• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Post Split Top Six Fixtures

It's going to be a unique season that's for sure. Has there been any mention of what is happening with the League Cup for next season ?

The section matches usually start in mid-July so I would have thought we would know of them by now. I would just scrap it for this season and do away with Scottish Cup replays as well.

What all this has shown up yet again is just how much more football is played now compared to years ago.

Agree with that. Or even scrap the group phase of league Cup. Straight knock out and no replays. Deffo no replays in Scottish Cup games.

It's going to be a unique season that's for sure. Has there been any mention of what is happening with the League Cup for next season ?

The section matches usually start in mid-July so I would have thought we would know of them by now. I would just scrap it for this season and do away with Scottish Cup replays as well.

What all this has shown up yet again is just how much more football is played now compared to years ago.
I can't remember exactly what was said about the League Cup but I recall it was made optional (for Premiership and Championship I think?) but the SPFL have confirmed that all Premiership clubs have said they want to participate.

I think fans will be allowed to attend games quicker than many might anticipate.
Not based on anything other that the need to get the economy moving again.

I think fans will be allowed to attend games quicker than many might anticipate.
Not based on anything other that the need to get the economy moving again.
I think that too, they will move faster then we should/expect it too. Wouldn’t be surprised if fans are in by start of October

I am not sure that playing in your own stadium is going to give the home clubs any advantage at all next season when there are no fans there.

As has been pointed out, it is very noticeable that the first Old Firm game has been earmarked for the last week-end in October. The very last week-end of the first round of matches. This will have been done to give them the maximum chance possible of having fans being allowed back into the stadiums by then.

Personally don't think this will be permitted till the end of the year at the very earliest.
Aye, what a coincidence for that tae happen and not long after that Celtic fuck lennon was bangin on about it. Whae'd of thunk it.

I seen the fixture headache proposal last month. League cup is to commence in early October (Participation optional but I believe all clubs are taking part). Competition rounds to be completed between October-January with the final in February.

No firm date for our Scottish Cup Semi final as of yet. Could be late this year or might even stretch passed round 3 & 4 of 20/21 competition. SFA giving it maximum effort to have it played in front of crowds. I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully the first of many Hampden visits this (and last) season.

Holty on Twitter ?
80F524AB-1155-4E49-AFD6-6FD2BD109E7D.jpeg

I seen the fixture headache proposal last month. League cup is to commence in early October (Participation optional but I believe all clubs are taking part). Competition rounds to be completed between October-January with the final in February.

No firm date for our Scottish Cup Semi final as of yet. Could be late this year or might even stretch passed round 3 & 4 of 20/21 competition. SFA giving it maximum effort to have it played in front of crowds. I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully the first of many Hampden visits this (and last) season.
Cannae believe we heard from Doncaster the other day going on aboot fixture congestion yet they are still persisting with this. Should be a straight knockout played tae a finish on the day/night.

Cannae believe we heard from Doncaster the other day going on aboot fixture congestion yet they are still persisting with this. Should be a straight knockout played tae a finish on the day/night.

More exciting for the fans that way too.

League cup - First external confirmation I’ve seen anywhere is here - Scottish transfer window open from 14 July to 5 October

Starts on Tuesday 6th October to align with the lower league teams returning. This is the day after the Scottish transfer window closes (now to then, 12 weeks).

Playing the league cup group stage is daft

We could have helped ourselves

That's a lot of games in such a short space of time

Playing the league cup group stage is daft

We could have helped ourselves

That's a lot of games in such a short space of time

If everyone else is in, then we should be too.
Get a few games against lower league clubs to help build fitness etc.
I doubt we'll take it fully serious, but with only a handful of opportunities to get everyone up to speed it might be necessary long term over the pressure playing the games in the short term.

everyone else is in, then we should be too.
Get a few games against lower league clubs to help build fitness etc.
I doubt we'll take it fully serious, but with only a handful of opportunities to get everyone up to speed it might be necessary long term over the pressure playing the games in the short term.

Indeed. Use the squad and it’s a great chance to see what the youngsters can offer when there will be no alternative competitive games for them to play in.

@Power daft question; have we upgraded Hibs TV to cope with the increase in bandwidth required as a result of all ST holders gaining access to stream games live until fans are allowed back? As, even when streaming was limited to overseas subscribers, it could be known to struggle on match days (though usually was fine TBF).

@Power daft question; have we upgraded Hibs TV to cope with the increase in bandwidth required as a result of all ST holders gaining access to stream games live until fans are allowed back? As, even when streaming was limited to overseas subscribers, it could be known to struggle on match days (though usually was fine TBF).

Not a daft question at all. It will definitely be enhanced to cope with the users - all clubs in the same boat there - the hosting, streaming and broadcasting components of the visual workflow to make this happen goes way over my head so I’ll let the experts in our Comms team bring it to life when we’re updated on this in the next fortnight.

Straightforward ask of - it’s simple to access and the coverage is high quality for supporters - but I know the Club Communications and Marketing teams want to go that extra step further for us.

With all the clubs investing heavily in improving the quality of their own TV platforms will it rekindle the idea of putting together some sort of package similar to that which was discussed a few years ago?

TOP-SIX FIXTURES

Saturday April 10

Celtic v Livingston (3.00pm)
St Johnstone v Aberdeen (3.00pm)

Sunday April 11
Rangers v Hibernian (3.00pm)

Wednesday April 21
Aberdeen v Celtic (7.45pm)
Hibernian v Livingston (7.45pm)
St Johnstone v Rangers (7.45pm)

Saturday May 1
Hibernian v St Johnstone (3.00pm)
Livingston v Aberdeen (3.00pm)

Sunday May 2
Rangers v Celtic (Sky Sports, 12 noon)

Wednesday May 12
Aberdeen v Hibernian (7.45pm)
Celtic v St Johnstone (7.45pm)
Livingston v Rangers (7.45pm)

Saturday May 15
Hibernian v Celtic (12.30pm)
Rangers v Aberdeen (Sky Sports, 12.30pm)
St Johnstone v Livingston (12.30pm)

Away to Ibrox to break their unbeaten run and then home to Livingston & St Johnstone to nail down third

Away to Ibrox to break their unbeaten run and then home to Livingston & St Johnstone to nail down third
As someone who lives out west and is sick of my dog barking its head off every weekend since they "got the 55", I'm hoping we fucking leather them and a load of bangers end up on Facebook marketplace on April 11th.

Good to get the huns game out the road in the first match.

Let's hope we can secure third spot, preferably before we go to Pittodrie.

It's going to be a tough five games and we have to be of the mindset that we have five cup finals ahead of us. We are in a strong position seven points clear of Aberdeen, but with Hibs it's never over till it's over.

FB_IMG_1616434648431.jpg

As long as we win games 2 and 3 we'll be sorted

Why is our game against sevco on the Sunday?

Cannae wait. What a great position for the Hibernians to be in.

BIG G

BIG G

BIG G

Agree, we can only blow it now and I can’t see that. A great season to finish 3rd.

Agree, we can only blow it now and I can’t see that. A great season to finish 3rd.

7 points ahead with 15 left to play for... it’s a great position to be in.

The other Glasgow team is at home on the Saturday

TOP-SIX FIXTURES

Saturday April 10

Celtic v Livingston (3.00pm)
St Johnstone v Aberdeen (3.00pm)

Sunday April 11
Huns v Hibernian (3.00pm)

Wednesday April 21
Aberdeen v Celtic (7.45pm)
Hibernian v Livingston (7.45pm)
St Johnstone v Huns (7.45pm)

Saturday May 1
Hibernian v St Johnstone (3.00pm)
Livingston v Aberdeen (3.00pm)

Sunday May 2
Huns v Celtic (Sky Sports, 12 noon)

Wednesday May 12
Aberdeen v Hibernian (7.45pm)
Celtic v St Johnstone (7.45pm)
Livingston v Huns (7.45pm)

Saturday May 15
Hibernian v Celtic (12.30pm)
Huns v Aberdeen (Sky Sports, 12.30pm)
St Johnstone v Livingston (12.30pm)
11'th April, day after newhoose birthday, day before my birthday, and I suspect roughly when my mum gets her second vaccine.Could be a busy few days.

The other Glasgow team is at home on the Saturday
Seems pointless when there are no fans?

Screenshot_20210323-081952.png

Should this be a concern? The only team in the Top six with a poorer record against the other top six teams is St J...

View attachment 4683

Should this be a concern? The only team in the Top six with a poorer record against the other top six teams is St J...
The biggest concern is what happens in the 3 week gap between game 33 and game 34. Time for Jack to really come up with formations, tactic, plans B, C, D, and E. Time for Scott to get fully fit. Time for a penalty taker to practice 30 minutes every day. Time for so much...

I suspect the Scottish Cup will feature a lot in the gap weeks?

Hopefully!

I’d lost track of what was happening with that. A trip to QOS I now see.

Livin and saints at home, was hoping for that

Crowd trouble 😆

Seems pointless when there are no fans?
If the green team were playing at home on the same day would you put it past them (hun supporters) to organise another impromptu gathering and march to the city centre to celebrate their first ever title win and noisily rub the other teams faces in it?

This thread has been viewed 14315 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back