Bitcoin

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

ILHTD

New radge
I managed to accumulate 1.5 bitcoin when I was working. Retired now and cashing it in next year regardless of the price at the time. It was only money that was gonna be spaffed on a horse or some mad accumulators so happy where I am 😃

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
News regarding China that you'd assume would be detrimental to bitcoin comes out every few weeks, doesn't seem to have an effect any more

Been buying Verasity recently, worth looking into as they have a patented 'proof of view' thing which companies will be able to use to determine whether their ads are being viewed by real people, could be huge in the advertising space. Market cap still only £250m.

Dipped my toes into NFTs the other week too, could be interesting

I've been trying to figure out the NFT market, but can't figure out at all. I put some money in to a couple of NFT related crypto's that have been doing well since investing. Ones an NFT related game that's not been released yet, and another is NFT pictures. Cat Girl and Doge Dash. Neither have been released yet, so in early before the masses.

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
I've been trying to figure out the NFT market, but can't figure out at all. I put some money in to a couple of NFT related crypto's that have been doing well since investing. Ones an NFT related game that's not been released yet, and another is NFT pictures. Cat Girl and Doge Dash. Neither have been released yet, so in early before the masses.
Aye it took a while and a fair bit of research for me and one of my mates to feel confident enough to jump in, it's not easy when we know fuck all about art 😂 What we've been looking for are projects that have a big following on twitter and who's team aren't anonymous (since there have been a fair few rug pulls by anonymous teams recently), and obviously mainly ones that look cool. I'll link a couple that we've found that seem to have potential and aren't just a bunch of animals wearing different clothes which seem to be common for some unknown reason

Vogu - used by a lot of folk on twitter as profile pictures and have a solid community on discord:
https://opensea.io/collection/vogu

Wanderers - these are my favourite because they're so different from the rest, short videos of spaceship interiors with music and various different weird traits, been hyped up a fair amount recently. Holders are about to be airdropped free planet NFTs, definitely worth checking out
https://opensea.io/collection/the-wanderers

I've already made about 1 eth profit buying and selling a few of these just since August so it's well worth it once you get a bit of a feel for the market

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
Aye it took a while and a fair bit of research for me and one of my mates to feel confident enough to jump in, it's not easy when we know fuck all about art 😂 What we've been looking for are projects that have a big following on twitter and who's team aren't anonymous (since there have been a fair few rug pulls by anonymous teams recently), and obviously mainly ones that look cool. I'll link a couple that we've found that seem to have potential and aren't just a bunch of animals wearing different clothes which seem to be common for some unknown reason

Vogu - used by a lot of folk on twitter as profile pictures and have a solid community on discord:
https://opensea.io/collection/vogu

Wanderers - these are my favourite because they're so different from the rest, short videos of spaceship interiors with music and various different weird traits, been hyped up a fair amount recently. Holders are about to be airdropped free planet NFTs, definitely worth checking out
https://opensea.io/collection/the-wanderers

I've already made about 1 eth profit buying and selling a few of these just since August so it's well worth it once you get a bit of a feel for the market

Thanks for the links, definitely going to look in to those. I've seen a few YouTube videos, but can never fully wrap my head around it.

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
Thanks for the links, definitely going to look in to those. I've seen a few YouTube videos, but can never fully wrap my head around it.
I don't know anything about them but I do remember Steve on Daily 25 blog getting very excited about the potential he saw in it, I'll see if I can find his post.

Last edited:

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
I don't know anything about them but I do remember Steve on Daily 25 blog getting very excited about the potential he saw in it, I'll see if I can find his post.

That's crazy money, impressive though! Have to do some good research and figure these out.

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
For anyone to make money , someone has to lose money , it doesn’t grow on trees 🤷‍♂️
That happens all the time, if I buy a paper then the newsagent makes money and I lose money. Same goes for buying crypto etc, it's about agreeing on a fair price for an item that results in both parties coming away thinking they got a good deal. Ok you're always going to find people looking to take advantage, but if someone goes in spunking their cash without researching the market, making decisions based off of established trading patterns etc then it's their own fault if they sell something stupidly low/buy stupidly high

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
For anyone to make money , someone has to lose money , it doesn’t grow on trees 🤷‍♂️

How many people on here spunk money at the bookies, or the lottery every week? Investing whatever you can afford here and there on crypto, or any other investment isn't half as bad. Yes market's crash, but they also recover. When you bet T3 at Monmore and it gets pumped, that's your dosh gone.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
That happens all the time, if I buy a paper then the newsagent makes money and I lose money. Same goes for buying crypto etc, it's about agreeing on a fair price for an item that results in both parties coming away thinking they got a good deal. Ok you're always going to find people looking to take advantage, but if someone goes in spunking their cash without researching the market, making decisions based off of established trading patterns etc then it's their own fault if they sell something stupidly low/buy stupidly high
All very well these millionaires like the dragons den guy advising “ buy bitcoin” and who can afford to take a temporary hit 😡,

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
How many people on here spunk money at the bookies, or the lottery every week? Investing whatever you can afford here and there on crypto, or any other investment isn't half as bad. Yes market's crash, but they also recover. When you bet T3 at Monmore and it gets pumped, that's your dosh gone.
Not for me , I’ll stick to w hill and bet365 and get an occasioal buzz when the fixed odds come up now and again 🤪

ILHTD

New radge
Absolutely right. Like everything its not for everyone but if you are still working a portion (you can afford to lose) set aside every month will pay big dividends.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Only had my Bitcoin for a few days now and it's bobbed up and down a bit but no real significant change in my starting amount. I realise there's different ways to do things, you either sit on it and invest at set points or actively trade to make profit. I know the other key is tp diversify your crypto as well which I'll look into further down the line when I become more experienced if I'm still doing this.

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
Only had my Bitcoin for a few days now and it's bobbed up and down a bit but no real significant change in my starting amount. I realise there's different ways to do things, you either sit on it and invest at set points or actively trade to make profit. I know the other key is tp diversify your crypto as well which I'll look into further down the line when I become more experienced if I'm still doing this.
I'm of the former category, I know if I tried trading I'd fuck it up royally so tend to just stick to holding and buying a bit more when it dips a little

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I'm of the former category, I know if I tried trading I'd fuck it up royally so tend to just stick to holding and buying a bit more when it dips a little
Tried trading based on recommendations but again it didn't really seem to do much. Perhaps I'm just being impatient.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
I haven't traded either. I buy and hold, taking profits when the price is high and keeping some cash on the sidelines for the dips.

I started off just investing in the big coins like Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, and the likes. This year started out researching the small projects that can be very profitable, but extremely volatile.

Crypto based games are going to become very big in the future. AXIE INFINITY has shown how huge a profit you can make getting in the door early. Traded at pennies and now over $100. Doge Dash is a game that's being released in December along with an NFT project attached to it that I think will do very well. I bought in last week and it's gone up 500% since then. Still trading miles under a penny. If that gets anywhere near $1.00, I'm set for life.

Chuck Rhoades

Since 1875
@SuperTortolano

Any counsel on taking profits? I’ve reached a point I have some investments that are at 4-500% up and feel banking some of that profit and keeping to rebuy at next crash is sensible. Less clear on how you go about this - i mainly use etoro and see they have a take profit capability. Ive done stop losses before but always ended up losing out due to margin between buy / sell points and it regaining ground before I can react.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
@SuperTortolano

Any counsel on taking profits? I’ve reached a point I have some investments that are at 4-500% up and feel banking some of that profit and keeping to rebuy at next crash is sensible. Less clear on how you go about this - i mainly use etoro and see they have a take profit capability. Ive done stop losses before but always ended up losing out due to margin between buy / sell points and it regaining ground before I can react.

I use Crypto.com, Coinbase and Trust Wallet. I usually take profit when an investment triples in value. Usually just take 20% out. I don't trade, I just convert whatever crypto I'm taking profit from to a stable coin like Tether and keep the money in there for when the dips hit.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here