Best 'nearly' Hibs player

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score
There's always players we are set to sign but for whatever reason they don't come here (normally end up at The Sheep nowadays!) - but what are your favourite almost men for Hibs....you know, the David Platt kinda signings.

Be interested if there's any really random ones out there!

Anyone?

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score
Ally Dick, we were close to signing him when Joe McBride got injured.

Instead he went Ajax, and we got Joe Tortolano.
Wow! This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for!

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Reaction score
Good thread. Those who spring immediately to mind include Gordon Strachan, John Robertson, and Ronnie Rosenthal.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Reaction score
Ryan Christie is another - we were close to signing him when John McGinn left, Celtic for reasons that escape me didn’t conclude the deal.

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Not strictly pertinent to this thread as not a player..... but I had heard at the time there was big "interest" from Hibs for Stevie Clark to be the manager of Hibernian. I was down in England when got the news our new manager was Pat Fenlon. Firstly "who?" I thought.... was gutted!

Reactions: Zab

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Reaction score
Not strictly pertinent to this thread as not a player..... but I had heard at the time there was big "interest" from Hibs for Stevie Clark to be the manager of Hibernian. I was down in England when got the news our new manager was Pat Fenlon. Firstly "who?" I thought.... was gutted!
Yeah, I heard that too. Also that Michael O'Neill would have been our manager if it wasn't for a smear campaign against him and his drinking habits.

Maybe we've lost out more on managers than players!

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard that too. Also that Michael O'Neill would have been our manager if it wasn't for a smear campaign against him and his drinking habits.

Maybe we've lost out more on managers than players!
Aye, forgot about Michael O'Neil (another classy player. Sweet left peg). .... but I dont think he was actually in the frame at the time....

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
And where did he wind up , kilmarnock 🤷‍♂️

tricky

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Aye, forgot about Michael O'Neil (another classy player. Sweet left peg). .... but I dont think he was actually in the frame at the time....

Had a long interview with Rod and thought he had the job, was mentioned in a Scotsman interview

Jamie Cureton was a player we were always linked with back in the day but never signed

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Had a long interview with Rod and thought he had the job, was mentioned in a Scotsman interview

Jamie Cureton was a player we were always linked with back in the day but never signed
I sit corrected!

goldenhibby

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Lennon was after Jack Hendry, was close to getting him too

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here