• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

A quick hello from Hibs new content team

benjacobs

Hibernian Official
Reaction score
Evening Hibees!

I just wanted to join this forum and say a quick hello from your brand new content team at Hibs.

My name is Ben Jacobs. I am head of communications and content at the club. We have also appointed Adam Tomlinson (communications manager) and Mathew Newton (digital lead).

I hope you have noticed a positive change in our style and volume of content since pre-season started. We have relaunched the programme and some social graphics and are now offering more website content and in-game video updates. We will expand these areas, as well as the video on Hibs TV, over the coming season.

I am really keen to connect with as many of you as possible since it's important we get feedback from you. Feel free to email me via bjacobs@hibernianfc.co.uk and I will check this board from time to time.

We are really keen as a team to tell more fan-led stories, so please reach out if you'd like to feature or believe the club should be telling your story.

Excited to welcome you all back to Easter Road and I hope those of you who got down for Arsenal enjoyed the win!

Best,

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Ben, good to have you on board.

If you've got anything to do with the tannoy. It was a vast improvement. If not then it was still a vast improvement.

@Jamie should be moved to main board to obtain more feedback?

Hi

I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback here.

You might want to post on hibs.net as well :22:

@Jamie should be moved to main board to obtain more feedback?

Done, and welcome to the bounce, we are happy to talk.

Good luck Ben !

Welcome Ben. It's good to see you here.
You've been doing some great stuff, btw

Welcome to the Numero Uno Hibs Forum Ben.

Hello Ben.

4C4F643C-3E69-458D-B5D2-23B6C653BBDD.gif

Welcome to the Bounce

Content this summer has been excellent. Communications needs improvement. Lots of potential if it happens.

Good luck.

Reactions: Zab
Content this summer has been excellent. Communications needs improvement. Lots of potential if it happens.

Good luck.
What areas of communications would you like us to focus more on?

I fully appreciate fans want to know when they can return to Easter Road or what limited numbers we can allow inside the stadium until then. And we are working with the appropriate authorities to bring you an update on that as soon as we can.

Feel free to email me any thoughts of other areas you feel we need to improve on since all fan feedback is valued and will be factored in to our approach.

I fully appreciate fans want to know when they can return to Easter Road or what limited numbers we can allow inside the stadium until then. And we are working with the appropriate authorities to bring you an update on that as soon as we can.

Feel free to email me any thoughts of other areas you feel we need to improve on since all fan feedback is valued and will be factored in to our approach.
Not sure how representative I am of the Hibs support but the truth is I get all of my Hibs content either from here or from Twitter posts (and I don't even really need to look at Twitter as @PILTONSTANY puts all the good stuff on here!). I tend not to click through any Twitter posts to the linked content and I've not looked at any of the digital programmes that I've been sent (I think 280 characters might be the limit of my attention span...). However I'm now thinking that's a bit daft on my part so I'm going to make a point of looking at your team's output. Might be interesting to find out how many others are similar to me though, and work out how to get them engaged.

Ps I don't know what an RSS feed is exactly but I anticipate that @Jamie will be along in due course to ask for them to be sorted - it seems to have been a bugbear for a long time!

Not sure how representative I am of the Hibs support but the truth is I get all of my Hibs content either from here or from Twitter posts (and I don't even really need to look at Twitter as @PILTONSTANY puts all the good stuff on here!). I tend not to click through any Twitter posts to the linked content and I've not looked at any of the digital programmes that I've been sent (I think 280 characters might be the limit of my attention span...). However I'm now thinking that's a bit daft on my part so I'm going to make a point of looking at your team's output. Might be interesting to find out how many others are similar to me though, and work out how to get them engaged.

Ps I don't know what an RSS feed is exactly but I anticipate that @Jamie will be along in due course to ask for them to be sorted - it seems to have been a bugbear for a long time!

I should also be taken into consideration that there are possibly thousands like myself who do not nor intend to use Twitter or Facebook.

As your uncle David Jacobs would have said, I hope your team are a big Hit and don't Miss opportunities out there.

Best of luck in the new gig Ben.

BIG G

Last edited:
Hi

I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback here.

You might want to post on hibs.net as well :22:
Mair feedback than Jimmy Hendrix over our tannoy.

Welcome to the bounce ben ya radge.:xyes:

Great touch with the Sako on the jersey pic on the soc media just before we pumped the gooners :50:

Hi Ben, as one of the Bounce admins, I would suggest we need a chat about the RSS feeds. We are happy to back the club with their ideas, promotions etc, but the club need to respond in kind, we don't charge, we don't delete, we try not ban users and we are open minded about working with you guys. We currently have a place for all club info, we think it could be so much batter presented. See here:

Welcome.

if you can sort out the content on the park then we’ll get along just fine.

if you need any advice on where you’re going wrong you’ve come to the right place.

if you were responsible for binning Tanner for Donnelly then you’re doing a grand job.

And if you need any stats and historical help I’m sure you’ve seen ihibs.

anything else I can help with please ask 👍🏼

There was an excellent montage on Twitter showing all the goals plus an interview with Jack Ross and Christian Doidge from the Raith game.✅

This was produced in a very professional manner showing a clever angle and slow motion on one of the goals and it was very refreshing to have all this together in one place rather than as three separate items.

There was also plenty "still" updates throughout the match which made you feel as if you were listening/watching the match.✅

Hibs Twitter account is broadcasting to 92,000 followers and historically is criminally underused and very bland and if the content was to be of this improved standard then over 100,000 followers would be an important milestone to target.👍✅

My only gripe apart from the sychophantic "Phillip Windsor" Tweet from a few months back which may have been from the old regime to be fair 😥 is your frequent use of the Sunday name "Hibernian".

This broadcast as well as others is littered with "us", "we" as all the communications team even though they are club employees are also very rightly trying to identify as fans of the club as well.💚.✅

However Hibs fans never use "Hibernian" in conversation. Its always just "Hibs", "The Hibees", "The Hibbies" or "The Cabbage" (and Ribs) so dropping the Sunday name would help your broadcasts flow more naturally.

Suggestions for the future would be some humour, behind the scenes training footage, better graphics on goal updates such as cartoons of players and what about some fan/bam post match feedback as fans don't need to toe the party line the way club employees are forced to.

Good luck and many thanks to all of you as its been a fine and refreshing start.👍✅

Last edited:
There was an excellent montage on Twitter showing all the goals plus an interview with Jack Ross and Christian Doidge from the Raith game.✅

This was produced in a very professional showing a clever angle and slow motion on one of the goals and it was very refreshing to have all this together in one place rather than as three separate items.

There was also plenty "still" updates throughout the match which made you feel as if you were listening/watching the match.✅

Hibs Twitter account is broadcasting to 92,000 followers and historically is criminally underused and very bland and if the content was to be of this improved standard then over 100,000 followers would be an important milestone to target.👍✅

My only gripe apart from the sychophantic "Phillip Windsor" Tweet from a few months back which may have been the old regime to be fair 😥 is your frequent use of the Sunday name "Hibernian".

This broadcast as well as others is littered with "us", "we" as all the communications team even though they are employees are very rightly also trying to identify as fans of the club as well.💚.✅

However Hibs fans never use "Hibernian" in conversation. Its always just "Hibs", "The Hibees" or "The Cabbage" (and Ribs) so dropping the Sunday name would help your broadcasts flow more naturally.

Suggestions for the future would be some humour, behind the scenes footage, better graphics on goal updates such as cartoons of players and what about some fan/bam post match feedback as fans don't need to toe the party line the way club employees are forced to.

Good luck and many thanks to all of you as its been a fine and refreshing start.👍✅

Agree with everything there except the Hibs/Hibernian thing. I like when the club, and those representing it, refers to club by its proper name (except maybe during commentary when it’s a bit too long).

Thank you for the reply.

Communications from the club has historically been dreadfully poor. I'll give you an example. We were told that the club had reached agreement on the Famous Five stand being leased out to NHS Lothian. Lots of speculation. Months pass and nothing is said. Now I appreciate that there will be commercial sensitivities but the plans could have been much better communicated.

Last night I was telling a Hibs supporting member of my family about the huge catering improvements coming this season. He doesn't use this forum just various Facebook pages and he knew nothing about it.

I think these exciting developments could be much better communicated.

The pitch looks superb. Again many of us would be interested in what's happened this close season to the pitch. It's obviously been the recipient of some significant investment. I'd love to hear what they've done. How they'll maintain it. A daft example maybe but a supporter like me is genuinely interested in all that's going on at our club.

Throughout the summer we've actually heard very little from the clubs owner and senior management. I think it's a HUGE missed opportunity. Ron Gordon is an enthusiastic guy with an obvious infectious personality. He should communicate directly with us. I hear he's reluctant to speak to mainstream media outlets. Good! He can communicate with his customer base directly through the many mediums like this forum!

We are all wondering what's happening with the appointment of the CEO. Again I appreciate that there are commercial sensitivities etc around all of that and it's not something you guys can comment on but if the owner/executive chairman is speaking to us....

Thank you for the reply.

Communications from the club has historically been dreadfully poor. I'll give you an example. We were told that the club had reached agreement on the Famous Five stand being leased out to NHS Lothian. Lots of speculation. Months pass and nothing is said. Now I appreciate that there will be commercial sensitivities but the plans could have been much better communicated.

Last night I was telling a Hibs supporting member of my family about the huge catering improvements coming this season. He doesn't use this forum just various Facebook pages and he knew nothing about it.

I think these exciting developments could be much better communicated.

The pitch looks superb. Again many of us would be interested in what's happened this close season to the pitch. It's obviously been the recipient of some significant investment. I'd love to hear what they've done. How they'll maintain it. A daft example maybe but a supporter like me is genuinely interested in all that's going on at our club.

Throughout the summer we've actually heard very little from the clubs owner and senior management. I think it's a HUGE missed opportunity. Ron Gordon is an enthusiastic guy with an obvious infectious personality. He should communicate directly with us. I hear he's reluctant to speak to mainstream media outlets. Good! He can communicate with his customer base directly through the many mediums like this forum!

We are all wondering what's happening with the appointment of the CEO. Again I appreciate that there are commercial sensitivities etc around all of that and it's not something you guys can comment on but if the owner/executive chairman is speaking to us....

All very good examples there. First I knew of the pitch was when I saw it, first I knew the long discussed catering improvements had actually happened was from the Bounce.

I don’t use Twitter or Facebook so the biggest thing for me is that club communications should be going out on all platforms equally - official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, the two fan forums, the official programme (digital and printed), and email.

That’s the best way to spread the message to widest section of the fan base.

I should add that the quality of the content has noticeably improved already, especially the the match updates and post match on Instagram.

All very good examples there. First I knew of the pitch was when I saw it, first I knew the long discussed catering improvements had actually happened was from the Bounce.

I don’t use Twitter or Facebook so the biggest thing for me is that club communications should be going out on all platforms equally - official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, the two fan forums, the official programme (digital and printed), and email.

That’s the best way to spread the message to widest section of the fan base.

I should add that the quality of the content has noticeably improved already, especially the the match updates and post match on Instagram.

I totally agree on all platforms equally.

What is great with these guys Hibs have recruited and are investing in is that if they're given the communications from senior management then they'll use and create excellent content to communicate it, so it's a fantastic opportunity.

And sometimes content can only be good if there's the communication to create it....

As you say the content has noticeably improved. 👍🏻

This was produced in a very professional manner showing a clever angle and slow motion on one of the goals and it was very refreshing to have all this together in one place rather than as three separate items.

My only gripe apart from the sychophantic "Phillip Windsor" Tweet from a few months back which may have been from the old regime to be fair 😥 is your frequent use of the Sunday name "Hibernian".

This broadcast as well as others is littered with "us", "we" as all the communications team even though they are club employees are also very rightly trying to identify as fans of the club as well.💚.✅

However Hibs fans never use "Hibernian" in conversation. Its always just "Hibs", "The Hibees", "The Hibbies" or "The Cabbage" (and Ribs) so dropping the Sunday name would help your broadcasts flow more naturally.

Suggestions for the future would be some humour, behind the scenes training footage, better graphics on goal updates such as cartoons of players and what about some fan/bam post match feedback as fans don't need to toe the party line the way club employees are forced to.

Thanks for the feedback, that's very helpful and all valid points. We are trying to be as conversational and authentic as we can. "We" and "our" are certainly more personable and I want our content to feel like it is talking to not at you.

I think with the name, I'd be interested in wider feedback. Sometimes we'll use the full club name when the content is targeted to a wider audience or we are building the brand away from just the football. But you're absolutely right, we can't lose sight of how you all refer to the club. It's a fine balance and I would appreciate more feedback on this as the season goes along to make sure we are striking the right tone.

customer base
That rips ma knittin 😆 I hate having a client number and all that corporate shit which is good for Marks and Spencer or the gym but that's not how I see myself. If M&S is shut I'll go to Tesco. If Hibs have a blank Saturday I'm not going to rock up at tynecastle!

I am a fan, a supporter, a Hibee! I'm a part owner although my HSL and actual shareholding probably amounts to less than a brick but my/our investment in the club is more than money. We have an emotional attachment to our club, its part of our life.

Thanks for the feedback, that's very helpful and all valid points. We are trying to be as conversational and authentic as we can. "We" and "our" are certainly more personable and I want our content to feel like it is talking to not at you.

I think with the name, I'd be interested in wider feedback. Sometimes we'll use the full club name when the content is targeted to a wider audience or we are building the brand away from just the football. But you're absolutely right, we can't lose sight of how you all refer to the club. It's a fine balance and I would appreciate more feedback on this as the season goes along to make sure we are striking the right tone.
I'm fine with either Hibs, Hibernian or Hibees to refer to the team. Must admit I seem to have started using the "Sunday name" more often in casual conversation, not sure if that's a subconscious influence of you guys using it more (which I hadn't noticed till Sam mentioned it!). I'd never use Hibby / Hibbies to refer to the team, to me Hibby is a supporter, not the team.

Agree with everything there except the Hibs/Hibernian thing. I like when the club, and those representing it, refers to club by its proper name (except maybe during commentary when it’s a bit too long).

Me too.

I'm fine with either Hibs, Hibernian or Hibees to refer to the team. Must admit I seem to have started using the "Sunday name" more often in casual conversation, not sure if that's a subconscious influence of you guys using it more (which I hadn't noticed till Sam mentioned it!). I'd never use Hibby / Hibbies to refer to the team, to me Hibby is a supporter, not the team.

I'm not a fan of Hibby, never have been. I'm a Hibee!

“Hibbies” is more a Tannerism.

If I’m describing a Hibs supporter I’ll say he’s a Hibby, I’m a Hibee.

And before you mention my user name, my mates, when talking about me because one of them is also Billy, and no a Hibby, call me Hibby Billy

We're all Hibees

Quite interested in how everyone sees it now though.
Hibernian and Hibee seem to go together with the hard I.
Hibs and Hibby I guess work the same way.

This 👍

We're all Hibees

Quite interested in how everyone sees it now though.
Hibernian and Hibee seem to go together with the hard I.
Hibs and Hibby I guess work the same way.
Not to be contrary (!) but to me the 'i' in Hibernian is pronounced as in bib, not as in eye. Except in Hibee Hibernian!

Must be easier for the gunts just being called gunts.

That rips ma knittin 😆 I hate having a client number and all that corporate shit which is good for Marks and Spencer or the gym but that's not how I see myself. If M&S is shut I'll go to Tesco. If Hibs have a blank Saturday I'm not going to rock up at tynecastle!

I am a fan, a supporter, a Hibee! I'm a part owner although my HSL and actual shareholding probably amounts to less than a brick but my/our investment in the club is more than money. We have an emotional attachment to our club, its part of our life.
I know. And agree! But that's the reality and why we were charged £26 for Arsenal....

I'm a Hibby. Hibee sounds too feminine to me... 🥰

Not to be contrary (!) but to me the 'i' in Hibernian is pronounced as in bib, not as in eye. Except in Hibee Hibernian!

Must be easier for the gunts just being called gunts.

Oh no, I dunno about that.
Tbf I dunno how Hibernia is pronounced so I could've been wrong my whole life 😬
Sure there's a few songs on the glory glory CD that pronounce us Hi(gh)bernian

I'm a Hibby. Hibee sounds too feminine to me... 🥰

The chant is Hibees, Hibees
Happy Hibee draw
Can mind the Happy Hibby from Tanner pissed a few off on here too. @Doc Shrink I think?

This thread has been viewed 5772 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back