Best gigs

paul 1875

Bounce Radge
Toy Dolls are great fun live. Saw them at the Garage in Glasgow about 10 years ago. I'll need to catch them again some day.
Saw them in a place that was more like a private gig it was like a livingroom with a big fireplace .they played in the corner the place had three different levels to it oh those mushroom dinners dont half play havoc with the mind šŸ¤Ŗ

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust): Empire Edinburgh 1973

Ella Fitzgerald : Playhouse Edinburgh 1981

The Specials : Tiffany's Edinburgh 1979 (The Selector and Madness, all for less than Ā£2 !!)

BIG G
Bowie gig was brilliant at the empire,loved him ever since
Slade early 70s at the appolo in Glasgow
Roxy music at the hallemunsterland in Munster 1978

Fernando

Bounce Radge
They say you always remember your first o er .the first concert I attended was ultravox at Grangemouth town hall who where supported by a young simple minds ,as a young sixteen year old a was blown away by the noise and excitement.
Seen the cure in Glasgow and missed the build up because of the fa cup final replay was on and I wanted to see the game Spurs v man city

Also seen the stranglers at the Apollo that was awesome great music and a few fights what's not to like šŸ˜€

tricky

Bounce Radge
Gil Scott Heron at Queens Hall circa 1997
Skatalites and the Selecter on Renfrew Ferry
Kraftwerk at Benicassim in 2004

Been lucky to see a lot of great gigs over the years and try and go to one a month, very hard to pick 3 favourites including Oasis at Irvine Beach and Loch Lomond, the Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, Brian Wilson, seen Beta Band, Charlatans and Springsteen plenty times.
A Certain Ratio at voodoo rooms last year best recent one

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Some good memories on this thread. I liked the Joshua Tree U2 at Murrayfield supported by the Pogues, Kansas at Hammersmith Odeon back in the late 70s, supported by Jim Capaldi and the Contenders. My fav was a surprise, by an old Proffessor who was near passing away, passionate CND campaigner, had an old radio in his room set on classic FM, hissing and cracking, I made the mistake of trying to get a better reception while Mario Lanza was singing, I'll walk with God, I said that was my dads favourite " mine too" he said and sang it to me word for word in the most beautiful voice I've heard. That is still my fav performance.

tricky

Bounce Radge
That first Specials gig in Glasgow when they reformed was unreal, New Order gigs always been great too, honourable mention to James Brown, Lou Reed, Roy Ayers, Marlena Shaw, Michael Marra and also the big dance acts in the 90s like Orbital, Leftfield, Chemical Bros, Prodigy etc.

I do miss going out to gigs, last one was Jon Hopkins at Usher Hall in March ( huns lost at home to Hamilton that night )

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
I enjoyed the Tarlair music festival mid nineties, set in a salty open air pool in a cove near Banff. Magnum, Fish, The Party Boys ( connected to the sensational Alex Harvey band I believe? Big G? Jethro Tull. Iain Anderson quoted as saying " I've never played a gig in such a beautiful setting. Froze in the tent later that night, nothing to do with drinking pales of cider. Teehee.

GORDONSMITH7

Been Here For A While
I enjoyed the Tarlair music festival mid nineties, set in a salty open air pool in a cove near Banff. Magnum, Fish, The Party Boys ( connected to the sensational Alex Harvey band I believe? Big G? Jethro Tull. Iain Anderson quoted as saying " I've never played a gig in such a beautiful setting. Froze in the tent later that night, nothing to do with drinking pales of cider. Teehee.

The Sensational Party Boys were the SAHB without Alex who died a decade earlier. The same guys before Alex were called Tear Gas, who I saw in a community centre in Dalkeith, 1970/71. The following year they joined Alex to form SAHB and by Christ they were.

BIG G

moathibby

Bounce Radge
I went to two early Womad events in the 80s one was at Mersea Island which was out Norfolk way the next was near Bristol,there was all sorts of bands played from the Banshees to the Bow Gamelan Orchestra magical weekend s apart from some *&*^ cutting open my tent and making off with a radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
The Sensational Party Boys were the SAHB without Alex who died a decade earlier. The same guys before Alex were called Tear Gas, who I saw in a community centre in Dalkeith, 1970/71. The following year they joined Alex to form SAHB and by Christ they were.

BIG G
Thanks G, new you would know. Alex Harvey was a showman, destined to burn out. These guys never got to rest.

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
Ā£107.00
Earned
Ā£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks