• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Bitcoin

I had to open up an Ameritrade account just to buy it. Was a pain in the ass finding a place to buy it. Robinhood doesn't support it either. It's a stock, not a crypto
Cheers will try above.

This Bitcoin thing reminds me of Pyramid selling.Just don't get it! I'm still trying to get over the loss of the Ten bob note!

Ameritrade closed to UK? @SuperTortolano

Ameritrade closed to UK? @SuperTortolano

I struggled to find another option to buy. Tried both Robinhood and Webull, neither had CBDL available. I even called the company to find out where I could buy stock and they were no use either. Gonna have to do some digging I'm afraid mate. I bought some shares this morning and going to keep buying a little bit here and there while it's under a penny.

Little bit about them.

I struggled to find another option to buy. Tried both Robinhood and Webull, neither had CBDL available. I even called the company to find out where I could buy stock and they were no use either. Gonna have to do some digging I'm afraid mate. I bought some shares this morning and going to keep buying a little bit here and there while it's under a penny.

Little bit about them.

Are they easily sold or restricted stock?

Anyone interested in some magic beans?
:popcorn3:

Sorry.
:lookaround:

Are they easily sold or restricted stock?
Easily sold on Ameritrade. Just select reduce position. New company just starting out though. Wouldn't go bananas investing, but I see a massive upside potential.

This could be the start of a major breakout in Ripple. Latest court hearing went positively for them too - finished 20mins ago and price up 21% since then.

All these loaded millionaires are Hibees!Wow!Put some money into the club you stingy bastards!

Heads up for anyone looking for a good long-term hold on a crypto. Look to invest a little bit in a crypto called Safemoon. Basically worth next to nothing right now, but has huge potential. Basically if it reaches a penny from where it is now, you'll make 1000x times your dough. It's a bit of a pain in the arse to buy it, but worth jumping through the hoops for a long-term (2-3) year hold.

Anyone needing any help jumping through the hoops to buy, I'll be happy to assist. My track record speaks for itself 😉

Heads up for anyone looking for a good long-term hold on a crypto. Look to invest a little bit in a crypto called Safemoon. Basically worth next to nothing right now, but has huge potential. Basically if it reaches a penny from where it is now, you'll make 1000x times your dough. It's a bit of a pain in the arse to buy it, but worth jumping through the hoops for a long-term (2-3) year hold.

Anyone needing any help jumping through the hoops to buy, I'll be happy to assist. My track record speaks for itself 😉
I keep seeing that pop up on Twitter as Gogic is evidently into it.

I keep seeing that pop up on Twitter as Gogic is evidently into it.

That's pretty cool, not a part of the Twitter community. I'm part of another forum on Reddit that put me on to it. Usually stick to the cryptos that I know and are solid, this one is a punt tough.

Interested - DM me please.

It's pretty obvious it gained momentum by alot of people that had alot of money.

When the big backers take out their money(which is irrelevant to them by the way)

It crashes!

Everybody is now going to panic and lose money...unless they are quick.

It's a plan!

People put alot of money in and will lose alot...as they thought it was amazing.

Believe it..It's control!

It's pretty obvious it gained momentum by alot of people that had alot of money.

When the big backers take out their money(which is irrelevant to them by the way)

It crashes!

It's a plan!

People put alot of money in and will lose alot...as they thought it was amazing.

So, what's the conspiracy? People with the most money invested have most control over the price. A bit like any other investment that (gold, property, stocks, currency etc.) so why is bit coin different?

So, what's the conspiracy? People with the most money invested have most control over the price. A bit like any other investment that (gold, property, stocks, currency etc.) so why is bit coin different?

It’s not, it’s all a massive conspiracy man... mind control, no free will, etc etc....

It’s not, it’s all a massive conspiracy man... mind control, no free will, etc etc....

If he said we dont have free will it'd be the first thing he'd posted that would be hard to contradict.

It crashes!

It's a plan!

If you don't sell when the price goes down you don't lose anything. Won't take long for it to recover

If something cost a bitcoin before the 30% drop what does it cost now? Does the price in Bitcoin fluctuate according to its value against the dollar?

If something cost a bitcoin before the 30% drop what does it cost now? Does the price in Bitcoin fluctuate according to its value against the dollar?

The 30% drop is its price against the dollar. It's a currency.

The 30% drop is its price against the dollar. It's a currency.
So if something cost 1 bitcoin when it was 20 dollars what does it cost today?

So if something cost 1 bitcoin when it was 20 dollars what does it cost today?

Not sure how old bitcoin is but oldest conversion I can see is 1 bitcoin = £215 in 2015. Its currently about £26,000.

So some thing that cost 1 bitcoin in 2015 would now cost 215/26000 bitcoin (0.0083 bitcoin).

Sorry, realised I didn't answer that. If it cost a bit coin before, it would cost 1.43 bitcoin after a 30% drop in value (presuming it was priced in Dollars.)

Sorry, realised I didn't answer that. If it cost a bit coin before, it would cost 1.43 bitcoin after a 30% drop in value (presuming it was priced in Dollars.)
I can see the appeal for speculators but not for actually using it to buy stuff.

Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto market was all going to have a correction. Nothing goes up forever. I said as much earlier in the year and took my profits. I don't think the correction is done yet either, I see it dropping another 20-30% If you look at the big picture and long-term charts, it has rose astronomically.

Bitcoin and the rest of the crypto market was all going to have a correction. Nothing goes up forever. I said as much earlier in the year and took my profits. I don't think the correction is done yet either, I see it dropping another 20-30% If you look at the big picture and long-term charts, it has rose astronomically.
I didn't take any profits at all, probably a mistake but I'd rather be cautious than try and time it as I've fucked up trying to in the past. Picking up some good deals just now though :thumbgrin

I didn't take any profits at all, probably a mistake but I'd rather be cautious than try and time it as I've fucked up trying to in the past. Picking up some good deals just now though :thumbgrin

Still a good long term investment. Lots of growth for companies like Cardano, XRP and VET.

I still think XRP will outperform all of them when the shackles come off. Holding firm on that one. I was in at 0.19 too. Took a hard nose dive, but bouncing back. I swapped some bitcoin for XRP when it touched the 0.19 again. Cardano and Ve Chain are two others that I invested in.

Like you I think some will drop this year. Long term all have massive upside. Bitcoin probably the least.

XRP since I first tipped it at $0.20 is now trading at $1.17 Up over 500%

Cardano ADA Since the start of the year was $0.20 and now $2.75. Up over 2200%

Vechain since the start of the year. $0.02 and now $0.12. Up 500%

Safemoon which I predicted also was the loser of the bunch, losing 125% That one I did feel was a complete punt. The others above I still feel have some room to grow.

Other crypto I have researched that I like going forward I'll list below. I invested in these last month and already seeing big gains. I'll mark the price next to them and see where we are in a year.

Celer Network - CELR $0.045 This one I'm really BIG on. I think this has massive potential to make big moves upwards. That's my top pick from the list

Polkadot - DOT $26 Another one I like with great potential

Solana - SOL $76 This one has already shot up over 100% since I invested in it a month or so back. Again I see a lot of potential with this. Very undervalued.

I know some think crypto is crazy and refuse to accept it as an investment. I study the market pretty hard and try to keep an eye on the crypto currencies that are undervalued and go under the radar. Just bumping this for anyone that's interested.

I was discussing crypto with family members last night. And to be honest i found it hard to describe what it actually is! How would you explain it simply? And If you buy say £100 of crypto them obviously for your £100 you'll get whatever crypto you buy but where exactly does your £100 go?!!

I was discussing crypto with family members last night. And to be honest i found it hard to describe what it actually is! How would you explain it simply? And If you buy say £100 of crypto them obviously for your £100 you'll get whatever crypto you buy but where exactly does your £100 go?!!

You open up a crypto wallet from your phone or desktop. I use both Coinbase and Crypto.com, prefer the later. Once you have the wallet download, you can then buy cryptocurrency from your bank account.

If you buy a crypto that is let's say priced at 25p and spend £100, then you'll have 400 coins. No matter what, you'll always have that amount of coins in your wallet. The value will change based on the price of the crypto currency and will reflect that in your wallet.

Not much cope for panhandlers down your way Super.
' Can you spare a Cripto coin for a virtual cup of coffee bud?'

BIG G

I keep hearing that it's not as simple as this, but as far as I can make out your £100 goes to some guy who paid maybe £50 for the exact same coins. And your way of making a profit is to find someone who's prepared to pay, say, £200 for the same coins you paid £100 for and the guy before you paid £50 for. I'm genuinely struggling to understand how it's anything other than a pyramid scheme as the only money entering the system is money from people who are prepared to pay more for the same asset than someone else already has. Which to me means that once it runs out of people willing to pay more an enormous crash happens as people race for the exit and it becomes valueless. More than willing to be educated if that's not right though.

I keep hearing that it's not as simple as this, but as far as I can make out your £100 goes to some guy who paid maybe £50 for the exact same coins. And your way of making a profit is to find someone who's prepared to pay, say, £200 for the same coins you paid £100 for and the guy before you paid £50 for. I'm genuinely struggling to understand how it's anything other than a pyramid scheme as the only money entering the system is money from people who are prepared to pay more for the same asset than someone else already has. Which to me means that once it runs out of people willing to pay more an enormous crash happens as people race for the exit and it becomes valueless. More than willing to be educated if that's not right though.

The same can be said about stocks. You buy a stock that someone paid less for, or more. Crypto currency has a market cap where only so many coins can be produced, it isn't infinite.

Bitcoin and crypto currency are here to stay. This generation and future generations are investing in more crypto and less in the stock market. Eventually companies like Amazon will start accepting payment in crypto. Already companies like Expedia, Tesla and major precious metal dealers are accepting crypto as payment. It will move up and down like most investment ventures do.

The same can be said about stocks. You buy a stock that someone paid less for, or more. Crypto currency has a market cap where only so many coins can be produced, it isn't infinite.

Bitcoin and crypto currency are here to stay. This generation and future generations are investing in more crypto and less in the stock market. Eventually companies like Amazon will start accepting payment in crypto. Already companies like Expedia, Tesla and major precious metal dealers are accepting crypto as payment. It will move up and down like most investment ventures do.
No, the same can't be said about stocks. Money enters the system with stocks because companies produce things, make profits, those profits can increase and if they do people are willing to pay more for a share of that company / those profits.

Bitcoin is a closed system, it's just the same assets swirling around and the only way the value increases is if somebody tomorrow is prepared to pay more money for the exact same thing as somebody today bought.

No, the same can't be said about stocks. Money enters the system with stocks because companies produce things, make profits, those profits can increase and if they do people are willing to pay more for a share of that company / those profits.

Bitcoin is a closed system, it's just the same assets swirling around and the only way the value increases is if somebody tomorrow is prepared to pay more money for the exact same thing as somebody today bought.

A lot of crypto currencies are also high tech companies that are growing and will change the way currency is transfered. Companies like RIPPLE XRP and Cardano will play huge roles in the transfer of fiat and digital currency in the future. Bitcoin has been around for about 12 years now, I don't see it as a pyramid scheme.

A lot of crypto currencies are also high tech companies that are growing and will change the way currency is transfered. Companies like RIPPLE XRP and Cardano will play huge roles in the transfer of fiat and digital currency in the future. Bitcoin has been around for about 12 years now, I don't see it as a pyramid scheme.
Yes, blockchain technology and all the other technologies building out of crypto are here to stay. But that doesn't mean that holding XRP coins gives you a slice of Ripple's profits. That's like winding back fifty years and saying "I reckon those NCR cash machines are going to take off so I've bought a load of tenners".

I'm genuinely interested to understand how money is being made on cryto coins if it's not just somebody being prepared to pay more for the thing you own than the price you paid for it. I've still never seen a satisfactory answer so, much as I'd like to see it differently, it still looks like a pyramid to me.

Admittedly clueless

But there must be more factors than some random guy willing to pay more than the last guy? I dont know what those factors are, but it can't just be random.

Has to be a demand thing, like metals.

Yes, blockchain technology and all the other technologies building out of crypto are here to stay. But that doesn't mean that holding XRP coins gives you a slice of Ripple's profits. That's like winding back fifty years and saying "I reckon those NCR cash machines are going to take off so I've bought a load of tenners".

I'm genuinely interested to understand how money is being made on cryto coins if it's not just somebody being prepared to pay more for the thing you own than the price you paid for it. I've still never seen a satisfactory answer so, much as I'd like to see it differently, it still looks like a pyramid to me.
I agree -- to my mind, it essentially trades on a form of FOMO (fear of missing out); some who were ahead of the curve will cash in handsomely, and plenty others want a slice of that action. Overall, the market in crypto is exhibiting classic bubble dynamics, imo.

Blockchain -- i.e. the underlying innovation, distributed ledgers etc -- is another question.

El Salvador is giving each citizen $30 in Bitcoin and using it as currency starting tomorrow. When huge financial institutions are buying up Bitcoin, that tells me that it's more than a pyramid scheme. Crypto is the future of finance IMO.

El Salvador is giving each citizen $30 in Bitcoin and using it as currency starting tomorrow. When huge financial institutions are buying up Bitcoin, that tells me that it's more than a pyramid scheme. Crypto is the future of finance IMO.
That's another false conflation of the payment mechanism with the speculative asset imo. Bitcoin may well become the future of payment transactions (seems unlikely considering its energy usage and slow transaction times) but that doesn't mean that bitcoins are an asset that'll inherently grow in value. When contactless payments came along you didn't see folk rushing out to acquire lots of cards with the aim of selling them for $100k each.

El Salvador are a special case anyway, with a U.S. dollar based economy. This move is essentially a play to get more dollars into the country imo.

This thread has been viewed 71936 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back