Anyone following the Sturgeon v Salmond shenanigans

Do you think Sturgeon should resign

• No, she's nothing to resign for

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • No, she's really popular even if she had done something we can overlook it

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Yes, although her breaches of the ministerial code were trivial rules are rules

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yes, the manoeuvres of the first minister and her allies have brought shame on the parliament

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Well there’s 8 hours anyone watching that winnae get back. What a loadi Tam Kite. What happens now? Does the committee find the FM guilty and stick her in Cornton Vale?

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Dafuq is Margaret Mitchell trying to say?? Reminds me of that balloon that was defending Trump at the impeachment trial, complete word salad.

Watching Linda Fabiani trying to get her to shut her gob because she was waffling on and on ....... confusing herself and everyone else was cringeworthy.

The woman is clearly a halfwit.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Watching Linda Fabiani trying to get her to shut her gob because she was waffling on and on ..... confusing herself and everyone else was cringeworthy.

The woman is clearly a halfwit.
LF: Chop chop with your question Mags, it's 3 minutes to 5 and I want to get away for my tea.

MM: Don't know if I can do this quickly, the things I'm about to say really get to the heart of the matter in the most profound way.

LF: Well get on with it then

MM: ***Random assemblage of words, non words and odd noises in no discernible order whatsoever***

moathibby

Legendary Radge
A Plague on both their houses. A fat misogynistic sleazebag and a lying careerist. On saying that I still believe in Indy and so I have joined a new movement called Now Scotland, a coming together of Indy minded individuals.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
A Plague on both their houses. A fat misogynistic sleazebag and a lying careerist. On saying that I still believe in Indy and so I have joined a new movement called Now Scotland, a coming together of Indy minded individuals.
Me too, snp membership won’t be renewed in June unless something fundamental changes there.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Latest news is 40 thousand have left the SNP,people are beginning to wake up.
Where are you seeing that Moaty?

I'm asking because a poster across the road suggested they're climbing. I looked up Google and its suggesting 125ķ as of January up 2,000 in the last couple of years.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I'm more confused than ever.
NS appears to be getting accused of chatting to AS and trying to see if there was anyway should could help out her old pal , and attempting to brush it under the carpet.

NS is accused of a witch hunt against NS???

It was the procurator fiscal who decided an offence needed to be judged in court. What exactly is the horrendous crime NS has commited?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
What I can tell about memberships:

It was 30k around the time of the referendum in September 2014. By the time Salmond stood down it had climbed to 93k.

In the aftermath of the Brexit vote that climbed to 125k+ which was the last official figure in 2018. Since then the snp have been less than forthcoming with membership figures, so there is no longer an official figure.

However there have been informed figures from insiders that the current membership is 70,000-80,000. This is still a massive number, but is an enormous drop in membership.

Of course the snp could come out and state what the figure is and put an end to the speculation.

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Does anyone think there's room for two or more bona fide independence parties?

The SNP has always been a bit of an odd political cabal in my opinion with a broad spectrum of political views. Its been referred to as the Tartan Tories in the distant past then a huge influx of new members a few years ago saw that well and truly gubbed.

Holding together such a diverse range of views has been some achievement in itself and I'm surprised the unity has been so strong - up till now.

Trust that wee fat egotistical jambo to blow that out the water. He was not guilty of all the charges laid against him but his character type was never going to do the cause any good once the inevitable revelations broke.
I was just saying this to someone the other day. Another independent party is probably a good option.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I was just saying this to someone the other day. Another independent party is probably a good option.
I've been thinking about this a wee bit more and the more sense it makes.

Think about the news.

The SNP make some comment on independence. The report will then get the views of the Torys, unionist, Labour, unionist, Libdem, unionist. Without any apparent bias we've been fed 1 independence view and 3 unionist views giving the impression there more unionists out there. Same works in reverse.

Its the same whatever political TV stuff you're watching.

At least with a credible second independence party this might be evened up a bit.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I think a list only indy party is probably inevitable given the current division in the snp that has taken hold in the last couple of years.

But this goes back to the whole split in the snp in 1979 and the 79 group - fundamentalists v gradualists.

I also think a new indy party would get taken apart by political commentators without some competent people and clear strategy. But, on the flip of that they would only need around a 10% to win 15 seats, seats that are currently impossible for the snp to win.

There's a lot of chatter that the Salmond may link up with one of the parties; I can't see it - he's snp and I think the intimation today that he's going after Liz Lloyd - Sturgeons COS suggests he has unfinished business to resolve.

Admin
I think a list only indy party is probably inevitable given the current division in the snp that has taken hold in the last couple of years.

But this goes back to the whole split in the snp in 1979 and the 79 group - fundamentalists v gradualists.

I also think a new indy party would get taken apart by political commentators without some competent people and clear strategy. But, on the flip of that they would only need around a 10% to win 15 seats, seats that are currently impossible for the snp to win.

There's a lot of chatter that the Salmond may link up with one of the parties; I can't see it - he's snp and I think the intimation today that he's going after Liz Lloyd - Sturgeons COS suggests he has unfinished business to resolve.

If he is involved, that party would not get my second vote. I am sure there are many Salmond/ Cherry/ McAskill supporters will say the opposite. Only one winner here..... the union.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
If he is involved, that party would not get my second vote. I am sure there are many Salmond/ Cherry/ McAskill supporters will say the opposite. Only one winner here..... the union.
A common theme, across all the divided factions, is the suspicion of unionist infiltration like a cancer at the heart of the the independence movement.

Are they all wrong?

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts