• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

*&*^ 1Down

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Mibbes second isnae oot our grasp

a draw with the sheep would be nice

I reckon we'd need to win every game which is a big ask but not impossible. 12 points behind just now with a game in hand. Win that one, beat Celtic in post split match against them and assume Celtic lose to huns and the gap is down to 3 (realistically 4 considering goal difference). I can certainly see them dropping 4 points.

a draw with the sheep would be nice
Maybe we can afford for Aberdeen to beat Celtic in our quest for second...

Maybe we can afford for Aberdeen to beat Celtic in our quest for second...
Wait why didn't it change 'Aberdeen' to 'The Sheep'? I thought that's what happened?

Wait why didn't it change 'Aberdeen' to 'The Sheep'? I thought that's what happened?
Jamie fcukin asleep at the wheel.
:coffee1:

Over all we are having a good season, but visions of 2nd are slightly deluded. We still have our work cut out to get 3rd. I think we will achieve that, but I'm cautious, we have shown we are capable of both sides of our personality .

Over all we are having a good season, but visions of 2nd are slightly deluded. We still have our work cut out to get 3rd. I think we will achieve that, but I'm cautious, we have shown we are capable of both sides of our personality .
Is it deluded fir us to beat celtc? No. Is it deluded for us to win our game in hand? No. Is it delusional to think the huns will beat celtc? Nope... boom, 3 points in it ?? will it go to plan, who knows but nit delusional imo

We have no chance of second. Third is now a possibility but there is still along way to go and as I have said before I think it will be very close and go right to the wire between Hibs and Aberdeen.

Hibs have to win the games against the bottom six clubs...like Motherwell and Ross County and hope Aberdeen slip up. It's going to be a big struggle, but to be honest we have done very well this season to even be in this situation.

We have no chance of second. Third is now a possibility but there is still along way to go and as I have said before I think it will be very close and go right to the wire between Hibs and Aberdeen.

Hibs have to win the games against the bottom six clubs...like Motherwell and Ross County and hope Aberdeen slip up. It's going to be a big struggle, but to be honest we have done very well this season to even be in this situation.
I think you’ll find we do! Whether we do it is a matter of opinion!

We don't have to hope Aberdeen do anything whatsoever. It's in our own hands.

Current points Celtic: 64, Hibs 52

Pre-split we have the following matches:
- Motherwell (H)
- St Johnstone (A)
- Ross County (A)
- Livingston (A)

We *should* win all of those (which is different to saying I think we will, but we should) so assume 12 points for the sake of argument.

Celtic have:
- Aberdeen (H)
- Dundee Utd (A)
- Rangers (H)

Could easily see Aberdeen taking a point (even though they've been gash since January) and you'd expect huns to win, so assume 4 points for the sake of argument.

That would make the pre-split points totals: Celtic 68, Hibs 64

Hypothetically if we get Celtic as first match after split and beat them that makes the gap 1 point with 4 to play (realistically 2 points allowing for goal difference).

I do think it's vanishingly unlikely that we'll get 2nd, but not quite delusional to speculate that it's a possibility.

We don't have to hope Aberdeen do anything whatsoever. It's in our own hands.
I know that. I was trying to allow for points dropped by Hibs which will inevitably happen. We are not going to win all of our remaining games, we just have to hope we can gain enough and that Aberdeen don't go on a winning run now. Still plenty games left, and anything can happen.

If we’re wanting a good run in Europe then we’re wanting to finish 3rd tbh,2nd would be good but likely knocked out early doors of the CL qualifier then 2 games to qualify for the Conference.
3rd place puts us in either the Group stages of Europa league or the Conference.C70E5974-C71D-40CD-BE6B-D65998F43FB4.png

This thread has been viewed 1527 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back