£500k rlese clause for Boyle?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
This 500k is definitely being spoken about like it's a known fact...

Interest abroad as well apparently.

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
If you can’t see the middle ground between “ he’s pish “ and “ he’s worth 3 million” then I doubt I will be able to explain it too you.
Pretty sure the general feeling wasn't "he's pish" although I'm sure a few idiots will have said as much, he was rightly criticised for not playing well. That was my point. Just because he's playing well now doesn't mean folk were wrong to have a bit of a moan when he wasn't

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I think it's a real clause now.

Doesn't mean he's in a rush to leave, but it definitely sounds like that number exists, decent contract lands in front if him this summer and we'll not see him again.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
I think it's a real clause now.

Doesn't mean he's in a rush to leave, but it definitely sounds like that number exists, decent contract lands in front if him this summer and we'll not see him again.

What makes you think that?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
What makes you think that?

The more I read, the more it sounds like it's firm.

I read him "denying" it
He didn't deny it, he denied that he's looking for a route out and he's focused on the weekend. Then, that if something comes of it then so be it.

It's just so cheap for someone so influential to our play.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
The more I read, the more it sounds like it's firm.

I read him "denying" it
He didn't deny it, he denied that he's looking for a route out and he's focused on the weekend. Then, that if something comes of it then so be it.

It's just so cheap for someone so influential to our play.

It is. He's massive to our squad. Don't think he'll be easy to replace at all.

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
My reading of it (if this clause exists) is:

If someone bid £500,000 and Boyler was interested in going then would that not start a bidding war.

If team "A" bids £500,000 then surely Team "B" would try £550,000 and so on. On that basis surely we would find the true value.

Or am I being naive

P.S. I don't want him to go anywhere, I love Boyler and i think he loves Hibs.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
My reading of it (if this clause exists) is:

If someone bid £500,000 and Boyler was interested in going then would that not start a bidding war.

If team "A" bids £500,000 then surely Team "B" would try £550,000 and so on. On that basis surely we would find the true value.

Or am I being naive

P.S. I don't want him to go anywhere, I love Boyler and i think he loves Hibs.

Nah all clubs would offer £500,000 it's our obligation to accept it. It will be down to who offers Boyle best contract.

I want him to stay to. He's irreplaceable imo.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
The way Martin talks it really seems that his happiness / family is more important to him than money. This clause seems like a sensible one for his agent to insist on as it leaves him in control of his own destiny. I know we all see it as being about him leaving but the other way to look at it is it means Hibs have no incentive to try to force him out if a big bucks offer comes along. Let's face it if the clause wasn't there and someone came along offering £3m there would be real pressure on Martin to go, and that might not be what he wants. Equally if someone really wants him and the location / money is right for him and his family then the club can't stand in his way.

It is what it is, good contract negotiations always need to end in both sides being happy and if this clause is part of that then so be it.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
The way Martin talks it really seems that his happiness / family is more important to him than money. This clause seems like a sensible one for his agent to insist on as it leaves him in control of his own destiny. I know we all see it as being about him leaving but the other way to look at it is it means Hibs have no incentive to try to force him out if a big bucks offer comes along. Let's face it if the clause wasn't there and someone came along offering £3m there would be real pressure on Martin to go, and that might not be what he wants. Equally if someone really wants him and the location / money is right for him and his family then the club can't stand in his way.

It is what it is, good contract negotiations always need to end in both sides being happy and if this clause is part of that then so be it.
Great post. We have to be philosophical about such things and our great club is one that operates and survives, hopefully thrives, on this business model. Why it is so key we continue to have a good youth set up and bring them through and sell them after a period for a very decent fee. Every player has is price unfortunately. I hope Boyle stays for as long as possible but he has been here a wee while now and can’t knock him or the club if/when the time comes that he decides he has a great offer on the table. Let’s just hope we get a great deal when that happens

Zab

Admin
Martin Boyle is 28, probably is in his prime as a winger. Any club interested in buying him would know he’s not going to have any real re-sale value... That’s ultimately going to have a significant impact on his transfer value.

Whether the £500K is true or not, we probably won’t get what we should if he does leave in the summer.

If he walks out the door with 2 Scottish Cup winners medals, he’ll leave a legend!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Good posts you 3.
And it does bring a different look to the table.
For me though, it's more to do with the fact that if he does leave, I think its for Celtic.
It won't uproot him and it'll pay him.

I just don't want who I think is one of the best players in the league, to celtic for a song.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Totally agree. Sadly it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve lost a key player to Celtic for a fraction of what he’s worth.

I know, but after the McGinn negotiations, and the strong stance in January, things were changing.

Now that the sensible posts have been digested, I do think the clause is more us allowing that move, if it came about. I don't think he wants to move away to play football, he won't go to Hearts and I think Celtic suits him more. So instead of standing in their way..

Not that their fans would appreciate him, they still think Forrest is better. Plus there's no guarantee they come in for him, but I feel they will, even if it meant sitting him on the bench. Which would be a shame. He deserves to play every week, here or elsewhere.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here