Anyone following the Sturgeon v Salmond shenanigans

Do you think Sturgeon should resign

• No, she's nothing to resign for

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • No, she's really popular even if she had done something we can overlook it

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Yes, although her breaches of the ministerial code were trivial rules are rules

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yes, the manoeuvres of the first minister and her allies have brought shame on the parliament

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

davhfc

Just A Radge
Had it on, whilst i was working.

When Alex Cole Hamilton came on in the first bit i thought the channel had changed and i was listening to law and order :lauff:

I don't think Salmond will be writing a letter in a day or so to correct some of the evidence he has given today..

Just seen this letter, looks like the they want the rest of the documents that are being held back
https://www.parliament.scot/HarassmentComplaintsCommittee/General documents/Minute.doc.pdf

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Does anyone think there's room for two or more bona fide independence parties?

The SNP has always been a bit of an odd political cabal in my opinion with a broad spectrum of political views. Its been referred to as the Tartan Tories in the distant past then a huge influx of new members a few years ago saw that well and truly gubbed.

Holding together such a diverse range of views has been some achievement in itself and I'm surprised the unity has been so strong - up till now.

Trust that wee fat egotistical jambo to blow that out the water. He was not guilty of all the charges laid against him but his character type was never going to do the cause any good once the inevitable revelations broke.

Yes, would be good to have more credible independence supporting parties. I actually think it would be good to have a right of centre independence supporting Party. Seems weird that they all vote to have as little power in their own country as possible.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Yes, would be good to have more credible independence supporting parties. I actually think it would be good to have a right of centre independence supporting Party. Seems weird that they all vote to have as little power in their own country as possible.
If Scottish people are further left than English what would be the benefit of independence to a right of centre party?

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
My thinking was that some might realise they could make more money and have more power.
I'm not a fan of national exceptionalism but it appears to me it's much easier to bury scandal and milk cash out of the English than it is the Scots. We seem to be having a forensic enquiry into "he said she said" whilst they're chucking billions at their pals with gay abandon down south with nary a raised eyebrow. So I'd suggest if they want to clamber aboard the gravy train the UK is a better option than an independent Scotland.

FTJT

Well-Known Radge
I've got to admit I've been a little puzzled by the narrative that he's doing all this for his ego and if he cared about indy he'd leave it alone.

His claim essentially is that the first minister - along with the head of the crown office and a large chunk of the senior civil service - was party to a criminal conspiracy to fit up and imprison a political opponent on rape charges.

That's not a wee tiff. Whatever the motivations underpinning it, if his account of events is even broadly true this is banana republic stuff and a huge scandal. Of course Nicola should get her jotters if this is the case (which I'm inclined to think it is, at least substantially)

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I actually thought that's where the SNP were and was thinking the gap in the electoral market was to the left!

I know there's been a lot of policies that have been left leaning but I see them as being reactionary to the way further to the right Westminster imposed policies.

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
His claim essentially is that the first minister - along with the head of the crown office and a large chunk of the senior civil service - was party to a criminal conspiracy to fit up and imprison a political opponent on rape charges.
What I can't understand about this arguement is that, by the time the allegations came out, he was already yesterday's man.There was no need for anyone to fit him up.
The fault, imo, lies with the Procurator Fiscal's office for bringing a weak case against him but, given the spirit of the times and similar high profile cases, they probably felt damned if they did and damned if they didn't.
Alex has already been given a wadge of cash. He should put a pound of flesh out of his head.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I'm not a fan of national exceptionalism but it appears to me it's much easier to bury scandal and milk cash out of the English than it is the Scots. We seem to be having a forensic enquiry into "he said she said" whilst they're chucking billions at their pals with gay abandon down south with nary a raised eyebrow. So I'd suggest if they want to clamber aboard the gravy train the UK is a better option than an independent Scotland.
Good Law Project are going after them, with some success too

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Good Law Project are going after them, with some success too

Yeah but even after last week's court case win Hancock managed to just go on telly and make out it was all a storm in a teacup and just about publishing contracts a couple of weeks late.

The cost limiting order they won is encouraging though, hopefully there'll be some clearer findings on corruption in the next case. Will it matter though? People see what they want to see.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
There's two sides too every story, Yoons appear to have Nicola guilty before she's even spoke a word in front of the committee, Salmond never actually provided any evidence in front of the committee of this supposed conspiring it seems more 'his word' more than anything else until documents are allowed to be observed
1- if they request the documents the truth comes out and this unsavoury matter is finally closed.
2- if they don't request the documents the inquiry has been deliberately stopped.

Seemed Salmond was directing alot of his anger towards Evans and the civil service of which certain people should resign and then he will move on.

Last edited:

FTJT

Well-Known Radge
What I can't understand about this arguement is that, by the time the allegations came out, he was already yesterday's man.There was no need for anyone to fit him up.
The fault, imo, lies with the Procurator Fiscal's office for bringing a weak case against him but, given the spirit of the times and similar high profile cases, they probably felt damned if they did and damned if they didn't.
Alex has already been given a wadge of cash. He should put a pound of flesh out of his head.
It started with a reasonable attempt to publicly shame him for things he'd actually done in order to shut his mates within the SNP up.

They botched that, and then kept raising the stakes rather than admitting to even small procedural errors to the point of forcing through a facetious criminal case to draw attention away from the failing and perjurious judicial review.

Its the total disregard for the law in order to save face (again, assuming Salmond's claims stack up which i believe they do) that's scary here. Sturgeon may not have been the motivating force but if she was as informed as she seems to have been and kept waving it through, her position is absolutely untenable imo

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: Ā£70.00
Donations so far: Ā£40.00