Full Time: Aberdeen 2 v 0 Hibernian

moathibby

VIP Member
Registered
Coming up.Since folk now think Ross couldn’t pick his nose,who would you pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Headed Boy

VIP Member
Registered
Marciano

Mackie
Hanlon
Porteous
McGinn

Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Boyle

Doidge
Nisbet

4-4-2

This will be a tough game so I'd like to see a flat back 4 to avoid leaving gaps for the likes of Kennedy to exploit. This why I'd swap Doig for Mackie who impressed me when he came on against Hearts. I'd also like to see Mallan start as he is a threat regardless of any of his shortcomings.

Last edited:

Smurf

VIP Member
Registered
I'd go

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Magennis
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Nisbet
Doidge

Greenmachine

VIP Member
Registered
Aberdeen are better away from home than they are at home. They tend to struggle for goals at Pittodrie and they get an unreal amount of penalties awarded to them, especially late on in games. It's really important to get the first goal against them, and if Hibs do that then we give ourselves a decent chance of winning or at worst drawing. They are a strong, street wise team who know how to play referees for any advantage.

For me, even this early on in the season, we have to win this match if we harbour any thoughts of getting a third place finish.

They have a stronger squad than we do so they will be able to go the distance better than Hibs...hopefully we can strengthen again January to give us a better chance of pipping them for third.

Competing in midfield and winning the battle there is crucial. If we can do that we have a chance. Think it will be a draw though.

1-1.

Smurf

VIP Member
Registered
I think we need Magennis & Murphy two big investments in the team playing and think both will start.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
VIP Member
Registered
Big opportunity for the lad. Let's hope he seizes it!

Mackie has been really unlucky so far with opportunities, and conversely lucky to still be here in a reduced squad as the third left back.

Hope he grasps this chance, as I think he only really needs a run in the team to make the left back spot his own.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
VIP Member
Registered
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Gogic
Newell
Mallan
Murphy

Boyle

Nisbet

I think this is the way to go, but I can't see Ross dropping Nisbet or Doidge. If Nisbet isn't available that might encourage him into a derived formation from 1 up top.

I don't have a problem with 1 up top, especially when we have quick players like Boyle and wide players of the ability of Newell, Murphy and Wright.

Admin
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
I think this is the way to go, but I can't see Ross dropping Nisbet or Doidge. If Nisbet isn't available that might encourage him into a derived formation from 1 up top.

I don't have a problem with 1 up top, especially when we have quick players like Boyle and wide players of the ability of Newell, Murphy and Wright.

That is really why I suggest Doidge is dropped.

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
VIP Member
Registered
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Gogic
Newell
Mallan
Murphy

Boyle

Nisbet
I'd tweak that to 433 and possibly sub mallan for magennis to allow fullbacks to get forward more.... We'd need to ensure Murphy and Boyle push up and don't isolate Nisbet as well....2 big men up top is a nice option to have but on recent evidence quite limited imo

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk

Admin
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
I'd tweak that to 433 and possibly sub mallan for magennis to allow fullbacks to get forward more.... We'd need to ensure Murphy and Boyle push up and don't isolate Nisbet as well....2 big men up top is a nice option to have but on recent evidence quite limited imo

Sent from my Nokia 5.3 using Tapatalk

Cripes have I just stepped back in time, good to see you back on the bounce!

AG1337

VIP Member
Registered
I think Doidge could be a big impact player from the bench for the second half, or the last half hour.
I can see why folk might want Doidge dropped but like Boyle, I would stick with him.

I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. Yes his job is to score and on that front he ain’t consistent but he did get 18 last season after a very shaky start to his Hibs career.
He causes bother, wins balls in the air and puts in a hard shift every game.

I don’t disagree with your views though, he could be an impact player from the bench, I just think he brings attributes we haven’t had for a long time.

Hectorhib

VIP Member
Registered
I can see why folk might want Doidge dropped but like Boyle, I would stick with him.

I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. Yes his job is to score and on that front he ain’t consistent but he did get 18 last season after a very shaky start to his Hibs career.

I don’t disagree with your views though, he could be an impact player from the bench, I just think he brings attributes we haven’t had for a long time.
And his overhead kick was sublime snd deserved to be rewarded with a goal

daveythehibby

Registered

I totally agree, i would stick with Boyle. He looks a little short of confidence at the moment but i'd give him a little longer. Aberdeen will be tough though and he needs a performance.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks