£500k rlese clause for Boyle?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I'm sure Boyle will have a release clause in his last contract, but I very much doubt it will be £500,000. Hibs would never have agreed to that.

As for Irvine, I hope he signs a deal with Hibs as he is a decent player, but if he doesn't he doesn't. He won't be going to Aberdeen though.

To be honest, history tends to show that clubs who finish best of the rest tend to lose some of their best players soon afterwards. Usually the manager will be in demand as well, which is why I very much hope and expect Hibs are in talks with Ross to offer him a longer contract. I am confident the manager and our recruitment team will replace the players who leave in the summer with hopefully similar if not better quality.

In the week leading up to the cup final it's a pity we have this highly predictable mischief making from agents and the media. All this will be dealt with in the summer. the important thing for now is that Boyle, Irvine and all the rest of them produce their best on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
He could have walked for nowt at the start of the season. Getting him to renew, even with this clause, was great business - especially since Boyle has played a huge part in getting us third place, European football and hopefully another Scottish Cup.
He's given us great service for six years - he was a swap for Alex Harris remember - so it would be harsh to begrudge him a big money move at this stage of his career.
Hope he stays, obviously. But his replacement is already signed.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Being reported on Edinburgh Live as well. Might not be true - no mention of this at the time he signed his contract. If true one of the uglies will buy him guaranteed.

He still has 2 years left. I'd say starting bids should be from £2 million. I'm basing that on his contract length and what he is worth to Hibs as a player. Achievements this season and form. And also how difficult he will be to replace.

Jamie

Admin
He still has 2 years left. I'd say starting bids should be from £2 million. I'm basing that on his contract length and what he is worth to Hibs as a player. Achievements this season and form. And also how difficult he will be to replace.
Make that starting bids o 4m then.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
It would need to be a seriously good offer for Boyley and his family who seem settled here. I think he'll be keen to play Euro football too. I can't see him going to league 1 in England for example and probably wouldn't be keen on a relegation candidate in the Championship either.

The Family

Capital Radge
Wouldn’t be surprised by this as we offered Cummings the same sort of deal where it was agreed if the clause was met he could leave. Bad news for us if this is true as it must have been leaked by Boyle’s agent.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Wouldn’t be surprised by this as we offered Cummings the same sort of deal where it was agreed if the clause was met he could leave. Bad news for us if this is true as it must have been leaked by Boyle’s agent.

Cummings was nowhere near as influential as Boyle is though. Or nowhere near as experienced.
And that number is still gonna be higher than what Warburton tried to make out it was.

Boyle has a lot more value than that. A lot more.
Boyle has shown over a few seasons now what his level is.
I think he's right at the top of his level, and that level is possibly the best player outside the old firm in Scotland. Which in turn makes him our best player. He's found and grown into his level here.
I dont think he's in any kind of hurry to leave, so I'd be surprised if we did put some peanuts for a buyout.

He's a £2M player, easily. Minimum. Especially on the back end of his best season yet?

The Family

Capital Radge
Cummings was nowhere near as influential as Boyle is though. Or nowhere near as experienced.
And that number is still gonna be higher than what Warburton tried to make out it was.

Boyle has a lot more value than that. A lot more.
Boyle has shown over a few seasons now what his level is.
I think he's right at the top of his level, and that level is possibly the best player outside the old firm in Scotland. Which in turn makes him our best player. He's found and grown into his level here.
I dont think he's in any kind of hurry to leave, so I'd be surprised if we did put some peanuts for a buyout.

He's a £2M player, easily. Minimum. Especially on the back end of his best season yet?

We can put a value down we want to see, although if he has this clause I think the club have made a huge error.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here