20 years ago

Power

VIP Member
BF5FAD2B-3C96-4DC7-93B9-E7C8DFEFAAAE.jpeg
4256D355-FEC7-4B96-8098-3988EE36D556.jpeg
DC105747-71B0-4416-89DC-C1A50F761745.jpeg
527C4580-8358-4CA2-A8CA-B9BBF50939E6.jpeg
7A65F3F5-82C9-4ECC-8556-EDA5DB6E4DBD.jpeg

Some experience of out of this world joy.

The attendance struck me looking back on this (granted two bits of major stadia improvements since and game on tv around half term but counterbalanced against that Hibs team), it highlights how far we have come and where we can go to next ⬆️

Last edited:

BigD

New radge
The half empty away end kept attendance down, almost completely empty around the hour mark

What a night, I staggered into work 20 minutes late on the Monday morning to a round of applause and a big hug from my line manager who was also a Hibby, changed days, you wouldn't get away with that nowadays.

Sent from my CPH1931 using Tapatalk

vasco de gama

VIP Member
Were Hearts supporters not boycotting the game?

Great night and I wore that strip to Aegina the following year, for the game that never was!
Definitely some sort of ‘boycott’ from them linked to a protest about the Pieman. Anyways where I was stood in the East it was a fantastic atmosphere! Afterwards felt like a party was happening everywhere- folk yelling out the windows of their flats ‘the Hibs are having a party the jambos are in their beds’. We ended up in what I think was The Basement Bar drinking champagne at midnight. Fabulous night but canny really believe it was 20 years ago!

Greenmachine

VIP Member
It was sheer bedlam in the East stand that night.
That second half performance is probably the best 45 minutes of attacking football I have ever seen from a Hibs team.
Granted Hearts were crap, but Hibs would have beaten anybody in the country playing as we did in that second half. Totally rampant.

My mates were slagging me off as I moaned like feck when Hearts got that goal back to make it 6-2 as I wanted 7 from Hibs and didn't want to give them anything. In hindsight, i'm goad they did get their second goal, as 6-2 sounds great when you say it.

Happy Birthday 6-2..

moathibby

VIP Member
Missed the game!It was a SWP all Scotland meeting.Chris Bambery then on our Central Committee had come up from London to plead with us to join the SSP.Apparently talks had been going on with Sheridan,Colin Fox et al and it was up to us to discuss it and vote.So after a long day we voted to join Most of us repaired to the Southern Bar to watch the highlights and I was like’WTF!’.To this day I’m still gutted that I spent all day at a meeting instead of going to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tricky

VIP Member
Mixu had a first half goal chopped off so should have been seven..

Over two hours late for work the following morning after being out till 3am

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Legend
As I've posted before my family scattered my beloved big brothers ashes on the pitch on the morning of the game.
Much alcohol was drunk between then and and kick of.
When whatever bloodied stool scored my whole grief exploded I was a fuckin wreck.
A guy In front off me gave me a hug then then a toke on a very large joint.
The rest of the game was a fucking dream come true and a fitting tribute to my brother.
If memory serves me the same guy rolled me and @brianmc another banger towards the end of the game.
RiP CJM and fuck the hearts

tricky

VIP Member
As I've posted before my family scattered my beloved big brothers ashes on the pitch on the morning of the game.
Much alcohol was drunk between then and and kick of.
When whatever bloodied stool scored my whole grief exploded I was a fuckin wreck.
A guy In front off me gave me a hug then then a toke on a very large joint.
The rest of the game was a fucking dream come true and a fitting tribute to my brother.
If memory serves me the same guy rolled me and @brianmc another banger towards the end of the game.
RiP CJM and fuck the hearts

Brilliant story, miss the fragrant aroma of the old east, new stand is shite in comparison

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks