• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Best 3 songs

Karen Carpenter
Dusty Springfield
Debbie Harry. Anything by them all. All top singers. Karen Carpenter, what a talent with a voice that is up there with the best.

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
Open All Night - Bruce Springsteen

Impossible to narrow it down, but these 3 are in my top 10.

Etta james.. I'd rather go blind
Patti smith..because the night
Chaka Khan.. ain't nobody

Girlies, Nina Simone- Feeling Good.
Beth Hart - Change Gonnae Come.
Janis Joplyn - Ball and Chain.
Lorena McKennit The Stolen Child. Oh my that's four. Should have made it by genre, I've got some classic Polka tunes. Teehee.

For some reason I found the female artists quite hard so hear goes
Patsy Cline -I fall to pieces
Dawn Penn - you don't love me (no,no,no)
Millie Jackson -my man ,a sweet man

As a HibeesBounce admin. I reserve the right to take thinks off on a tangent and take liberties , with the foregone approval of my big mate with Georgia on his Mind.

A wee section on the new LP on the K-tel label called BIG G's Best Songs is....

My best 3 songs with a foreign language input.....

This 45 rpm record was in my hoose as a bairn. Took my 88 year auld mum to see the film with the same name in 2007 about Ediths very sad life. Mum wept, I sobbed. FFS second time I have admitting to weeping on this thread.

BIG G

Splendid.....

BIG G

BIG G

"I am the king of the divan" that line always makes me laugh for some reason!

Got this on a mixtape, always ram it up when im cruising along the ferry road, would say its one of my fav's

Section on my new upcoming LP under the instrumental genre, no words, no Classical which is a vast area on it's own. Top 3 from the BIG G.

For my amigos on here that have informed me over the years that they didnae get Jazz no matter how hard they have tried. I suggest they must have had a blind spot when enjoying Barry Norman giving us his splendid reviews of Films....1972 - 1998.

BIG G

Fir fucks sake. 50 years ago and still bloody splendid. Fire in with your fave instrumentals.

BIG G

Raging bull.. opening scene
Percy faith..theme from a summer place
Good the bad and ugly..Danish national symphony orchestra version

Summer Place - Percy Faith.
Snap, @dibo .

Last edited:
Go on then, another 3:

Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
Belle & Sebastian - Piazza New York Catcher
Proclaimers - Cap in Hand

dibo and WJC1848 you both have quality taste. One of my favourites too. Thinking back 60 years isnae getting any easier though the first time I heard it was probably by Mantovani my hoose.

BIG G

Mouldy old dough - Lieutenant Pigeon.

And, of course, Apache - The Shadows.

Green Onions - Booker T and the MG's

Soul Limbo - Booker T and the MG's for those that like cricket

6 by 6 - Earl Van Dyke

Midnight Cowboy - John Barry
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream

Green Onions - Booker T and the MG's

Soul Limbo - Booker T and the MG's for those that like cricket

6 by 6 - Earl Van Dyke
Was in a band years ago, we used to do soul limbo.

On the back of Film 72/3 etc I decided to investigate the Billy Taylor trio further.I went to Virgin who at the time had a decent Jazz section but couldn’t find him in the racks so asked the guy who was knowledgable.Billy has a few Cd’s out but a few have been discontinued.Thats because although a brilliant pianist much in the style of Teddy Wilson he is more noted as a music tutor at Julliard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to send away for his Cd’s

I’m allowed another 3?Ok Gladys Knight and the Pips Midnight Train to Georgia,Culture,Natty Dread Taking Over and Joy Division Atmosphere.

Jacqueline de Pre - Elgar's cello concerto 1st movement. Schubert 9th Symphony. Horizon - Jon & Vangellis. Sitting back on a reclining chair with quality headphones. Feck bad days, chill.

Weirdly I’ve been playing a lot of Simon and Garfunkel this last week or so, and Sound of Silence would definitely be in my current top 3. I found a YouTube video of the song by Disturbed which I thought was brilliant. Made the missus watch it. She wasn’t so impressed and just watched in silence then left the room muttering ‘aye, disturbed right enough’.

That Disturbed version is terrific. I first heard it when it was played at the end of some US cop show when one of the goodies had been killed. I prefer that to the S&G version to be honest.

Every time I go to put down my 3 I see what someone else has put and think " shit! I forgot about that one " . I agree with Sir Shrinks appraisal of Disturbed. Much as Simon and Garfunkels version was brilliant IMO Disturbed's is better. Not very often I say that about a cover.

I’m allowed another 3?Ok Gladys Knight and the Pips Midnight Train to Georgia,Culture,Natty Dread Taking Over and Joy Division Atmosphere.

nice pics .I'm having 3 more too.
Carmel..bad day
Ruts..jah war
Cult..revolution

Midnight in Harlem - Tedeschi Trucks
Binary Sunset - John Williams
Clare De Lune -Debussy

Theme for great cities - simple minds
Contact-daft punk
James Bond theme -John Barry

Constantine

Theme for great cities - simple minds
Contact-daft punk
James Bond theme -John Barry
Midnight cowboy was another barry classic

The King : Don't

BIG G
Such a brilliant, brilliant song!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Far too hard, but...

- Anything by Otis Redding

- Anything by the Jam

- Anything by Toots and the Maytals

Well that's today anyway but none of them would ever be far from my top selection.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Ah well, here's today's 3 favourites. No 1 will never change, 2 and 3 will probably be different tomorrow.
Sunshine on Leith.
Rock'n'roll doctor -- little feat
Soap on a rope -- chickenfoot

Today's 3
Young american-Bowie.
Sister europe-Psychedelic furs.
Dont breath out-Roots Manuva.

In the beginning there was my Fathers record collection, loved when every one went out and the music was all mine. Three I loved singing along to. Matt Munro, Walk Away. Brooke Benton, Thank You Pretty Baby. All Martino, Here in My Heart. B side was I Cried Myself to Sleep. I was better than all these singers, even with a hair brush as a microphone.

White Man in Hammersmith Palais -The Clash
insomnia- Faithless
Heroes- David Bowie

This thread has been viewed 7403 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back