• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Bargains...

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Do you think there are any bargain buys in the lower leagues that could do a job for us ?

Ive heard we are after Linn of Peterhead, surely we must be aiming for better.

beefy said:

He has played at a higher level already and is playing very well by all accounts :dunno:

blue toon hibby said:
He has played at a higher level already and is playing very well by all accounts :dunno:
He is scoring goals but his higher level experience was with dundee, say no more:wink: I think Simon Lappin of St.Mirren is one we could look at.

:bbb: Aye my big step laddie KEVIN HAYNES from Berwick Rangers.. Hibs daft ... gifted striker.. a bit in the Gary Oconnor mould.. Powerful and holds the ball up well too. Got his fair share of league goals too.:thumbgrin

beefy said:

Bobby Linn is the kind of player i think would flourish under the present management at ER.:hmmm
He has pace, good with both feet & scores goals.
Someone we could take a chance on maybe.:dunno:
If TM reckons he can do a job then thats fine by me.:thumbgrin

Not Lower league but lesser team i think Ian Black from I.C.T could do a job for us!

hibbymick said:
:bbb: Aye my big step laddie KEVIN HAYNES from Berwick Rangers.. Hibs daft ... gifted striker.. a bit in the Gary Oconnor mould.. Powerful and holds the ball up well too. Got his fair share of league goals too.:thumbgrin

My mates a big berwick fan. Says he's a real tank :boxing: :boxing: who's that defender they have that's apparently a real animal :boxing:

greencol said:
If TM reckons he can do a job then thats fine by me.:thumbgrin

IMO, that ultimately, is all that matters.

beefy said:
He is scoring goals but his higher level experience was with dundee, say no more:wink: I think Simon Lappin of St.Mirren is one we could look at.

I seem to remember a certain Mr Wright came from Dundee :dunno:

The winger Coccarain(SP?) of St Mirren is a superb wee player.:thumbgrin

CockenzieHibee said:
My mates a big berwick fan. Says he's a real tank :boxing: :boxing: who's that defender they have that's apparently a real animal :boxing:
:rollfloor ..:boxing: One of the best things thats happened to Berwick this season..He is idolised by the Berwick fans what i have seen.. Top league goal scorer.. NEVER hides in a game.. where a LOT of them DO The player you refer to is Mark Cowan i think.. now there IS a tank:bbb:

blue toon hibby said:
I seem to remember a certain Mr Wright came from Dundee :dunno:
I stand corrected,Keith was a hero of mine.I would like to see players from Scottish lower leagues getting more chances but i wont hold my breath.

hibbymick said:

i know kevin and i know wat you mean, hes a big strong players, powerful on the ball he'd be good for us!!

Eddie Malone from Clyde could be a tremendous player for us. Hibs mad, trained with Mixu in his St Johnstone days, and put Celtic out of the cup.

beefy said:

What like Ivan Sproule from Institute ? Surely we should have been aiming for better than that at the time :dunno:

If you see my point ?

Mogga can turn no bad players into quality, with the exception of Konte :rollfloor

were we not linked with linn last season

There are a couple of players in the Australian A League we should look at Michael Beauchamp a good defender been called up to the Aussie squad and currently trialling with Nuremberg in Germany . Better players than McDonald Motherwell & Mc Breen Falkirk running around in the Aussie League

doctor goals, kenny duecher???

replacement for deek

jakey boy said:
doctor goals, kenny duecher???

replacement for deek

Big strong guy with a great goalscoring record albeit in divisions 2 & 3.
I thought he might struggle in the 2nd division but as the scoring charts will show he most certainly has not.
Last i looked he was the divisions top scorer.No mean feat considering Gretna have a big squad which has meant some player rotation.:hmmm

Weren't we looking at a guy that was scoring goals for fun in N.Ireland? I think his name was something Thomson.

andy sproule or eddie malone

hibbymick said:
i know kevin and i know hes a good player as ive seen him quite a few times when he played at the pitz in porty!hes obviously improved since then , i think hibs would do good with him as part of there team!!

23 years a hibee! said:
Eddie Malone from Clyde could be a tremendous player for us. Hibs mad, trained with Mixu in his St Johnstone days, and put Celtic out of the cup.

Clyde match captain now. He'd lose a limb for Hibs oan the park. He'll play for Hibs at some point. Hopefully a few more Auggie boys will anaw.

Stewart kean and John Sutton are class strikers a would love to see one or two of them at ER they both have great scoring records, And a also like that young dundee midfielder Kevin McDonald who is very highly rated.:bbb:

he aint in the lower leagues but he is out of contract in the summer so a've heard!! big russel andreson!! fill in Caldwells boots :dunno: :dunno:

Malone, Bryson and Brighton from Clyde

that wee irish guy from Livi.....Hoolihan or something

John Sutton and Corcoran from St Mirren

:thumbgrin

Paul Gallagher from Norwich he is allowed to talk to other clubs without a transfer fee having to be paid for him.

Last edited:
Postiga said:
Paul Gllagher from Nowrichm he is allowed to talk to other clubs without a transfer fee having to be paid for him.
Now he is a keeper that could do a job for us.He was good when he was up here,but sadly didnt work out when he chased the cash down south.

beefy said:
Now he is a keeper that could do a job for us.He was good when he was up here,but sadly didnt work out when he chased the cash down south.

Definetly, would take him back up scotland in a second.

hibee_chick1985 said:
i know kevin and i know wat you mean, hes a big strong players, powerful on the ball he'd be good for us!!
:thumbgrin Glad you agree.. He started with Lochend BC then Leith Athletic, Tranent, Lothian Thistle, Dunbar United now Berwick Rangers.. Top scorer at every club! Thats my boy. I might be biased BUT i do believe he could do a great job at Hibs under the guidance of super Tony and Mark...:bbb:

23 years a hibee! said:

he's the one from Currie. Still drinks in the Riccie Arms from what i hear:hmmm

Postiga said:
Paul Gallagher from Norwich he is allowed to talk to other clubs without a transfer fee having to be paid for him.

Thought he was a great keeper when he was in scotland. Think he could do a good job in goals for us.:thumbgrin

CadgeMac said:
no:tuttut: hes not from currie, hes from spylaw way and went to juniper green mates with gerards brother

Whae? Edster? nut. He went to St.Cuthberts primary and Auggies Secondary.

hibbymick said:
:thumbgrin Glad you agree.. He started with Lochend BC then Leith Athletic, Tranent, Lothian Thistle, Dunbar United now Berwick Rangers.. Top scorer at every club! Thats my boy. I might be biased BUT i do believe he could do a great job at Hibs under the guidance of super Tony and Mark...:bbb:

ma laddie played wi him at dunbar, he,s a big strong laddie right enough...btw, is that southouse in yer avatar pic?

CadgeMac said:
wasnt sure about primary, thought he went to juni as his mates all went to juni:dunno:

went to StCuthberts. Won the ESPC cup there, then the Scottish for the Auggie boys 3 years ago :thumbgrin. Ken aw this cause am mates wae um.
Fanatical Hibby :yeah:

hibbill2002 said:
ma laddie played wi him at dunbar, he,s a big strong laddie right enough...btw, is that southouse in yer avatar pic?

i remember him, from when he played for dunbar. he was a good player. had players like kenny miller, and big mixu in dunbar too, met them both:thumbgrin

a good playa we could sign is roy loy he is young and full of confidance i think he plays with killie

hibbill2002 said:
:thumbgrin Whats your laddies name? Yes that is Southouse in the background.. Lived there when i was a boy..:bbb:

Cal_Hibby_4_Life said:
i remember him, from when he played for dunbar. he was a good player. had players like kenny miller, and big mixu in dunbar too, met them both:thumbgrin
:thumbgrin Thanks for that. My laddie told me that there was a total of SEVEN away fans that travelled to see Berwick away to Elgin City mid week.. Now thats dedication!!:bbb:

This thread has been viewed 4164 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back