• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Alan Campbell - Motherwell?

I'd offer £350,000 plus Mallan, or Hallberg with add ons. Even £350,000 with add ons is better long-term than a half million with no add ons. Confident big Ron knows what he's doing.

I'd offer £350,000 plus Mallan, or Hallberg with add ons. Even £350,000 with add ons is better long-term than a half million with no add ons. Confident big Ron knows what he's doing.
Well he wants to take us to the next level which will cost . Win the cup and make a good bit in Europe , spend and attempt similar next year

Yeah entice them with the Mallan honey trap

Who decides on the developement fee ???
That's what I was thinking.

Can't recall having heard of one as expensive as that, although I've maybe not been paying attention.

Who decides on the developement fee ???

It's calculated based on how many years he's been there and what kind of deal they offered him.

The fee is the reason nobody was paying for John McGinn and he was gonna go to America, as the fee doesn't need to be paid.

I think 500k now instead of a percentage on a future transfer is the way to go.
Although they'll still be entitled to something like 10% consolidation fee or something similar.

We can't negotiate that way I think, as he's out of contract.

It's calculated based on how many years he's been there and what kind of deal they offered him.

The fee is the reason nobody was paying for John McGinn and he was gonna go to America, as the fee doesn't need to be paid.

I think 500k now instead of a percentage on a future transfer is the way to go.
Although they'll still be entitled to something like 10% consolidation fee or something similar.
A cup win could probably see us doing this deal

We can't negotiate that way I think, as he's out of contract.

Could probably agree the terms with Motherwell if the player agrees terms. Save it from a tribunal and probably benefit them more long-term.

Could probably agree the terms with Motherwell if the player agrees terms. Save it from a tribunal and probably benefit them more long-term.

I think we could do the mallan play, agree a value and sell for free.
But that would require cooperation from Mallan, but I think future fees etc are off the table.

Which is good for us imo.

I'd like Cole as well.

I also don't think 500k is outwith our realms, provided we get him on a 4/5 year deal and get a chance to sell him in 2ish years.

I like the look of Cole and wouldn’t mind him here next season, if Campbell is out of contract he is not free to sign a contract with another club?

Can Motherwell set the development fee or does someone else?

Last edited:
I think we could do the mallan play, agree a value and sell for free.
But that would require cooperation from Mallan, but I think future fees etc are off the table.

Which is good for us imo.

Personally agree with doing a deal without giving away add ons if we can avoid it. Giving away 20-30% is too much. Rather pay the fee and not give any potential sell on fees away.

I like the look of Cole and wouldn’t mind him here next season, if Campbell is out of contract he is not free to sign a contract with another club?

Can Motherwell set the development fee or does someone else?

I think there's a standard calculation now, stops your bigger clubs refusing to pay and going to tribunals etc. Like we did... with riordan I think?

Motherwell can accept whatever they want, but obviously they want the best deal possible.
Hes a massive player for them and he's turned down their contract.

Free to sign, yes, but they're still entitled to it.

I think there's a standard calculation now, stops your bigger clubs refusing to pay and going to tribunals etc. Like we did... with riordan I think?

Motherwell can accept whatever they want, but obviously they want the best deal possible.
Hes a massive player for them and he's turned down their contract.

Free to sign, yes, but they're still entitled to it.

Wasn’t sure how it works, Cheers

Personally agree with doing a deal without giving away add ons if we can avoid it. Giving away 20-30% is too much. Rather pay the fee and not give any potential sell on fees away.

Me too, even more so as they're already entitled to a cut just for having had him on the books.
500k now, plus 10% later.

There's a bit of maths involved to decide if he'll go for a fee that makes it worthwhile.

But for me, I think of we could get £3m for him say, they would get 800k all in, whereas 30% of the £3m is pretty much £1m
And in that hypothetical future fee, we'd have had to pay something up front as he wouldn't have been available on a free contract. Again pushing that £1m higher.

I think if we believe he's a £3m player in the future, then that £500k sounds like a no brainer? 🤷‍♂️

What's been missing in the past here, like when John Collins wanted to go down this route, is someone close to our finances is prepared to speculate and has the confidence of the sporting team to make a bet like that.

Having seen him play 10-20 times over the last few years I'd say he's good enough to make that bet.

We paid just she of £200,000 for Magennis, Ron will stump up if he sees value in a player.

Anyone know what we offered them for him in January?

Bit peeved if we cant afford that. I suspect though it is also to do with what he wants paid

If he's being touted down south, he'll be getting offers of probably close to £7000 a week. From what I've seen, a half million and that kind of dough, he's not worth it.

Yeah entice them with the Mallan honey trap
Ashame he just doesn't seem to fit with the way Hibs play. Would probably be a cracking player for someone like Dundee Utd or a Murderwell. Can watch his Hibs goals all day, all crackers.

He will go to an English championship or league one club
Money talks

What's been missing in the past here, like when John Collins wanted to go down this route, is someone close to our finances is prepared to speculate and has the confidence of the sporting team to make a bet like that.

Having seen him play 10-20 times over the last few years I'd say he's good enough to make that bet.
Um, I don't know about John Collins. IIRC his record in the transfer market was, shall I say, less than inspiring? Remember 'Ivan Sproule on a motor-bike'? More like my granny on a pedalo.

And the bomb-scare otherwise known as Gatheussi?

Was just leafing through the papers at work today and one of them said millwall are interested

Alan Burrows was on Clyde 1 footy phone in during the week saying they rejected a bid from an English Championship side in January for him. He’ll be off down south

Reactions: Zab
I think a lot will hinge on the cup final if we put in a bid.

I think a lot will hinge on the cup final if we put in a bid.

Was thinking that tae. Not just the financial side but Campbell maybe wanting Europe beyond Christmas to showcase his ability for a better move.

If he is on our radar we will be in for him

What's the fuss over Campbell?
Just been away looking at my websites. No assists for a midfielder? 4 goals, fair enough.
Is he more defensive or..??

Been in here saying he could be worth the money if we can sell him later etc, but going into the numbers, he hasn't been all that, if much of that...

Reactions: Zab
Just been away looking at my websites. No assists for a midfielder? 4 goals, fair enough.

Been in here saying he could be worth the money if we can sell him later etc, but going into the numbers, he hasn't been all that, if much of that...
Didn't he have a really good game against us at ER?

Possibly, but as has been pointed out in many other threads.....our midfield is not very good.
How was he against the huns midfield would probably be a better indicator?

Possibly, but as has been pointed out in many other threads.....our midfield is not very good.
How was he against the huns midfield would probably be a better indicator?
Aye, point taken. Probably quite a lot of midfielders had a good game against us at ER

Fair point. We already have midfielders that don't contribute enough to goals or assists.

Perhaps, I can't actually remember, tv recollection and actually sitting there are 2 completely different things. I can't remember what game was what, genuinely.

I'd argue that Joe Newell and Jackson Irvine have both had really good games against whoever and then had poor games against whoever.
But going by the numbers, Joe Newell has had a far more successful and influential campaign than Campbell.

Not saying he's not a good player, but the reaction towards him doesn't seem justified across the 38 games or whatever and I've obviously not watched enough of him to have a judge myself.

IMG-20210615-WA0005.jpg

Shock horror.

Who's the crim in the mugshot though?

:sm113::grinning-smiley-045:

Eric Morcombe will be pleased.

Good move for him.

Being advertised as the Lanarkshire Kante

Luton is James Collins' current club I think?

Never thought we had any chance for him.

Never thought we had any chance for him.
I suspect we had more chance when I started the thread?

This thread has been viewed 9114 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back