• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

£500k release clause for Boyle?

Bossie

Private Member
Reaction score
If true it's unlikely he'll be here next season.

Where have you heard that?

Hope he’s not going along the M8 with Rocky.

Where have you heard that?

Red top paper but not Keith JacksHun one.

Also says Aberdeen are in for Irvine. Well say we have a cup final.

500k 🤣

Rodders :grrr:

Shite.... I hope

I'm sure Boyle will have a release clause in his last contract, but I very much doubt it will be £500,000. Hibs would never have agreed to that.

As for Irvine, I hope he signs a deal with Hibs as he is a decent player, but if he doesn't he doesn't. He won't be going to Aberdeen though.

To be honest, history tends to show that clubs who finish best of the rest tend to lose some of their best players soon afterwards. Usually the manager will be in demand as well, which is why I very much hope and expect Hibs are in talks with Ross to offer him a longer contract. I am confident the manager and our recruitment team will replace the players who leave in the summer with hopefully similar if not better quality.

In the week leading up to the cup final it's a pity we have this highly predictable mischief making from agents and the media. All this will be dealt with in the summer. the important thing for now is that Boyle, Irvine and all the rest of them produce their best on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Hopefully not. I think we got a million when Cummings left under similar circumstances. Boyle is worth 2-3 million all day long.

Seems super cheap, I would have thought just over a million and we would be all ears.The player holds all the cards so who knows what his ambitions are regarding a move.

He could have walked for nowt at the start of the season. Getting him to renew, even with this clause, was great business - especially since Boyle has played a huge part in getting us third place, European football and hopefully another Scottish Cup.
He's given us great service for six years - he was a swap for Alex Harris remember - so it would be harsh to begrudge him a big money move at this stage of his career.
Hope he stays, obviously. But his replacement is already signed.

Being reported on Edinburgh Live as well. Might not be true - no mention of this at the time he signed his contract. If true one of the uglies will buy him guaranteed.

He still has 2 years left. I'd say starting bids should be from £2 million. I'm basing that on his contract length and what he is worth to Hibs as a player. Achievements this season and form. And also how difficult he will be to replace.

He still has 2 years left. I'd say starting bids should be from £2 million. I'm basing that on his contract length and what he is worth to Hibs as a player. Achievements this season and form. And also how difficult he will be to replace.
Make that starting bids o 4m then.

along the M8 with Rocky.
The rocky love in will turn sour if that happens eh 🤣

If true it's unlikely he'll be here next season.
If true I’m surprised it’s not been public knowledge before now, and no one has taken a punt on him. That’s a great deal to an English championship side

It would need to be a seriously good offer for Boyley and his family who seem settled here. I think he'll be keen to play Euro football too. I can't see him going to league 1 in England for example and probably wouldn't be keen on a relegation candidate in the Championship either.

Wouldn’t be surprised by this as we offered Cummings the same sort of deal where it was agreed if the clause was met he could leave. Bad news for us if this is true as it must have been leaked by Boyle’s agent.

Wouldn’t be surprised by this as we offered Cummings the same sort of deal where it was agreed if the clause was met he could leave. Bad news for us if this is true as it must have been leaked by Boyle’s agent.

Cummings was nowhere near as influential as Boyle is though. Or nowhere near as experienced.
And that number is still gonna be higher than what Warburton tried to make out it was.

Boyle has a lot more value than that. A lot more.
Boyle has shown over a few seasons now what his level is.
I think he's right at the top of his level, and that level is possibly the best player outside the old firm in Scotland. Which in turn makes him our best player. He's found and grown into his level here.
I dont think he's in any kind of hurry to leave, so I'd be surprised if we did put some peanuts for a buyout.

He's a £2M player, easily. Minimum. Especially on the back end of his best season yet?

Cummings was nowhere near as influential as Boyle is though. Or nowhere near as experienced.
And that number is still gonna be higher than what Warburton tried to make out it was.

Boyle has a lot more value than that. A lot more.
Boyle has shown over a few seasons now what his level is.
I think he's right at the top of his level, and that level is possibly the best player outside the old firm in Scotland. Which in turn makes him our best player. He's found and grown into his level here.
I dont think he's in any kind of hurry to leave, so I'd be surprised if we did put some peanuts for a buyout.

He's a £2M player, easily. Minimum. Especially on the back end of his best season yet?

We can put a value down we want to see, although if he has this clause I think the club have made a huge error.

Surely we haven’t been this stupid, have we?

We can put a value down we want to see, although if he has this clause I think the club have made a huge error.

If we've allowed that clause, then we're idiots.
Thought we were talking about around a million last year? Can't think if it was an actual offer or some paper chat, but you don't go from that in the final year of your contract
To half that in the first year of your new contract.

If Martin goes for 500k and we turned down all that money for Nisbet and Porteous I might give it up.

If we've allowed that clause, then we're idiots.
Thought we were talking about around a million last year? Can't think if it was an actual offer or some paper chat, but you don't go from that in the final year of your contract
To half that in the first year of your new contract.

If Martin goes for 500k and we turned down all that money for Nisbet and Porteous I might give it up.

We will just have to hope it’s Tom kite but it has come from somewhere. See Aberdeen have seemingly valued Ferguson at 4 million and won’t accept anything else.

We will just have to hope it’s Tom kite but it has come from somewhere. See Aberdeen have seemingly valued Ferguson at 4 million and won’t accept anything else.

Good for them, I hope they stick to it.
All the clubs up here should start holding out for more money, it'll increase the value of everyone in the league.

And it's came from the arse end of nowhere.
Hibs aren't letting Boyle go for 500k
There's just no way.

Good for them, I hope they stick to it.
All the clubs up here should start holding out for more money, it'll increase the value of everyone in the league.

And it's came from the arse end of nowhere.
Hibs aren't letting Boyle go for 500k
There's just no way.

Let’s hope you are right.

He could have walked for nothing. Maybe the release clause was the incentive for him to sign up again.

Who knows where the boyhood Abersheep fan will end up…..

He could have walked for nothing. Maybe the release clause was the incentive for him to sign up again.

Who knows where the boyhood Abersheep fan will end up…..
He had a year to run when he signed up?

seems strange to give him the security of 3 years or an extra two years and a low release clause.

Anyway, isn't this standard procedure when we've got a big game coming up?

Cup final week, papers full of pish as per... wouldn’t believe a word of it.

Boyle has responded to transfer talk as speculation. Fully focused on Hibs and not seeking a move away as he's happy and looking forward to Euro football.

15 weeks ago, Boyle was getting pelters on here for going missing .
” husnae kicked a baw since he signed a new contract” was the chant. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The rocky love in will turn sour if that happens eh 🤣

I would still love Shelley Sonny Rocky

15 weeks ago, Boyle was getting pelters on here for going missing .
” husnae kicked a baw since he signed a new contract” was the chant. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
15 weeks ago Boyle was often going missing, are players meant to be praised no matter how they're performing?

If the rumors are true, this won’t be on the club. Guessing Boyle’s agent probably put that stipulation in the deal. If it was that or nothing, our hands were tied. 3rd place, the money that comes from Europe and a potential SC trophy, it’s not a bad deal all in all. We probably just got the best season he’s ever had in a Green jersey.

Boyle has basically said the story is pish.

I bet the Irvine one is too.

Boyle has basically said the story is pish.

I bet the Irvine one is too.
No chance.

It was in The Sun.

Heard an advert for the Scum on the radio saying he’s away after Saturday.

Heard an advert for the Scum on the radio saying he’s away after Saturday.

I see the BBC have it too.

He’ll be on the piss for a week at least.
Probably sleeping in a skip.

15 weeks ago Boyle was often going missing, are players meant to be praised no matter how they're performing?
If you can’t see the middle ground between “ he’s pish “ and “ he’s worth 3 million” then I doubt I will be able to explain it too you.

This thread has been viewed 12803 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back