2020 - 2021 Fixtures

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
VIP Member
It's going to be a unique season that's for sure. Has there been any mention of what is happening with the League Cup for next season ?

The section matches usually start in mid-July so I would have thought we would know of them by now. I would just scrap it for this season and do away with Scottish Cup replays as well.

What all this has shown up yet again is just how much more football is played now compared to years ago.

Agree with that. Or even scrap the group phase of league Cup. Straight knock out and no replays. Deffo no replays in Scottish Cup games.

Rocky

VIP Member
It's going to be a unique season that's for sure. Has there been any mention of what is happening with the League Cup for next season ?

The section matches usually start in mid-July so I would have thought we would know of them by now. I would just scrap it for this season and do away with Scottish Cup replays as well.

What all this has shown up yet again is just how much more football is played now compared to years ago.
I can't remember exactly what was said about the League Cup but I recall it was made optional (for Premiership and Championship I think?) but the SPFL have confirmed that all Premiership clubs have said they want to participate.

AG1337

VIP Member
I think fans will be allowed to attend games quicker than many might anticipate.
Not based on anything other that the need to get the economy moving again.

C4MMY

VIP Member
I think fans will be allowed to attend games quicker than many might anticipate.
Not based on anything other that the need to get the economy moving again.
I think that too, they will move faster then we should/expect it too. Wouldn’t be surprised if fans are in by start of October

paigntonhibby

VIP Member
I am not sure that playing in your own stadium is going to give the home clubs any advantage at all next season when there are no fans there.

As has been pointed out, it is very noticeable that the first Old Firm game has been earmarked for the last week-end in October. The very last week-end of the first round of matches. This will have been done to give them the maximum chance possible of having fans being allowed back into the stadiums by then.

Personally don't think this will be permitted till the end of the year at the very earliest.
Aye, what a coincidence for that tae happen and not long after that Celtic fuck lennon was bangin on about it. Whae'd of thunk it.

Power

VIP Member

I seen the fixture headache proposal last month. League cup is to commence in early October (Participation optional but I believe all clubs are taking part). Competition rounds to be completed between October-January with the final in February.

No firm date for our Scottish Cup Semi final as of yet. Could be late this year or might even stretch passed round 3 & 4 of 20/21 competition. SFA giving it maximum effort to have it played in front of crowds. I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully the first of many Hampden visits this (and last) season.

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
VIP Member
I seen the fixture headache proposal last month. League cup is to commence in early October (Participation optional but I believe all clubs are taking part). Competition rounds to be completed between October-January with the final in February.

No firm date for our Scottish Cup Semi final as of yet. Could be late this year or might even stretch passed round 3 & 4 of 20/21 competition. SFA giving it maximum effort to have it played in front of crowds. I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully the first of many Hampden visits this (and last) season.
Cannae believe we heard from Doncaster the other day going on aboot fixture congestion yet they are still persisting with this. Should be a straight knockout played tae a finish on the day/night.

Power

VIP Member

League cup - First external confirmation I’ve seen anywhere is here - Scottish transfer window open from 14 July to 5 October

Starts on Tuesday 6th October to align with the lower league teams returning. This is the day after the Scottish transfer window closes (now to then, 12 weeks).

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Playing the league cup group stage is daft

We could have helped ourselves

That's a lot of games in such a short space of time

If everyone else is in, then we should be too.
Get a few games against lower league clubs to help build fitness etc.
I doubt we'll take it fully serious, but with only a handful of opportunities to get everyone up to speed it might be necessary long term over the pressure playing the games in the short term.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
VIP Member
everyone else is in, then we should be too.
Get a few games against lower league clubs to help build fitness etc.
I doubt we'll take it fully serious, but with only a handful of opportunities to get everyone up to speed it might be necessary long term over the pressure playing the games in the short term.

Indeed. Use the squad and it’s a great chance to see what the youngsters can offer when there will be no alternative competitive games for them to play in.

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
@Power daft question; have we upgraded Hibs TV to cope with the increase in bandwidth required as a result of all ST holders gaining access to stream games live until fans are allowed back? As, even when streaming was limited to overseas subscribers, it could be known to struggle on match days (though usually was fine TBF).

Power

VIP Member
@Power daft question; have we upgraded Hibs TV to cope with the increase in bandwidth required as a result of all ST holders gaining access to stream games live until fans are allowed back? As, even when streaming was limited to overseas subscribers, it could be known to struggle on match days (though usually was fine TBF).

Not a daft question at all. It will definitely be enhanced to cope with the users - all clubs in the same boat there - the hosting, streaming and broadcasting components of the visual workflow to make this happen goes way over my head so I’ll let the experts in our Comms team bring it to life when we’re updated on this in the next fortnight.

Straightforward ask of - it’s simple to access and the coverage is high quality for supporters - but I know the Club Communications and Marketing teams want to go that extra step further for us.

Jack

Legend
With all the clubs investing heavily in improving the quality of their own TV platforms will it rekindle the idea of putting together some sort of package similar to that which was discussed a few years ago?

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks