• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

£500k release clause for Boyle?

This 500k is definitely being spoken about like it's a known fact...

Interest abroad as well apparently.

If you can’t see the middle ground between “ he’s pish “ and “ he’s worth 3 million” then I doubt I will be able to explain it too you.
Pretty sure the general feeling wasn't "he's pish" although I'm sure a few idiots will have said as much, he was rightly criticised for not playing well. That was my point. Just because he's playing well now doesn't mean folk were wrong to have a bit of a moan when he wasn't

I think it's a real clause now.

Doesn't mean he's in a rush to leave, but it definitely sounds like that number exists, decent contract lands in front if him this summer and we'll not see him again.

I think it's a real clause now.

Doesn't mean he's in a rush to leave, but it definitely sounds like that number exists, decent contract lands in front if him this summer and we'll not see him again.

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

The more I read, the more it sounds like it's firm.

I read him "denying" it
He didn't deny it, he denied that he's looking for a route out and he's focused on the weekend. Then, that if something comes of it then so be it.

It's just so cheap for someone so influential to our play.

The more I read, the more it sounds like it's firm.

I read him "denying" it
He didn't deny it, he denied that he's looking for a route out and he's focused on the weekend. Then, that if something comes of it then so be it.

It's just so cheap for someone so influential to our play.

It is. He's massive to our squad. Don't think he'll be easy to replace at all.

My reading of it (if this clause exists) is:

If someone bid £500,000 and Boyler was interested in going then would that not start a bidding war.

If team "A" bids £500,000 then surely Team "B" would try £550,000 and so on. On that basis surely we would find the true value.

Or am I being naive

P.S. I don't want him to go anywhere, I love Boyler and i think he loves Hibs.

My reading of it (if this clause exists) is:

If someone bid £500,000 and Boyler was interested in going then would that not start a bidding war.

If team "A" bids £500,000 then surely Team "B" would try £550,000 and so on. On that basis surely we would find the true value.

Or am I being naive

P.S. I don't want him to go anywhere, I love Boyler and i think he loves Hibs.

Nah all clubs would offer £500,000 it's our obligation to accept it. It will be down to who offers Boyle best contract.

I want him to stay to. He's irreplaceable imo.

The way Martin talks it really seems that his happiness / family is more important to him than money. This clause seems like a sensible one for his agent to insist on as it leaves him in control of his own destiny. I know we all see it as being about him leaving but the other way to look at it is it means Hibs have no incentive to try to force him out if a big bucks offer comes along. Let's face it if the clause wasn't there and someone came along offering £3m there would be real pressure on Martin to go, and that might not be what he wants. Equally if someone really wants him and the location / money is right for him and his family then the club can't stand in his way.

It is what it is, good contract negotiations always need to end in both sides being happy and if this clause is part of that then so be it.

The way Martin talks it really seems that his happiness / family is more important to him than money. This clause seems like a sensible one for his agent to insist on as it leaves him in control of his own destiny. I know we all see it as being about him leaving but the other way to look at it is it means Hibs have no incentive to try to force him out if a big bucks offer comes along. Let's face it if the clause wasn't there and someone came along offering £3m there would be real pressure on Martin to go, and that might not be what he wants. Equally if someone really wants him and the location / money is right for him and his family then the club can't stand in his way.

It is what it is, good contract negotiations always need to end in both sides being happy and if this clause is part of that then so be it.
Great post. We have to be philosophical about such things and our great club is one that operates and survives, hopefully thrives, on this business model. Why it is so key we continue to have a good youth set up and bring them through and sell them after a period for a very decent fee. Every player has is price unfortunately. I hope Boyle stays for as long as possible but he has been here a wee while now and can’t knock him or the club if/when the time comes that he decides he has a great offer on the table. Let’s just hope we get a great deal when that happens

Martin Boyle is 28, probably is in his prime as a winger. Any club interested in buying him would know he’s not going to have any real re-sale value... That’s ultimately going to have a significant impact on his transfer value.

Whether the £500K is true or not, we probably won’t get what we should if he does leave in the summer.

If he walks out the door with 2 Scottish Cup winners medals, he’ll leave a legend!

Good posts you 3.
And it does bring a different look to the table.
For me though, it's more to do with the fact that if he does leave, I think its for Celtic.
It won't uproot him and it'll pay him.

I just don't want who I think is one of the best players in the league, to celtic for a song.

I just don't want who I think is one of the best players in the league, to celtic for a song.

Totally agree. Sadly it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve lost a key player to Celtic for a fraction of what he’s worth.

Totally agree. Sadly it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve lost a key player to Celtic for a fraction of what he’s worth.

I know, but after the McGinn negotiations, and the strong stance in January, things were changing.

Now that the sensible posts have been digested, I do think the clause is more us allowing that move, if it came about. I don't think he wants to move away to play football, he won't go to Hearts and I think Celtic suits him more. So instead of standing in their way..

Not that their fans would appreciate him, they still think Forrest is better. Plus there's no guarantee they come in for him, but I feel they will, even if it meant sitting him on the bench. Which would be a shame. He deserves to play every week, here or elsewhere.

Some Saudi mob had a £500k offer rejected this week.

Some Saudi mob had a £500k offer rejected this week.

Really?

Daily Hun describe it as an "opening bid" from Al-Faisaly.

Daily Hun describe it as an "opening bid" from Al-Faisaly.

I cannae imagine the Boyles enjoying that environment?

Should've added apparently as it did come from a shitey paper.

But aye, says Ron took it to the board reluctantly and was rejected.

It makes sense that a middle east country looks at him, as their scouting will be based ok his Aussie games, but I can't see him going out there either, even with the potential money on the table.

With the age he is now I think it would need to be an exceptional offer for Hibs and him. And the starting point should be around £4 million at very least. Be surprised if he went anywhere now with the length of contract he's on as well.

With the age he is now I think it would need to be an exceptional offer for Hibs and him. And the starting point should be around £4 million at very least. Be surprised if he went anywhere now with the length of contract he's on as well.

I'm fairly sure we gave him the new deal to get rid of the release clause discussed in this thread.
Otherwise we'd have had to accept that offer that just came in?

I don't think he leaves, but his interview last week saying JR was a big reason he signed his new deal and wasn't happy with the sacking etc.
Sorta reopened the door?

I'm fairly sure we gave him the new deal to get rid of the release clause discussed in this thread.
Otherwise we'd have had to accept that offer that just came in?

I don't think he leaves, but his interview last week saying JR was a big reason he signed his new deal and wasn't happy with the sacking etc.
Sorta reopened the door?
I get the feeling he'll like working with Maloney esp if we start pushing up the table. Did we not knock back 500K from Aberdeen? I thought that figure was just a rumour.

I get the feeling he'll like working with Maloney esp if we start pushing up the table. Did we not knock back 500K from Aberdeen? I thought that figure was just a rumour.

I think we decided the figure was for clubs outside of Scotland.
Have the feeling someone confirmed the number and then Aberdeen thought it applied to them, but didn't.

Then because it was public, Hibs tied him down and took that off the table. Which was good business if all the above was in fact true.

I think he'll enjoy Maloney too, the style of football should suit him, and give him more freedom if we can show to carry a threat elsewhere on the park, take all the opposition focus away from him.
Far too 1 dimensional up to now.

I'm quite optimistic now I've seen us play a game with a clear change to our style.

I think we decided the figure was for clubs outside of Scotland.
Have the feeling someone confirmed the number and then Aberdeen thought it applied to them, but didn't.

Then because it was public, Hibs tied him down and took that off the table. Which was good business if all the above was in fact true.

I think he'll enjoy Maloney too, the style of football should suit him, and give him more freedom if we can show to carry a threat elsewhere on the park, take all the opposition focus away from him.
Far too 1 dimensional up to now.

I'm quite optimistic now I've seen us play a game with a clear change to our style.

I agree that Boyle will probably like working with Maloney, and I think Maloney will get the best out of Boyle and the attack in general.

However if Boyle is offered silly money to move abroad, he’d be daft to not consider it. At 28 he won’t have many more chances to land a massive contract.

I agree that Boyle will probably like working with Maloney, and I think Maloney will get the best out of Boyle and the attack in general.

However if Boyle is offered silly money to move abroad, he’d be daft to not consider it. At 28 he won’t have many more chances to land a massive contract.

Looks like they are not going to give up so easily, do they have a woman’s team?

I think he will go this window, getting himself a life changing contract in the process. When he does go, he should be held up there as an example of what a player can achieve even when the big clubs pass you by first time round.

Looks like they are not going to give up so easily, do they have a woman’s team?
Ask Shrink....

Alison-Faisaly

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
I see Tam McManus tweeting that celtc are interested in Martin sum reported around 3 m.

I see Tam McManus tweeting that celtc are interested in Martin sum reported around 3 m.
McManus is a slaver.

Boyle + 3m for LH wee brother?

McManus is a slaver.

He is indeed.

He didn’t, he replied to say that he wasn’t sure if it was April fools day or New Year’s Day

Tam is one of the few who fights our corner in the media. If he's a "slaver" then we deserve what we get.

So our valuation of Squirrel is £3 million yet Patterson who has only played a handful of games does for 11.5. Go figure

So our valuation of Squirrel is £3 million yet Patterson who has only played a handful of games does for 11.5. Go figure

Have we said that's our valuation?

Hibs dont put valuations on our players

I don’t think Hibs have said that is how much Boyle is worth, but to take the point I’d say the difference is mainly down to potential and future values.

Boyle is 28, a winger, on a contract that’s worth his wages until June 2024. He’s probably got one more big contract available to him before his career starts to wind down. Any club signing Boyle is signing a ready made player to impact the first team for the next 3-4 years. That dictates his value, as does Hibernian’s finances and what the club would accept in relation to re-investing said money in the club.

Patterson is an investment in potential. The value in him is what he can be developed into which is either a first team regular, a player who can be sold to a bigger club, or a player who doesn’t quite make it at Everton but can still be sold on for roughly what they’ve paid. Scottish players have shown they can be stand outs in the EPL, so English clubs will look to the Scottish market for the next McGinn or Tierney.

Have we said that's our valuation?
It's a weggie rag valuation. Celtic are being linked with him again.

Considering he is our best player and what he is worth to Hibs per season in each competition I think starting bids should be from £5 million upwards. Hibs have been taken for mugs for too long. Smaller clubs in Europe and the rest of the world have been able to command high fees for absolute sh$#e in some cases. As well Hibs will find it exceptionally difficult to replace Boyle should he leave. Selling a star player to a close league rival should also bump up costs.

I could accept Boyle leaving in the summer as long as we get a big offer for him, but not in January. It would be a disaster if he was to be sold now, half way through the season. I think Mueller is possibly being seen as his his replacement, however I think that's risky. For me, we would need to try to replace him with a proven player of similar experience.

To be honest, i'm amazed there has not been any firm and realistic offer for Boyle in the last year or so. I'm not including the Aberdeen one which was a joke, I mean a firm realistic offer from a bigger club. He's been a terrific player for Hibs and we really do need to get as much as we can for him when he is sold, which as I say should be in the summer if at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zab

This thread has been viewed 12799 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back