
I’d keep Bogdan of the three. And Rocky’s missus.

Thats what i thought but apparently only on short term deal til January? Marciano's not going anywhere before then so doesn't make much sense

Thats what i thought but apparently only on short term deal til January? Marciano's not going anywhere before then so doesn't make much sense

Makes no sense to me. I'd have signed Bogdan long-term. If Rocky leaves he's the man. If Maxwell leaves, then let him and Rocky fight it out.

I agree with you mate. I can see why he wants to leave. Bogdan is well decent too.

Marciano was outstanding last season for us.
If Rocky was to hit form again...we could make a packet from it.

Bogdan has no sell on value...but is descent enough.
Maxwell is a loanee that if he was to perform better than currently....would sign for someone else with more cash.

If it means £500k for Rocky in our coffers and Bogdan between the sticks, I'd be happy

The fact he is a back up goalie in Scotland....We will be lucky to get 100k.

If it had been end of last season....probably £1 million.

Certainly looks to me that Rocky will be away soon.

I think Bogdan will be back longer term than the initial short term deal. He’s a good keeper, so I’m happy with that. It does though, mean either Marciano or Maxwell is going in January. I hope Marciano stays, but will depend on the new manager.

Both our current keepers and Bogdan are all decent with different strengths and weaknesses.
I would be happy with any two from three tbh.
Marciano whilst a fantastic shot stopper is not without his faults.
I think if we start to defend better as a team the concerns around our keepers decrease

I was wondering who is making these types of decisions when we don't actually have an official manager in place.

Everyone knows we do and who it is of course so there has to have been a nod and a wink in the last day or so.

Rocky commands a transfer fee in January and after that his value plummets so he would be my bet to move on.

Can’t see that - Bain just signed a new contract, and Forster has spoken about wanting to sign permanently after his loan deal. Unless Rocky is happy being 3rd choice.

Can’t see that - Bain just signed a new contract, and Forster has spoken about wanting to sign permanently after his loan deal. Unless Rocky is happy being 3rd choice.
Don't forget the spotty lesbian is there too! Maybe Lennon is doing a Yogi and wants his own 'school of goalkeepers'.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zab

His previous club get 50%

BBC saying it is only till January. Anyone know why we would need him till then? I wouldn't say he is any better or worse than the 2 keepers we have already.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BBC saying it is only till January. Anyone know why we would need him till then? I wouldn't say he is any better or worse than the 2 keepers we have already.

Injury maybe?

Injury maybe?
Didn't realise we had an injury. Cheers makes sense now.

Didn't realise we had an injury. Cheers makes sense now.

No sure if we have but it would make sense.

Our 3rd choice keeper is out on loan meaning we only have 2 keepers available.

I'm sure I read Bogdan is a free agent so it shouldn't cost much as he gets up his fitness.

With the future of the two signed keepers not going beyond the end of the season I think it could be a shrewd move to see what condition he's in with an eye to next season and beyond.

I'm thinking during the summer he's held out for more money than anyone thought he was worth and is hopefully thinking Hibs is where his future lies.

Am sure the team we got Rocky from get 50% of any transfer fee so were not gonna make much if he goes

Interesting to see how this pans out.

Marciano is probably the best shot stopper in the league but when it comes to distribution and commanding his defence he might be up there at the other end.

Maxwell hasn’t made any ‘Worldie’ saves but has certainly galvanised a defence with his presence, orders and acting as a sweeper.

Bogdan is a hybrid of the two. Maybe a better one on one keeper.

Any one of the three is more than good enough to be in the sticks for us and that’s barry wae me - especially after two decades of poor/questionable keepers minus two or three.

Last edited:
Interesting to see how this pans out.

Marciano is probably the best shot stopper in the league but when it comes to distribution and commanding his deference he might be up there at the other end.

Maxwell hasn’t made any ‘Worldie’ saves but has certainly galvanised a defence with his presence, orders and acting as a sweeper.

Bogdan is a hybrid of the two. Maybe a better one on one keeper.

Any one of the three is more than good enough to be in the sticks for us and that’s barry wae me - especially after two decades of poor/questionable keepers minus two or three.
Re your last para - that may be a testimony to Alan Combe. Be a shame to see him binned imo.

Re your last para - that may be a testimony to Alan Combe. Be a shame to see him binned imo.
Maybe there’s an issue between him and Ross?

This thread has been viewed 3985 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50