Alan Campbell - Motherwell?

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
I'd offer £350,000 plus Mallan, or Hallberg with add ons. Even £350,000 with add ons is better long-term than a half million with no add ons. Confident big Ron knows what he's doing.
Well he wants to take us to the next level which will cost . Win the cup and make a good bit in Europe , spend and attempt similar next year

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Who decides on the developement fee ???

It's calculated based on how many years he's been there and what kind of deal they offered him.

The fee is the reason nobody was paying for John McGinn and he was gonna go to America, as the fee doesn't need to be paid.

I think 500k now instead of a percentage on a future transfer is the way to go.
Although they'll still be entitled to something like 10% consolidation fee or something similar.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
It's calculated based on how many years he's been there and what kind of deal they offered him.

The fee is the reason nobody was paying for John McGinn and he was gonna go to America, as the fee doesn't need to be paid.

I think 500k now instead of a percentage on a future transfer is the way to go.
Although they'll still be entitled to something like 10% consolidation fee or something similar.
A cup win could probably see us doing this deal

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Could probably agree the terms with Motherwell if the player agrees terms. Save it from a tribunal and probably benefit them more long-term.

I think we could do the mallan play, agree a value and sell for free.
But that would require cooperation from Mallan, but I think future fees etc are off the table.

Which is good for us imo.

The Family

Capital Radge
I'd like Cole as well.

I also don't think 500k is outwith our realms, provided we get him on a 4/5 year deal and get a chance to sell him in 2ish years.

I like the look of Cole and wouldn’t mind him here next season, if Campbell is out of contract he is not free to sign a contract with another club?

Can Motherwell set the development fee or does someone else?

Last edited:

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
I think we could do the mallan play, agree a value and sell for free.
But that would require cooperation from Mallan, but I think future fees etc are off the table.

Which is good for us imo.

Personally agree with doing a deal without giving away add ons if we can avoid it. Giving away 20-30% is too much. Rather pay the fee and not give any potential sell on fees away.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I like the look of Cole and wouldn’t mind him here next season, if Campbell is out of contract he is not free to sign a contract with another club?

Can Motherwell set the development fee or does someone else?

I think there's a standard calculation now, stops your bigger clubs refusing to pay and going to tribunals etc. Like we did... with riordan I think?

Motherwell can accept whatever they want, but obviously they want the best deal possible.
Hes a massive player for them and he's turned down their contract.

Free to sign, yes, but they're still entitled to it.

The Family

Capital Radge
I think there's a standard calculation now, stops your bigger clubs refusing to pay and going to tribunals etc. Like we did... with riordan I think?

Motherwell can accept whatever they want, but obviously they want the best deal possible.
Hes a massive player for them and he's turned down their contract.

Free to sign, yes, but they're still entitled to it.

Wasn’t sure how it works, Cheers

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Personally agree with doing a deal without giving away add ons if we can avoid it. Giving away 20-30% is too much. Rather pay the fee and not give any potential sell on fees away.

Me too, even more so as they're already entitled to a cut just for having had him on the books.
500k now, plus 10% later.

There's a bit of maths involved to decide if he'll go for a fee that makes it worthwhile.

But for me, I think of we could get £3m for him say, they would get 800k all in, whereas 30% of the £3m is pretty much £1m
And in that hypothetical future fee, we'd have had to pay something up front as he wouldn't have been available on a free contract. Again pushing that £1m higher.

I think if we believe he's a £3m player in the future, then that £500k sounds like a no brainer? 🤷‍♂️

Tkraz

Tigers ya Radge!
What's been missing in the past here, like when John Collins wanted to go down this route, is someone close to our finances is prepared to speculate and has the confidence of the sporting team to make a bet like that.

Having seen him play 10-20 times over the last few years I'd say he's good enough to make that bet.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Bit peeved if we cant afford that. I suspect though it is also to do with what he wants paid

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
If he's being touted down south, he'll be getting offers of probably close to £7000 a week. From what I've seen, a half million and that kind of dough, he's not worth it.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Yeah entice them with the Mallan honey trap
Ashame he just doesn't seem to fit with the way Hibs play. Would probably be a cracking player for someone like Dundee Utd or a Murderwell. Can watch his Hibs goals all day, all crackers.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here