£500k release clause for Boyle?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
With the age he is now I think it would need to be an exceptional offer for Hibs and him. And the starting point should be around £4 million at very least. Be surprised if he went anywhere now with the length of contract he's on as well.

I'm fairly sure we gave him the new deal to get rid of the release clause discussed in this thread.
Otherwise we'd have had to accept that offer that just came in?

I don't think he leaves, but his interview last week saying JR was a big reason he signed his new deal and wasn't happy with the sacking etc.
Sorta reopened the door?

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure we gave him the new deal to get rid of the release clause discussed in this thread.
Otherwise we'd have had to accept that offer that just came in?

I don't think he leaves, but his interview last week saying JR was a big reason he signed his new deal and wasn't happy with the sacking etc.
Sorta reopened the door?
I get the feeling he'll like working with Maloney esp if we start pushing up the table. Did we not knock back 500K from Aberdeen? I thought that figure was just a rumour.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
I get the feeling he'll like working with Maloney esp if we start pushing up the table. Did we not knock back 500K from Aberdeen? I thought that figure was just a rumour.

I think we decided the figure was for clubs outside of Scotland.
Have the feeling someone confirmed the number and then Aberdeen thought it applied to them, but didn't.

Then because it was public, Hibs tied him down and took that off the table. Which was good business if all the above was in fact true.

I think he'll enjoy Maloney too, the style of football should suit him, and give him more freedom if we can show to carry a threat elsewhere on the park, take all the opposition focus away from him.
Far too 1 dimensional up to now.

I'm quite optimistic now I've seen us play a game with a clear change to our style.

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
I think we decided the figure was for clubs outside of Scotland.
Have the feeling someone confirmed the number and then Aberdeen thought it applied to them, but didn't.

Then because it was public, Hibs tied him down and took that off the table. Which was good business if all the above was in fact true.

I think he'll enjoy Maloney too, the style of football should suit him, and give him more freedom if we can show to carry a threat elsewhere on the park, take all the opposition focus away from him.
Far too 1 dimensional up to now.

I'm quite optimistic now I've seen us play a game with a clear change to our style.

I agree that Boyle will probably like working with Maloney, and I think Maloney will get the best out of Boyle and the attack in general.

However if Boyle is offered silly money to move abroad, he’d be daft to not consider it. At 28 he won’t have many more chances to land a massive contract.

The Family

Capital Radge
Reaction score
I agree that Boyle will probably like working with Maloney, and I think Maloney will get the best out of Boyle and the attack in general.

However if Boyle is offered silly money to move abroad, he’d be daft to not consider it. At 28 he won’t have many more chances to land a massive contract.

Looks like they are not going to give up so easily, do they have a woman’s team?

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I think he will go this window, getting himself a life changing contract in the process. When he does go, he should be held up there as an example of what a player can achieve even when the big clubs pass you by first time round.

Norwayhibs

Norwegian Hibs Radge
Reaction score
I see Tam McManus tweeting that celtc are interested in Martin sum reported around 3 m.

Tatie

Hamesick Radge
Reaction score
Boyle + 3m for LH wee brother?

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
So our valuation of Squirrel is £3 million yet Patterson who has only played a handful of games does for 11.5. Go figure

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
So our valuation of Squirrel is £3 million yet Patterson who has only played a handful of games does for 11.5. Go figure

I don’t think Hibs have said that is how much Boyle is worth, but to take the point I’d say the difference is mainly down to potential and future values.

Boyle is 28, a winger, on a contract that’s worth his wages until June 2024. He’s probably got one more big contract available to him before his career starts to wind down. Any club signing Boyle is signing a ready made player to impact the first team for the next 3-4 years. That dictates his value, as does Hibernian’s finances and what the club would accept in relation to re-investing said money in the club.

Patterson is an investment in potential. The value in him is what he can be developed into which is either a first team regular, a player who can be sold to a bigger club, or a player who doesn’t quite make it at Everton but can still be sold on for roughly what they’ve paid. Scottish players have shown they can be stand outs in the EPL, so English clubs will look to the Scottish market for the next McGinn or Tierney.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score

Have we said that's our valuation?
It's a weggie rag valuation. Celtic are being linked with him again.

Considering he is our best player and what he is worth to Hibs per season in each competition I think starting bids should be from £5 million upwards. Hibs have been taken for mugs for too long. Smaller clubs in Europe and the rest of the world have been able to command high fees for absolute sh$#e in some cases. As well Hibs will find it exceptionally difficult to replace Boyle should he leave. Selling a star player to a close league rival should also bump up costs.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
I could accept Boyle leaving in the summer as long as we get a big offer for him, but not in January. It would be a disaster if he was to be sold now, half way through the season. I think Mueller is possibly being seen as his his replacement, however I think that's risky. For me, we would need to try to replace him with a proven player of similar experience.

To be honest, i'm amazed there has not been any firm and realistic offer for Boyle in the last year or so. I'm not including the Aberdeen one which was a joke, I mean a firm realistic offer from a bigger club. He's been a terrific player for Hibs and we really do need to get as much as we can for him when he is sold, which as I say should be in the summer if at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zab
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

Support the Site!

Goal
£100.00
Earned
£57.00