3rd Spot and European Qualification

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Not seen it mentioned here but I’ve read that if we can finish 3rd we go straight into the final playoff for the Europa League group stages which, even if we lose, means we drop into the new UEFA conference league group stages.

So 3rd place effectively guarantees European fitba up until Christmas and a hell of a lot of extra dosh for the club. And a good few potential European jaunts (if permitted) for us fans! ☺️

Zab

Admin
Not seen it mentioned here but I’ve read that if we can finish 3rd we go straight into the final playoff for the Europa League group stages which, even if we lose, means we drop into the new UEFA conference league group stages.

So 3rd place effectively guarantees European fitba up until Christmas and a hell of a lot of extra dosh for the club. And a good few potential European jaunts (if permitted) for us fans! ☺️

I heard them say that on Sportscene last night, I think it depends on if the Scottish Cup.

If the Scottish Cup is not completed, or if it’s won by either of the league sides who finish 1st & 2nd, then 3rd place gets that Europa League play off spot. If not, so let’s say Kilmarnock win the cup, then 3rd would get an earlier entry into Europe.

aggie

Justified Radge
It would be a big income loss if no fans allowed at the games
Was saying to my pal yesterday that it's the most Scottish thing ever to have qualified for an international tournament for the first time in 23 years, and beat England at the egg chasing on their patch for the first time in 38 years, and we couldn't even watch them in the pub and go daft.

Guaranteed Hibs qualify for Europe, get some plum glamour draws, and we won't be allowed to attend.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
It really would be, although the prize money for taking part is significant.
Correct - especially for top whack of making the real Europa league group stage. Last I read from a season or two back it was €2.9m before any points are earned. The later start to our participation would be a result considering how under prepared we normally are for European games.

Massive opportunity this season for 3rd but we need to up our game and consistency levels.

Callumnapier

Just A Radge
Can’t see the Scottish Cup being completed with all football below championship level still off with no plans to bring it back. Will mean the European spot will be given to whoever finishes 3rd. Massively beneficial to us if we do it both financially and if we want to keep players like Irvine, Newell and Rocky

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Can’t see the Scottish Cup being completed with all football below championship level still off with no plans to bring it back. Will mean the European spot will be given to whoever finishes 3rd. Massively beneficial to us if we do it both financially and if we want to keep players like Irvine, Newell and Rocky
There’s only 43 cup matches left to play I reckon of which 12 are second round ties and 16 are third round. That’s 28 games that could be wiped out in a week. Just 15 games after that.

I believe the lower leagues are looking to restart in the next two or three weeks.
We’ve only got 10 league games to go and most of February and March and April to play them. I’ve heard that lower leagues have plans for the reduced league fixtures ready to go, with no penalty provision for clubs who opt not to complete their fixtures.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
4 points clear with a game in hand now after the sheep’s defeat tonight
We are in a good position right now, but there is a long way to go yet.

I expect Aberdeen to get their act together soon, and it will be nip and tuck with them for third place right till the end IMO.

Last edited:

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
4 points clear with a game in hand now after the sheep’s defeat tonight
Our next 2 home games are against the teams bottom and 3rd bottom, hopefully even with our home record we should get good points from them. The final 3 are away.

I reckon we could really consolidate 3rd before the split.

Apparently the sheep were crap tonight.

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
Ehberdeens chairman was saying recently that getting to the European Conference league would be worth between £3million and £4 million.?

That's breathtaking money to clubs like Hibs and Ehberdeen and if by some fluke Hibs got into the Europa League then £4million to £5million.wouldn't be unrealistic.

Keithd1875

Just A Radge
If we continue to get the results we've had so far against the dross in the league this season we should have 3rd place more or less wrapped up before the split. Assuming celtic beat the sheep shagging arseholes again the best they're likely to manage is around the total we have now (less if they continue in their current form) so we've got to try and get at least 10 points out of the 15 remaining pre split which would give us a huge advantage. Their hun BFF's will probably lie down to them post split but can't see them winning that many games post split. On a side note that hornby looked fuckin pish last night big tart if ever I saw one. The ?bastard actually looked far more of a threat

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £00.00

Unread Posts