Best 3 songs

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
On the back of the best 3 concerts thread, let’s go for your fav 3 songs of all time.
Michange weekly as I’m sure yours do but go wi the gut.
I’m a lyric guy, others will have different thoughts.
Mine tonight...

bruce Springsteen- thunder road
An untouchable for me. My fav songs ever.

Deacon Blue- ship called dignity.

Simon Garfunkel- sound of silence.

Unbelievably nothing by my main man Bowie 😱

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
Weirdly I’ve been playing a lot of Simon and Garfunkel this last week or so, and Sound of Silence would definitely be in my current top 3. I found a YouTube video of the song by Disturbed which I thought was brilliant. Made the missus watch it. She wasn’t so impressed and just watched in silence then left the room muttering ‘aye, disturbed right enough’.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
At this juncture.....

My old school. - Steely Dan.

Gods Comic.- Elvis Costello.

House Where Nobody Lives.- Tom Waits.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Hugely difficult choice, however I have decided to go for two songs, one each from my two musical heroes Bruce Springsteen and the Beatles. The third choice was extremely difficult and I was tempted to put in a Bob Dylan song (possibly Desolation Row or Chimes of Freedom), but decided to go for a song which for me is just so uplifting and timeless it had to be there; So here we go;

Jungleland; Bruce Springsteen- I could have chosen any one of many, many songs from my all time music idol, but decided to go for this masterpiece. Nine minutes long, it's more a rock opera than a song. Incredibly cinematic. For me it shows the man's brilliance as a storyteller as do so many of his songs, but it's the quality of the music, the arrangement, the power, the story, the drama, the amazing Clarence Clemons sax solo..everything. To think the guy put all this together when he was only 23 years old. Mindblowing.

Here, there and Everywhere; The Beatles- Paul McCartney said this was the most complete song he ever wrote. George Martin said it was his favourite McCartney song from the Beatles era. I agree with them. Beautifully put together by the master melody man. Lovely simple words which say everything a love song should say. The melody, arrangement, harmonies. Just McCartney at his brilliant best and at the peak of his creativity.

Bridge over Troubled Water; Simon and Garfunkel- How many times has this jewel of a song been covered ? Lyrically brilliant and incredibly moving, arrangement first class, lovely melody. Paul Simon was truly one of the great songwriters of our time. For me this was his best song and in my opinion one of the best songs ever.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Weirdly I’ve been playing a lot of Simon and Garfunkel this last week or so, and Sound of Silence would definitely be in my current top 3. I found a YouTube video of the song by Disturbed which I thought was brilliant. Made the missus watch it. She wasn’t so impressed and just watched in silence then left the room muttering ‘aye, disturbed right enough’.
Guys some singer eh? There’s a few versions of SoS on YouTube.

Green tinted specs

Bounce Radge
Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd. London Calling- The Clash
Solid Air- John Martyn. The Rocker(live)- Thin Lizzy
Adagio for Strings-Samuel Barber. Hells Bells- AC/DC.
All above when in Mellow Mode. All above in Livelier Mode.

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
Ooooft that's tough, doesn't even let you cover all the genres you like.

Totally off the top of my head:

Generation X - Dancing With Myself
Pulp - Common People
NWA - Fuck the Police

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£41.24