‘The Hibs Way’

WJC1848

Just A Radge
You couldn't be more wrong, Moaty, although you have tried often! The Hibs Way is no myth. Just because we have to watch some utter pish at times does not mean the Hibs Way does not exist. Even some of the most biased and bigoted hacks from the West of Scotland have written about "the Hibs Way" of playing the beautiful game. I agree that some of the fitbaw I have seen from players wearing the revered colours has been as far from the Hibs Way as it could have been, but we have been lucky also to have had some managers who have tried to instil in the players the kind of football we recognise as ours. But even on your last point, Moaty, the great man himself tried to change tack with his Tornadoes when he altered the style of the team to fit Harper in, a huge mistake I thought at the time and demonstrated against it in my own way, but he felt the team had to evolve to maintain its position. The Hibs Way? We see it rarely, but by God we recognise it when it's in front of us!

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
April 2018, Hibs 5 Killie 3. Pegged back twice, 5 different scorers, sexy shroo ball assist from Scotty, a couple of stupid goals given away, and scoring 90+2 to put it to bed. Some game (and some free kick from that fucking pie Boyd to be fair)

This is the "Hibs way" for me.
Sorry about the rat in the thumbnail

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
April 2018, Hibs 5 Killie 3. Pegged back twice, 5 different scorers, sexy shroo ball assist from Scotty, a couple of stupid goals given away, and scoring 90+2 to put it to bed. Some game (and some free kick from that fucking pie Boyd to be fair)

This is the "Hibs way" for me.
Sorry about the rat in the thumbnail

Actually think both of McGinns assists in that game are better than Scott's

south west hiby

Doonhamer Radge
Oh the 'Hibs way ' indeed does exist. As a kid I got my first sense of it ,watching Gordon,Stanton,Blackley. Football as a expression of art.
Handed down from Father tae son. Entertainment.
Football has changed , players move clubs quickly for the quick buck, not saying its wrong but it erodes stability . Footballers are mainly boring robots these days,but that's a coaching issue throughout Scottish football for me.
I have seen , felt , lived the 'Hibs way '.
Build from the back , a solid foundation. Then acquire a blend of fitba players ,who entertain and have SKILL. NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SKILL, Not my words, Mr Eddie Turnbull.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Can’t disagree mate, can’t remember an ‘era’ supporting Hibs, bearing in mind I’ve been spoiled with seeing us winning both cups where my grandad sadly didn’t, where we’ve played consistent football for longer than 2/3 seasons. Does it matter? Would people rather us play good stuff and finish 4th/5th than play Jack Ross ball and finish 3rd every season?

Well that's a different thread altogether. We'd all hope we could see us play good stuff and end up third but that doesn't happen. Remember when the Jambos were third for a while they played awful football. Only once did I see them play well and that was under George Burley era. Playing good football rarely brings success, in Scotland anyway.

Would you say Huns played "Hibs way" type of football?

moathibby

Legendary Radge
So either we play the 'Hibs Way' or we 'Hibsed' it. West Coast hacks have a lot to answer for. Usually it's typing pish after imbibing a half bottle.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
So either we play the 'Hibs Way' or we 'Hibsed' it. West Coast hacks have a lot to answer for. Usually it's typing pish after imbibing a half bottle.

Possibly their 'copy' would be much better after a bevy. The standard of fitba' journalism is depressingly low, with very few exceptions.
Football punditry in Scotland is even worse, again with very few making any sense at all. Higher standards appear on the Bounce regularly, with 'Just Back' topping the list in my view.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Thr Hibs way hasn't really existed in my lifetime.
We've had a couple of squads capable of playing very nice football and we'll go on about it being the Hibs way while we can, but its clearly not part of the identity of the club to the point where we expect it from the boardroom.

For it to be our way, we need to make it clear from the top.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here