Big Marv

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Reaction score
One of my sons dating an Ayr supporter. Think he chases after lost causes. Least he can have a little more than pretend interest now, to be fair though she has been attending real games with him

tricky

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
One of the best grounds in Scotland to visit

Good luck to him

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Reaction score
You need a tardis to visit there. It’s at least a century back.
Was the Ayr owner not some big shot in the ground reconstruction business but their ground remained a shithole? I've not been since the great adventure but I bet the toilets haven't been upgraded

Admin
Reaction score
Was the Ayr owner not some big shot in the ground reconstruction business but their ground remained a shithole? I've not been since the great adventure but I bet the toilets haven't been upgraded

Barr Construction, I heard a good story about Hibs and Barr's last week.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
Barr built our west stand. Hibs couldnae afford the payments to Barr's so we gave Ayr 4 of our better players as part of the pay off. Pat McGinley, Paul Lovering, Yogi Hughes and one other.
Debateable whether they were 'better' as we still had the likes of Fenwick, Caldwell (wonder where he is now?) De la Cruz, Brebner, Luna, Zitelli O'Connor and Riordan.

We also had Jarkko Wiss and Derek Townsley...... so you may have a point right enough.

Yogi was 38 then, and promptly Ayr emptied us out the Cup, with Sauzee calling his players frauds. He would be emptied not long after.
An unhappy time for us all.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Barr built our west stand. Hibs couldnae afford the payments to Barr's so we gave Ayr 4 of our better players as part of the pay off. Pat McGinley, Paul Lovering, Yogi Hughes and one other.
Was it Michael Renwick?

Funnily just discussing this a week past Saturday with my Ayr fan pal

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Nice one Marv, definitely an ex player I'd like to see managing Hibs one day. Good luck

MeanwoodHibee

Just A Radge
Reaction score
A good story but not sure if the sequence of events backs it up as I think those players went to Ayr a year before the West Stand was built - unless Barrs wanted paying up front?

Admin
Reaction score
A good story but not sure if the sequence of events backs it up as I think those players went to Ayr a year before the West Stand was built - unless Barrs wanted paying up front?

In my defence, it came from one of the four players, who actually didn't want to leave Hibs.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here