Donations so far: £40.00

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score
Paatelainen tried to get Niemi to sign if I remember correctly

Spanish-hibs

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Think Sauzee attempted to sign David Ginola on a loan when he fell out with the manager at Villa.

Everton's Leon Osman was linked with Lennon trying to bring him to the club.

Hibs were said to be showing interest in signing a young Billy Bremner fore he went south and joined Leeds.
Think Sauzee attempted to sign David Ginola on a loan when he fell out with the manager at Villa.

Everton's Leon Osman was linked with Lennon trying to bring him to the club.

Hibs were said to be showing interest in signing a young Billy Bremner fore he went south and joined Leeds.
Billy B to Hibs was a done deal when Leeds upped the fee from £25k to £30k and deal fell through. Had the great pleasure to meet Billy a few years ago. Didn’t seem to be getting a chance at Leeds and was desperate to sign. Him and Pat in the same team…..John Baxter and maybe even Willie Hamilton. Wow.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
And on the subject of Best and Hibs…. The bold boy once said,” if you had to pick between beating four players and scoring from thirty yards against Liverpool, and shagging Miss World it would be a tough choice. Luckily I did both” or something like that.
Here’s another tale…
Even by George Best's standards, his short stint in Scotland involved some serious hell raising.

Now 35 and past his best, the feted winger shimmied into the Hibernian dressing room to the acclaim of everyone, except his new manager, who described the signing as a "disaster waiting to happen".

It didn't take long for him to be proved right. In February 1980 Best went AWOL for days, missing training. Nobody knew where he was until the tabloids published photos of him stumbling out of a London nightclub.

With a big cup game against Ayr United coming up next, the gaffer handed Best a final warning, ordering him to spend the night before the big game in his room at Edinburgh's Balmoral Hotel.

But Georgie's plans for a quiet one were derailed when he bumped into hard-drinking French rugby player Jean-Pierre Rives in the lobby, who insisted they have a sesh.

And things escalated when Debbie Harry, lead singer of Blondie and every 70s teenager's wet dream, joined them at the bar.
735f84a0-1eb3-5ac7-a4cf-3ea63224a490.jpg
Best has no recollection of what happened next, other than "bedlam". His next memory came at 10am, when hotel staff carried him from the bar to his bed.

One hour later, a Hibernian coach arrived to pick him up for the game. He found Best, passed out in bed next to Debbie Harry, unable to say anything except "I'm so pissed."

Eventually, after a vat of coffee and several slaps, Best opened his eyes, gestured towards the Blondie singer, and quipped: “What would you rather do, spend the afternoon with her or play Ayr United?”

He didn't make the game.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Reaction score
Apparently told Hibs that he had an injury, Turnbull asked him , twice, where his injury was and George said ..
Denis Denis 🤐

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score
Am I imagining that we nearly signed Jason Scotland????

SirGraysheid

New radge
Reaction score
I recall us being linked with a washed up Gazza under Mowbray.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here